Why do so many zones in Luclin have bad exp modifiers and can this be changed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Hamshire Augur

I know Inner AC and Ssra mines are good but they can only hold a single group and we all know that they won't do anything about the grind/exp pots so in that front it just is what it is. What im trying to get out of this is I want the zones nobody exps in to have the ZEM buffed so that they can at least feel like that they are another option to go to. UP for example does have a lot of hp so buff the ZEM to make up for it, not so much that it makes exp pots irrelevant but at least make it good enough so that its an option to actually wanna go exp there and the same with Akheva Ruins, Maiden's Eye, the Ssraeshza Temple snakes and other mostly unused zones that nobody goes to because the ZEM is bad.

It just feels bad that so many zones have bad ZEMs and basically just go unused because why exp there to make 5aa when you can get 10aa in another zone in the same amount of time. I am sure we all have zones we love but will never go and exp in them purely because it has a bad ZEM.
  2. Aiona Augur

The Paludal Bandits stole all the XP modifiers for themselves! :D
    Skuz and Fhiele like this.
  3. Xhartor Augur

I would rather see them move up the unlock on the following zone to Luclin, so they have increased options for AA grinding:

Charkdok B
    CT Revamp
    The Hole Revamp
    Sol C
    Veksar
    The entire LoY expansion.

This would provide a wide range of options for players looking to AA grind during Luclin, and all these zones are useless once PoP unlocks.
    Polekn, coltongrundy and Rcbauer like this.
  4. yerm Augur

I am a HUGE advocate of putting loy before pop, so that the charms and raids actually see use... but I am doubtful it ever happens. Even if it does and we get some of the good zones like there and veksar etc, I still would love to have me, up, and ar buffed so that their zem is at least close to if not even with ge for xping. Ar is a big one that would really help luclin out if it was boosted into viability. Its a cool zone and its a pretty zone.
    Gremin likes this.
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

Essentially all ZEMs need to be rotated or reworked, ideally between each TLP as a way to encourage a changing meta. Originally ZEM was supposed to be a tool to balance risk vs reward (I think) and so “dangerous” dungeons got ZEMs and outdoor zones largely stayed at base exp levels. However in the modern era of TLPs no zone is actually dangerous to players, so the function of ZEMs should instead be to encourage level route diversity. Incentivize grinding in underused zones across all of the “golden era” expansions
  6. Gnothappening Augur

NGL I really wish LoY was before PoP too. It is a dead expansion originally and it is here as well. I must admit though, part of me just wants it for the lizard mounts. My guys don't look dashing on the horse models in the same way they do on lizards.
    radclifc and Tibber like this.
  7. Xhartor Augur

Hate's Fury is one of the coolest zones in game, it and Nadox would both be good AA grinding zones at 60.

I don't think AR will ever see much in the ways exp groups. The named have lackluster drops and those mana draining mind worms just aren't welcoming to an exp group. Also the inability to invis your way to deeper camps doesn't help.
    Bardy McFly, jeskola and radclifc like this.
  8. Tibber New Member

Um every zone you said for those to name a few all have 113% to 127% exp modifier. What the heck are you saying atrocious ZEMs are you wanting even higher? Permafrost Splitpaw and Dalnir are just out of the way and take time to get to. I actually really like Dalnir to level up in. There are easier to get to zones. Has nothing to do with the ZEM. Seb I always see people in. Hardly unused. Usually multiple pics. If any id like Lake of Ill Omen to have a higher one. Good zone not hard to get to just has a horrible exp rate. 80% sucks.
  9. Hamshire Augur

Wish it was worth exping in LoY :(
    Mithra and radclifc like this.
  10. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

LoY best eq expansion unironically
    Mithra and radclifc like this.
  11. radclifc Journeyman

Hates fury is my private stomping ground. I love that zone so much xp or not. LoY in general is a gem of an expansion, some of my best memories are starting on the shore around 30 and staying there until 65. With this randomized free trade loot servers I am so tempted to live in strange corners of that place while listening to audiobooks.

You know what, I cant think of a single zone in LoY I dislike. Unironically the best expansion, I am in agreement. It has such a neat atmosphere, people hyper focused on loot or min-maxing speed to max are missing out on that place. And I am sure there will be discoveries like that on Mischief once the loot by camp opens up. Perhaps, maybe not.

Yes please. Luclin Era, please. It is so damn good. Kudos if anyone from that creative team is here reading, you nailed a good expansion with that one.
    Mithra likes this.
  12. jiri_ Augur

I actually thought Dalnir had one of the higher ZEMs. It's a pretty great camp until you're high enough for City of Mist or wherever people go in the mid-30s.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Add me to the growing list of Hate's Fury fans! Currently working on Hunter
  14. Machen New Member

It used to be one of the broken former hotzones that they forgot to revert and still gave hotzone exp. It's still pretty good, but not nearly what it was.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Scale ZEM based on pick count. More picks = Lower ZEM.

Just play at 4am!
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  16. coltongrundy Augur

All these people talking about LoY before PoP... I would never step into LoY without a PoK book in Gunthak. LoY would not be worth the travel time it takes to get there.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

ZEM isn't the only thing to consider for a zone.

Population & spawn speed also matter.

Good xp in a zone is a function not just of the mob's XP but how many mobs there actually are, how fast they respawn & how close together they are in relation to each other.

Balance all 3 of those vs "ease of escape" and the zone is more attractive.

Dungeons are generally still harder to escape than open world zones so they should still have a bit of a bonus over them.

All that said how much XP balancing is really needed for TLP? I think PoP onwards was fine it's the earlier zones where it seems to be a contentious issue, the Mischief ruleset will throw the XP per zone into a new spotlight as players diversify their hunting spots a bit more.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Funny guy.
    radclifc likes this.
  19. Wtfagain Elder

/r/confidentlyincorrect/
  20. Wtfagain Elder

48 hours... it only takes 48 hours...