AFK AE Players screwing Aradunes economy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dirkman, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

Going afk in and of itself isn't, though you should move to a safe area or log out. That means that if you are in an exp group and need to afk for an extended period of time, say a few minutes, you should move your guy to the dungeon entrance or somewhere away from the group.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

People are missing the point, there is no clear statement to be had. They changed the EULA to be vague so they could interpret that the way they need to when situations arise. We can speculate on what they mean, and how they will enforce it, and we could be right, until we aren't.

Some guy claimed in a recent thread that he got AFK checked by a GM in /say, missed it, and foraged something. Then got a suspension. He had been foraging, so the GM was probably checking to see if it was automated. When he foraged again without responding that was what the GM needed to see.

Is this story true? We don't know. Does it fit the profile of gaining while AFK, despite possibly being in a safe area of the zone? Yes. If this is true, would it make all of our arguing over where the line is, moot? Yes. Everything being argued right now is more of an issue than somebody AFK foraging.

So stop thinking you know, stop arguing what you can't know, and accept that any choice you make in this direction is a risk. You still get to decide, but you may find out you are wrong, and you should know that going into making the choice.
  3. Alchem The Judge Journeyman

I think it feels different when real groups are there. I mean I was in Tower of Frozen Shadow just yesterday doing Hunter Achv's when a guy came by my camp with his group. I immediately was like hey you can have the other side and I'll slow down my pulls. He didn't want the camp but was also doing Hunter Achv's so we formed a raid when one popped so we could both benefit. So not only did I not give up my awesome little camp, I made a new contact for when I'm looking to do stuff like that, and I got twice the reward for half the effort. I also didn't mean just player vs. environment monster hunting as the only alternative in the Achv window to do. I mean there's great content locked behind every corner. Anniversary is the most obvious thing to state but there's tradeskills, exploration, collections...organizing my bags is like a week long event even. I'm not trying to convince you it isn't a problem I'm trying to convince you not to make it your problem. Worrying about what others should be doing and if they're doing the right thing is a heavy way to spend your day. Reason with them, Report them, Remove yourself from the situation.