How to claim the free heroic?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ravyns, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Kraygore New Member

Not really his fault if Daybreak had a typo.... Especially considering other people actually did get the heroic upgrade token.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah I got 5 (Not really! - Fake News),

Let it go, let it go, Can't hold it back anymore, Let it go, let it go, Turn away and slam the door, I don't care what they're going to say, Let the storm rage on, The cold never bothered me anyway.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  3. Derd Augur

Does fake new member understand everyone with a brain , which may exclude him, knows two things. Nobody got a free heroic cause well it was just old text that popped up and that daybreak can tell where every new forum account comes from and if they are legit or not :)
  4. Kraygore New Member

If they caused the text error, they should be responsible if people saw it early and paid money. That's false advertisement, typo or not .
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's easier (and more productive) to just put fake new members on ignore ;)
  6. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

I admit I did the same too, I had a couple accounts not subscribed and subbed because I thought it was the Heroic thing.

The other thing that was misleading is my All Access character got the 22nd year message about Hero's Forge, but my 2 accounts running on Krono got the 21st Anniversary Heroic Character message instead, so I just assumed they were like offering it to entice people to subscribe.

also since they're re-doing the last like 8 Anniversary events too its not unreasonable to think they'd reactivated a promotion from last year too even if you did notice the 21st vs 22nd thing.

I ultimately woulda subbed anyway, so it's not a big deal to me, But I did do it 'cause I wanted a Heroic Enchanted to enchant tradeskill things for me and it was pretty misleading.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

They do all the quests every year. But it is confusing that half start now and half start April
    Tuesday, March 16 14th through 22nd anniversary quests, missions, and raids Monday, May 10
    Monday, April 12 5th through 13th anniversary quests, missions, raids, and Fabled mobs Monday, May 10

8. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I think it would be overwhelming to lump them all together. It's pretty nice to have the newest stuff up front for the Anniversary, and everything else a bit later to "catch up" on things you may have missed.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Fake new member doesn't understand that a message about the 21st anniversary reward has nothing to do with logging in for the 22nd anniversary reward. Additionally, they either don't get the e-mails, or check the EQ news, or forums, or discord, or ask in general chat... before allegedly spending money on something they misread. :p
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

IMO they should have made good on their mistake and granted heroics to all accounts that logged in while the announcement was live. Just IMO, of course. Any inference heretofore that this is an official stance is purely coincidental. All names and places are fictitious and are not intended to represent actual people or places. Any side effects from reading this post are purely coincidental and poster is to be held free from prosecution for the views previously referenced. This message will self-destruct in 20 seconds.

Come on, DarkPaw. It was your mistake. People are logging in expecting free heroics. Let's not sour the reception any more than it already is.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Their mistake was leaving in the 21st announcement. It clearly stated logging in during the 21st anniversary would grant a free heroic. If anyone is able to go and log in for the 21st anniversary, DPG would be obligated to comply. It's not false advertisement. It's not like the message said the 22nd anniversary would give a free heroic. Even if someone felt like they could challenge it, any lawyer would know there isn't a leg to stand on. Just a handful of entitled players (who know they're wrong) wanting free stuff.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Tryal Anderror Journeyman

But people who got that 21st Anniversary message didn't get the 22nd one.

Kind of idiotic to think a pretty big mistake like that is totally fine and then put the burden on a bunch of player and say "HAHA it's the 22nd Anniversary, not the 21st! gotchya Loser!"

People are able to go back and get the old anniversary items and do old anniversary quests... it's not at all unreasonable to assume they reactivated an old promotion.

The other message says '14th through 21st anniversary quests now available'
    So someone logging in and seeing 2 Alerts, one says '14th to 21st now available' and '21st anniversary reward is Heroic thingy' would be pretty justified thinking it simply was the 21st anniversary because nothing actually said '22nd' on it.

It's a weird mistake for them to have made
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The pop up was not turned off from last year. That was the mistake.

It is not a pop up they made this year so it was not a typo.

These things run on scripts. Its not the first time and I doubt it will be the last time the script isn't turned off. Usually it happens with Fabled or Hardcore Heritage.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You are welcome to borrow the Tardis & go back a year in time to get the free Heroic.

You can log onto Miragul all day every day & get free Heroics.

So you do have options.
  15. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Monday:
    Forums:
    Producer's Letter - Winter 2021 and 22nd Anniversary!

Our 22nd Anniversary Celebration Begins Tomorrow!

News:
    Producer's Letter - Winter 2021
    Celebrating twenty-two years of Norrath!

Our 22nd Anniversary Celebration Begins Tomorrow!
    It's been twenty-two years of adventures in Norrath, here's to many, many more!

BOTH in-game messages:
    https://imgur.com/a/KcBvzZK

Confirmation that there is no Heroic character reward:
    [IMG]

Thread that was started Feb 26th!

I didn't get a e-mail until Weds.. so I won't count in their E-mail as a notice... but seriously. There was plenty of information about it being the 22nd anniversary. Plenty of information about the rewards. Taking less than a minute, there was direct access to confirm any/all info about the rewards.

The whole "People may have thought it was the 21st" is just a poor excuse. You can see in the Feb 26th thread where people were already trying to get free heroic toons this year.... I have no sympathy and even less every time a new complaint pops up.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

How dare returning players not pay closer attention. HOW DARE THEY! Wretched swine, those returning players. Wanting something FREE and FUN. HOW DARE THEY!
  17. Riou EQResource

This is true they never updated the 21st to be 22nd (and it still isn't updated)
  18. Kraygore New Member

Actually, if you look at the posts, people did as and we're mislead. They said they would get a boost. Obviously members don't work there, but the community clearly was not 100% all clear on this.