Logging in

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by feeltheburn, Feb 24, 2021.

1. nitrocutter Journeyman

Stay in the Nexus or PoK
    Darkrok42 likes this.
  2. Lejaun Augur

Hey EQ, maybe it would be a good gesture of goodwill if you send out a bit of station cash or an xp potion when you fubar up the servers. It doesn't cost you anything, but it makes people a little bit more forgiving and happier when they are finally able to play again.
    MLNKLY likes this.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

Or pause the timer on subs/krono. I don't think you'd have 90% of the complaints if you paused gametime when you bring down servers, especially when they're down for a half day or more.
    Moege, Metanis, Herf and 1 other person like this.
  4. Protagonist Tank

Your post makes it very clear this is acceptable, but you're just haggling over the price of them doing it to you.
  5. Darkrok42 Apprentice

The downtime is one thing but the lack of any ETA - an acknowledgement about 5 hours in that there is an issue - and then complete silence is another.

Crap happens. Especially with computers. Double especially with old code running on computers. I think we all get that. But at the moment we're all wondering, "hey, this service that we pay for - is it down for minutes? hours? days? the server hamsters are dead and the necros refuse to rez them?" We just don't know because there's no communication. I don't think this is on Dreamweaver - they need to actually feed information to Dreamweaver so they can do their job. Somewhere along the line though there's a lack of communication and that's not a good look for a fairly large company like this. :(
    Fenthen and sabken like this.
  6. Darkrok42 Apprentice

7. Herodotus Augur

Weird stuff today. For the last hour plus I could log into the forums on two different accounts. I could see the bolded text of on threads that had new messages but not post. Strange day indeed. I am hopeful that things will be working again soon.
    Nennius likes this.
  8. Dyrthesis New Member

Finally just gave me ability to post after not being able to do so all day, so hopefully the login server will be back soon too.
    Svann2 likes this.
  9. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Same here, finally free! Had to log out and back in, closed the browser for good measure also, but now it's working.
  10. OldRodKS Elder

Is it just the login servers that are down? I see the server status page shows all the servers up
  11. Dyrthesis New Member

Appears to be that way, its not even connecting to verify credentials, you can use anything for a user name and password and it still just gives the login error.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just do what i did and keep your account logged in no issues course i prob cant get into my other accounts lol.

Andarriel
  13. Sheebea Augur

I still cannot log-in. "Timeout" error. So what to do to get in the game? I have tried many time this morning. Also, first off, I couldn't post here. Game down, can't pose a question on the forum. The person that created this situation should be given a raise and a promotion for preventing negative feedback!!
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Nothing yet, the login server is still down as far as logging into the game. Forum logins have been working all day, but as you experienced, many of us got the posting restriction all day.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Had to log out and back in but able to post now
  16. kookoo Augur

same , finally...................................................
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

18. Dyrthesis New Member

Just got in /cheers
    OldCa61 and Niskin like this.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

20. Dyrthesis New Member

all my accounts are in now, login server back up and running
    Niskin likes this.