AFK Checks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jack of all trades, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

That's a good point, once you and your 32 alts have mounts what other loot is even worth bothering? I can't recall if there is lvl req on his loot but even if not defiant gear and/or Mercs would make it redundant anyways. At least in FV u guess you could do it to sell the mounts? But other live servers it doesn't make sense to me.
  2. yerm Augur

Its done to do it. Loot isn't a factor. It's just people who get off on smearing old content relentlessly with overleveled characters. I remember stumbling into this before regular tlp servers. You couldn't do a tlp style play anywhere because literally everywhere you went had people just obliterating ntov, seru, etc with their max leveled dudes.

These people should go before even the afk botting rmters!
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  3. nitrocutter Journeyman

No. It was straight up created as a cash grab as each TLP is.
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I love how people say "cash grab" as if it's an evil. It's a business. They are here to make money.
    Koshk likes this.
  5. Kiaro Augur

Yes how dare they exploit what creates incentives for people to spend money on their products!!!
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

It's one thing to pump out a higher volume of delicious soup by creating more soup... but it's a whole other ballgame to just add a bunch of water to the same soup.
    SmellyFinger likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
  8. Lejaun Augur

Did you really take the time to dredge up a thread that hadn't been talked in for over a month to make this comment?
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I'm all for TLP rehashes, but the rate was too much. I did selo start to finish, but even on the "standard" TLP's they were pumping out a new one everytime it hit Luclin or POP, and that really hurt the prior TLP even though it was still very much in that classic era.

Once things get too far past omens, the dropoff is precipitous and players start to get that itch again... but DBG was scratching before the itch far too often.
    nitrocutter likes this.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

The H in IMHO stands for humble, so when you aren't being humble you should use IMO.

I'm not against drugs, but it's best to trip alone or with a friend, and not wander on to the forums and expose your insane ramblings to others. Socials don't just make things easier, they can also make things scary. Like I press 4, and it targets the tank's target, casts Mark, then casts Contravention, and then re-targets the tank. That's when I find out if the tank survived my little macro adventure. I find it fun, but also scary. The tanks say they don't like it, but I know deep down they do. Rez effects are like a guaranteed AFK, and everybody has to pee eventually.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't disagree with that.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Thanks for this post. It confirms that I can skip all of your future posts. But I must comment on this:

Using audio triggers makes me a dirtbag, eh? TIL
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Don't worry, your lack of any kind of sense of humor would clearly indicate to anyone reading that you have never done any kind of drugs. Your reputation is safe. :rolleyes:

However, if you continue to make insane suggestions, that reputation may come back into question. When we have people using third party software to automate their characters and you think stripping down socials is going to solve anything... /boggle The people causing problems aren't using socials, they're reading from the memory buffer and injecting commands into the client.

Last night I put a timer on a social, so I could visually see on my hotbar when the aura it casts was going to expire. I've tried managing it manually, but with larger screens and more things to watch, it's a pain. So now when I see the hotkey isn't red, I click it. If I do this for my other aura I could hide that window completely. But apparently I'm the problem...