Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Uumdano Augur

I run war/enc/clr/shm/brd/wiz on Riz and enjoy pbaoe'n. I do not use third party, I make every f'n key stroke on each account. That being said you will see level 56 mobs in many of these pbaoe places, especially the deep. I can not pull massive trains, but I can get up to 20ish with 3 or 4 level 56 mobs being mixed in there. It can be very dicey and often I wipe because I miss a heal on the chanter. My point being, a few un-stunnable mobs already exist in these areas and are not the solution to the problem.

If this is all about server side lag, I rather see some sort of pop up window as I enter a zone on all my accounts that toggle the information that is sent to me, if possible. Or even a full time toggle, if possible, where I could contribute to cutting down on the server lag as opposed to losing a game mechanic that has many uses that contribute to reducing the grind as well as increasing in game challenge and therefore fun.

I really do not understand why they cant come out and say do these things and you can help to cut down on server side lag, much like there are options we can take to reduce end user lag by eliminating title, guild & names, reducing particle effects, lowering clip, etc. That they do not take it a step further and implement something that we can toggle to cut down on the information that is transmitted to us just boggles my mind. Not all of us need or want all the information that is pumped to us.

Instead of coming up with a legit solution ( I am no programmer, no idea if my thought process is actually valid here), we lose a game and class mechanic that actually attracts many people to the game in the first place. It is like a double whammy of stupidity and sadly par for the course.
  2. Charysma New Member

OK, so RMT'ers is a problem. I get it. The game definitely deserves to collect its revenue, and RMTers just PL for krono then sell it back directly to the afk person. Let's face it DBG isn't UNICEF.

But was obliterating an entire class and the one unique ability we have necessary? Or the effect it will have on raid times, because guilds employ the strategy to quickly dispatch all trash mobs? Or even leveling within your guild with other players not afk, but boxing and playing dual roles in the exp grp such as pulls and stuns to make it happen? Or recharming in a group or solo, and needing two stuns because the first one got resisted or charm got resisted?

I get RMT is an issue, and I'm with you on finding a way to solve it. But you're effectively turning my chanter into a KEI, GRM, Haste bot on raids, and have made it somewhat too risky to charm pet in normal group setting. That should be fun, I can read my book while we raid now and not feel guilty when i tell a grp that I'm not taking a pet. Gives me alot of reason to renew ;). Especially with all the 6 chanter box groups we will see in the future with their fancy schmancy stun rotations.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

no class was obliterated. You still get a charm pet that is the top dps through pop. That pet can no longer be dispelled. You have the best buffs forever. You have the best CC.

The game mechanic was abused and something was done about it.

Kudos to the new bosses.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Making action A better /=/ a nerf to action B. You can still quad. You can still kite reds. The xp is just as good as it was so it is still perfectly viable for when you can't find a group, can't play for very long, just want to mess around by yourself, etc.
  5. Kiaro Augur

Solo XP is considerably slower than it was back in the day, I remember getting 6% per kill leveling in my 40s soloing reds, the only level that was really slow was 45.

Now its 2% capped XP per kill on reds leveling.
    Zinth likes this.
  6. Lejaun Augur

I know you are just trolling, but you are also completely wrong.
    Boxers just log in another chanter or two. If they were suspended/banned, they just make a new one and have it leveled in a couple days at most.

You didn't stop anything.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

That was more likely done to sell potions.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

They stopped regular aoe groups.

Easiest solution is to just go to these zones on Aradune, and I stress Aradune, and give people time off for playing more than two (don't need another situation where people get time off for playing more than 2 on Rizlona).

I'll be the first to tell you that I box. I also hated the 2 box limit on Aradune and wanted it to be a regular TLP. That being said, I follow the rules and won't have more than 2 on Aradune to goof off with old college buddies who wouldn't come to Rizlona. My main characters that I play for personal enjoyment and challenge are on Riz.
  9. Kiaro Augur

Not going to disagree in the slightest.
  10. Machen New Member

This wouldn't solve the problem. The problem with server side lag is that when mobs are pathing, the server has to make many extra calculations. When you have large groups of mobs pathing to a player that is constantly moving, ie during a big ae pull, those calculations get a lot more intense and bog down the server. It doesn't matter what's communicated to your client, the server still has to do the calculations for the mobs to be able to move.

That said, I'm not convinced this change was about cutting down server lag. AE pulls are much different than the swarm kiting that used to take place with bards or with mages/wizards beam kiting, where the mobs were pathing for the entirety of the fight. And they tend to be much smaller than the 200 mobs sk's used to be able to pull. Both of those changes, the devs were explicit that the reason for the change was to cut down on server load. Here, we haven't heard a peep, and it seems more likely that the devs are just responding to players complaining.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

That's not the point and you know it. I haven't used an AE stun for 10 years. But I do know that this change is just another in a long list of bad changes to "fix" issues. They are constantly and consistently applying the exact wrong solution. I'm sick of this game working around RMTers and actually catering to them. Good job, DPG. You just enabled the mega-boxers and removed a viable strategy from regular group player. Well done.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

You can edit your forum title, you know. I'd suggest "clueless" for you.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

They aren't trying to solve it, they are trying to encourage it. Everything they have done the past 1-2 years proves it.
  14. modsiw Augur

At least the fastest XP is no longer both mind numbingly boring and infuriatingly tedious.

It detracts from EQ flavor, but it's a solid game play improvement, imho.
  15. ForumNugget Journeyman

Without a doubt, this change is a win for RMTers. Either the devs are incredibly clueless or actively encouraging RMT.
  16. ForumNugget Journeyman

Riiiiiight, cause 6 months of velks oc/ic isn't mind numbing or tedious at all.
    jeskola and Machen like this.
  17. Sebbun Augur

Much rather spend a weekend AEing than three weekends beating on individual mobs!
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

THIS IS AN AMAZING CHANGE EXACTLY WHAT I CRIED ABOUT FOR THE PAST 5 MONTHS. THANK YOU DARKPAW FOR LISTENING TO ME. AMAZING CHANGE BY AMAZING DEVS WORKING FOR AN AMAZING COMPANY

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  19. Triconix Augur

Who is forcing you to spend 6 months in velks oc/ic? There are plenty of other places to exp.
  20. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

When can we expect all wizard AEs on a shared CD?