Best Multi Named Camps?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jontrann, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Jontrann Augur

Server is going to be all about how many named you can camp at one time so camps like A$$/Sup and Hamlord are going to be some of the best camps during launch.

What are some other good camps that have multiple rare spawns?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I can pretty reliably keep the injured rat, shady mercenary, and nesting rat PHs dead, hoping for some big glowing black stone drops.
    radclifc, Bardy McFly, Duder and 3 others like this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

Every pick of Guk will have an AE group pulling the entire dead side.
    GLORIOUS!
  4. Lejaun Augur

They already do.
  5. Digler Elder

This server is going to be interesting.

I'm curious how much more often named will be spawning. Anyone have any ideas, or thoughts?

I know there are various events/weekends during the year that named spawn at a faster rate. I presume it would be along those lines. Does anyone know what the increased spawn rate is during those times?

Also, will named be dropping an item of their normal loot table + a rando item? Will it just be a rando item?

We'll get the answers to those questions once we start playing, however..

My fear with this ruleset relates to this:
    1. There are highly desired camps in this game for two reasons: 1) good loot, 2) good XP
    2. There are a lot more camps with crappy loot than not.

From reading various threads about this server, I have the distinct impression people are under the assumption this server will rain GEBs and FBSSs in classic. I really don't think that will be the case. There is a lot of crappy loot out there!

Additionally, how will people get around camping items for their epics? For instance, will Begurgle still drop his crown for the cleric epic? Will other named mobs drop it, that are the appropriate level?

Will all those quest pieces for epics be tradable? Anyone know if all that stuff is tradable on FV? I've heard epics won't be tradable, but what about all four items for any final turn in?

If an item isn't tradable, will it still be "locked" to the normal NPC, or will it drop rando style?
  6. Digler Elder

I think the nerf to enchanters will limit this a great deal.
  7. Zansobar Augur

It may depend on if they adjust the drop percentage chance for rare's that are more concentrated or easier to get to. So more rare mobs but less chance at drops.
  8. Zansobar Augur

Mob loot tables will be random.
  9. Digler Elder

There is a lot of crappy loot out there.

It may not be an issue for raid mobs, because there is plenty of stuff to kill, which makes doing ALL the DZs worth while and not skipping any.

However, for your regular named mobs like Frenzy or Magi....man, there is a lot of crappy loot out there.
  10. Lejaun Augur

Its really a matter of whether more mobs that drop the items but with a lesser chance (due to more items being available) to get them will mean more or less of the desired items in game.

As always, people should take into consideration that the next expansion will only be a short time away, and many raid items should be available as the end-game raiders replace them with the latest gear (and bot armies farm them). Also that the BiS items aren't as needed as many of us think they are.
  11. Rcbauer Augur

wont slow down the kronolords
  12. MMOer Augur

People going to be loosing their sheets in LGUk... Exe/sage/cav/sav gonna be like RAWR!!!

I really didn't want to play a puller this round as I did the last two... but damn that competition for bosses gonna be fierce and my group will praise me for my yoink abilities.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Why the dead side? The King will drop the FBSS, SMR, etc. too now.
    Orsenfelt likes this.
  14. Jontrann Augur

Imagine playing a puller on Mischief.

LOOKING FOR PULLER MUST HAVE XXXXX 3rd Party Program.
  15. Rcbauer Augur

You're not wrong.
  16. Lhus Journeyman

If we can kill Aten Ha Ra in cloth, I think people will survive if they have to equip some crappy gear instead of BiS in every slot.
  17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Classic will be the same.... overrun with enc charming. They only need 1 stun, it that.
  18. Magician9001 Augur

People that farm group loots in Classic are doing it wrong.

You wanna get https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=937
    Not FBSS.

Most of the Meta XP camps already have a ton of named and a ton of gear is gonna entire the economy just by people leveling. The correct thing to do is level up then do single group AoCs of Hate/Fear trash or do Plat DKP raids that farm Hate Minis, Golems ect.

Then after that you Krono up a second account and do it again. People that wanna try and farm Krono on Mischief better learn the best way to farm Krono is get a bunch of toons leveled and do all the DZs you can handle.

That said Live Side Guk, Nobles in SoLB and Temple in CT are the XP camps that got major farming buffs in Classic.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Trakanon's Teeth. Tons of named on a cycle and wide level range
    radclifc and Niskin like this.
  20. Mattling Elder

Y'all failing to use your imaginations here....

Quag Maelstrom is a lvl 45 rare that spawns every 30 seconds on Seafury Isle in OoT. He'll have all the Guk loot in his table.

Rharzar is a lvl 55 rare that can spawn from any drake in Rathe Mtns. He'll share the same loot as the Fear/Hate minis, perhaps even Vox/Naggy.

There are a ton of rares out there that have nearly instant spawn times that no one kills because either they're epic related or they'd normally have no loot.