farming AC augs on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinth, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Rainbowbright Journeyman

Alot of folks either didn't play selos or are just forgetting how the events for rares works. The chance flips on each named too so the rare becomes the common. Now instead of camping specific named the new camp fighting strategy will be to find those magic spots where many named spawn. Examples would be Morells Castle Sanctus carpet camp at the zone in, Crystal caverns tentacle cave in Rain of fear...I could go on. I really honestly wish they gave us a later expansion version of this server. I have my fingers crossed when this servers overwhelmed on day 1. I want a miragul version of this server. Also there were ac augs that were absolutely awful to camp in the later expansions. The imp in Fear itself, the goblin was nasty as hell in alkabors, that frikkin hasted jerk in alkabors that dropped a caster aug...and lets not forget XOLOK.

This brings up another point though, what happens to the later expansion bag drops and the xorbb powersource in the drop tables, does it drop across the entire T3 named loot table? God I want an underfoot+ version of this server so bad right now.
  2. Protagonist Tank

This text should be added to the banner graphic for every TLP launch. It's every re-rolling player's slogan every time.
  3. Lejaun Augur

Ha, fair enough. I feel confident I'm correct in this specific case, but hopefully for those that play on this upcoming server, I won't have to eat crow on it.
    Skuz and Protagonist like this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

But how are we to know which mobs are rare mobs in GoD-SoF without Hunter Achievements to declare them as such!

It will be more annoying to farm AC Augs this is true, you will just need your guild to call out rotters when they get random ones from named that they don’t need
    Skuz likes this.
  5. OliverQ Elder

You're assuming Mischief will ever make it far enough to worry about AC augs. Don't count on it.
  6. Faydra Augur

To be fair, despite a fairly consistent approach, they have been making improvements over time.
  7. Protagonist Tank

The last two launches both required a mass outrage from the players to get them to un-derp the proposed rule set. That this one is too vague for anyone to tell them if it's stupid or not is not a good thing.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Oh, please.
  9. Hdizzle Augur

Everything's tradeable. Ruleset def has potential.

Maybe OP trades something he doesn't need for a 40 ac aug some rando caster doesn't need /shrug. I think thats the vision at least.

I'm more interested in how they handle quest items (classic armor/epics/Keys etc). That to me is the only part of this that can go sideways can make the server more annoying than its worth.
  10. Xhartor Augur

If you want any targeted item on this server, expect to break out the krono.

I think the bigger nightmare would be running a guild with some kind of merit based loot system. So far the bets idea I have heard is to basically run a plat guild. Where it work like those plat raids with the haul being split based off attendance and parceled out.
  11. Machen New Member

Exactly, unlike the previous traditional TLP's that have still all had health pop at the point where tank augs are farmed in group content.
  12. TLP Addict Augur

just buy them in bazaar
  13. Machen New Member

No one doubts the demand will be very high. The question is, will supply be sufficient to meet it?

"break out the krono" can mean 2-3 for an rss aug, or it could mean 20-300 for a rss aug on Mischief. Remains to be seen which it will be, but I expect much closer to the high end.
  14. Xeris Augur

Sorry how is a CoS a required item? I've played SK for years on every TLP and I've never had a cos ever. I have at no point felt like it was worth the time to camp it or post to buy it. Like when do I need a 0.1 sec invis? So I can stand up from fd and invis before aggro? Saving a death. Xp is so fast it's irrelevant.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

I love how we have no idea what things are going to be like in classic, per Dreamweaver, we wan't you guys to find out for yourselves.

Why worry about some expansion you may not even make it to? Carpe Diem

Half the fun is not knowing what's going to happen until it does.
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  16. Zinth Augur

says more about you, using all your abilities then than the item no? it's is extremely useful if you know how to use it
  17. Zinth Augur

you might not make it since you swap next year to the next tlp, but I just finished on Phinny which is about to hit live status ;-)
  18. Silver-Crow Augur

Except you wouldn't sit down and farm as invariably you had a RMT 'squatter' there 24 x7. Most people probably just buy whatever they need from said squatter and move on. The only difference now is that the business will probably move to the bazaar, taking the squatter out of the loop... which is the whole point of the change to loot drops.

I applaud DPG for trying something new.
  19. yerm Augur

You could just have your guild which has the chance to get these augs anywhere pool them for the raid tanks. As long as you aren't some kind of unlikeable antisocial miserable hobgoblin that people only put up with because you have perfect attendance and hit taunt on time, this shouldn't be hard to pull off for items that drop in group content and get used in raid content.
    Iyacc and code-zero like this.
  20. Kylo Classic Augur

Taking from all and giving to one...that sounds like welfare. /s