Soooo what's tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Kujoe Lorekeeper

2 servers to be released:

1 - toxic haven, just a straight up FFA.. lets see just how big this dumpster fire gets.

2 - release of new "Heroic Characters" and a TLP Quarm/Selo type server which will eventually go the way of the Selo 1.0 / Phinny

2b - a fresh live server (all expac's open, live exp, etc.) starting in classic and with X month unlocks, that has and will keep forever AoC's and FV loot rules.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Free Trade TLP is not gonna happen, ever, so go play on FV or forget it.
    Triconix likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From what I have read Trakanon was a failure, "Fresh Start" live servers are not a good idea versus TLP, Selo was a lot more popular at least to begin with.
    Add to that Truebox is just a death sentence for any server that is not a TLP, Miragul largely proved that in my opinion.
    Progression is much more appealing.

Bad idea + Bad idea = very bad idea
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah, Trak was more of a Promo gimmick they announced at FF was it?

I bet they could do a limited time run version. More similar to Quarm (I believe?) and just let it run for X amount of time after some goal has been met. Then grant a /claim to all who met the conditions.

Even if it were multiple expansions, it ought to be possible to run something like the Cazic Thule story line (HoT through RoF). Mayong Story line (DoDH through TBS), EoK & RoS, ToV & CoV (Talking down the road there).. They could run GoD through SoD, though that'd be a pretty long haul.

Doubtful that it'd be "worth" it from a financial standpoint, but it could be a thing. It's already known that TLP's start bleeding population around PoP-GoD era. There's just a lot more "interaction" in OG through Luclin, when the world is smaller and there aren't instances to hide in. Plus the shot at grabbing artifact items... most things being tradable/sellable. I don't want to take a guess as to when, but eventually most TLP's become pretty insular within guilds. The bazaar is questionable for returns, because the guilds supply their own.
  5. Greebo Journeyman

BEST..IDEA..EVAH!!! :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Trever_Aradune New Member

wish they gave a timeframe of when they were going to announce whatever it is they are launching
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From what the devs have said the Quarm event server was a failure for them too, the problem with the way that event was set up is that it only really makes sense to have 1 Mega-guild on the server everyone joins to hit the parameters set out.

I think a seasonal 3 month classic to pop run that has a reward system similar to how Diablo 3 handles seasons could work & actually attract some live players to participate & make it more interesting, have it set to run in the 3 months prior to the new live expansion (e.g. sep/oct/nov).
    Each season could have a few new wrinkles in the ruleset to spice it up & season specific rewards you can claim on your live server, I'd prefer to see those rewards centred around grouping than raiding though.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. Zipe The Healer

Well, that didn't stop them from opening Miragul just when Phinny was finishing VoA (the expansion after HoT).
    They don't care about crossovers.
    During Phinny lifespan it feels like every move they have made regarding TLP have been made without taking Phinigel into consideration and the harm that their decisions were doing to their communities. And they are continuing to do so on this days (see Dreamweaver comments about Phinigel transfer/merge this week).
  9. TLP Addict Augur

51/50 TLP starts at either PoP or OoW then unlocks from there as usual.

Obviously wait until existing TLPs are well beyond that era.
  10. Machen New Member

Damn, I was wrong. But I didn't think I'd be THIS wrong!
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Congrats to whomever sets up the best email/registration bot.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Do I get my "Europeans are always Second-Class Citizens" badge yet?

Oh wait, it just arrived!

[IMG]
  13. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah I'm definitely not gonna say it would be a success. I certainly can't speak for anyone else, but I'd personally be excited about such a server. Especially if heroic toons were disabled for the first couple of months just to make it interesting.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Beggly Augur

I always felt that racial limits on classes were a bit silly. It assumes that magic is either required for all the classes, or that there is some controlling deity which decides everything and enforces it. It's very old school D&D.
  15. topple good idea generator

I think in the grand scheme of things we can expect them to put manpower behind to update, all classes for all races seems like a lot of work for minimal payoff.

I know they can't tell us their plans because we would lose out collective minds the second whatever timeframe we imagined isn't being met, but it would be nice to hear something along the lines of "new event server planned for summer/fall" or "new TLP on the table for this winter." Just some sort of info to get all wiggly and giggly about.
  16. topple good idea generator

17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't even think we need all/all on races & classes all that we need is the availability of illusions of each race to be reasonably attainable (not like the only non-potion Troll illusion item click being behind a humungous plat sink).
  18. Machen New Member

No. This is a class creep thing. Everyone eventually gets it, but let the rogues and bards and enchanters have their glory for the first few expansions.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I should perhaps have clarified that I wasn't advocating for all classes to have reasonably attainable illusions in classic or anything like that, just that over the life-cycle of a TLP as players move through expansions that these should at a reasonable pace be available, in line with the expanded availability of illusions that happened over time in EQ anyway.

If you want to try and rewind the availability of illusions on TLP to something more severe than what took place on live servers, well no I think the ship already sailed on that argument.

We already have a ton of illusions available via the marketplace but if I am honest I personally always felt that "illusions" should not have been venerated as something only Rogues, Bards & Enchanters should have had access to in the first place.

I do think that Rogues Bards & Enchanters should have had a greater variety of illusions available outside of the player races ones so that they can pass as NPC races etc. and that's true just to a fairly small extent now as only a handful of illusions are exclusive to those classes. I also think player race illusions should be pretty standard available for every class by now.
    Maybe instead of creating false restrictions just up the ante by giving Rogues, Bards & Enchanters a greater variety of player race options, as an example more than one type of Troll illusion.
  20. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Yeah, that's more in tune to what I was thinking. I was just kinda trying to hit major story arcs for examples. Basically knowing that financially, why I wrote would be a failure, I just couldn't flesh it out in my head when I was typing. (Hence me saying it wouldn't be worth it in the post :p )

The only variant from OG =>Velious or OG => Luclin, would be straight TSS zone restricted. It would funnel people through an expansion specifically created to go from 1 to 75 within it's boundaries. There'd still be a marketplace, for all of the gear up to the final group gear. No Bazaar, so an EC-like system would need to pop up (probably in mesa because it is the fork for the two paths, Sunderock for bank/wiz port access, or CR for low level bank access).

The only redeeming concept of the TSS starter Progression server, is that the zones/content won't be mostly skipped over and it won't be the same exact camping of the same exact mobs/zones for the same exact BiS items like every other progression server ever. Aside from the charm and wanderlust aug, most of the expansion is ghosted. Ashengate, Vald, and Direwind see some love. Frostcrypt sees a little, but it is tightly packed and not really CCable. (mostly I saw camps at the AC aug and 1h weap aug but not much else until later)

I did a lot of Beta work with TSS, sadly, Beta is far too late to inject some of the changes that should have occurred. AG and FC were supposed to be harder (they were in Beta) but there contention about increasing the rewards. Ultimately, they became easy for raiders, slightly hard for non-raider groups. We (myself and several other testers) were pushing for OG PoFear/Hate RvR w/o the raid boss presence. They've still never come out with a zone like those since.