Logging in

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by feeltheburn, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

I think this is from their discord server (this popped up on a guild server I am on):
    [ALERT] The ops team is aware of the issue players are experiencing with the log in server. This is separate from the ongoing commerce maintenance and is being investigated.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

This was a separate problem from the other day. That issue was solved.

In regards to the current one it's being worked on as we speak.
  3. Whoops Augur

Thanks much! Now I can stop wondering if I'm completely senile and berating myself for not changing my password beforehand, since I knew the maintenance was coming lol.
    dreamweaver likes this.
  4. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    @dreamweaver, I hope you realize that this have been going on for 8 hours now. I understand you were sleeping, etc. But that's too much time for an international game that offers service to other parts of the world besides the US. I won't bother asking for a compensation but making sure you check the triggers and alarms for this being monitored sooner on the future would be enough.
    Good luck.
    Herf, Osteo.Bonegirl, Leerah and 2 others like this.
  5. dreamweaver Community Manager

Hi Zipe, I understand the frustration, thank you for the feedback, I will definitely pass that along to the team.
    Skuz and Fenthen like this.
  6. HicksAradune Augur

Any chance an ETA? So i can organise the guild for stuff this evening

Also, Unban hicks from Discord!
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Banning on Discord is the new 2012-2014 forum banning, happens without reason or warning it seems.

Having any sort of ETA on getting the login server functional would be a pretty solid thing to do after 6 hours, methinks.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

It happens with both reason and warning. Especially in the case of the person above you.
    German, Duder and Karreck like this.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Better idea: Ban Hicks from the boards, too. C'mon, Hicks, you can do it!
    Duder, Karreck and Zcerneboch like this.
  10. Protagonist Tank

If you're not regularly forum banned, you're not really playing EQ.
    Leerah, Zcerneboch and Fenthen like this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

I mean, technically not many of us are playing EQ right now. Does that count?
  12. w4rble New Member

Login server down for me too. I get a timeout error.
    Zcerneboch, Numzan and Fenthen like this.
  13. Protagonist Tank

That's why we're posting here - we're not playing EQ, and thus not forum banned. The original statement checks out.
    Herf and Zcerneboch like this.
  14. Laeadern Elder

Well im officially bored.
    Drexlin likes this.
  15. Kase Augur

Umm not new at all... I do plan accordingly and like the bulletin said, intermittent log in issues not numerous hours straight. And I do log off when Im done playing otherwise computer will not sleep properly--at least mine doesnt.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  16. Darkrok42 Apprentice

Honest question - how do you keep your character logged in while not playing without breaking the Terms of Service? I'd love to stay logged in but can't find any way that doesn't violate the ToS but maybe I'm missing something.
  17. Sissruukk Rogue One

When I keep mine logged in I am always in the guild hall.
  18. Darkrok42 Apprentice

Ahh, any way to do this pre-guild hall on a TLP?
  19. Sissruukk Rogue One

Hrm, somewhere in a start city perhaps? I would assume you don't have PoK yet?
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

lets get back on topic .. why cant I log my 12 accounts in .. ?? this was not suppose to happen .. I do not run patcher unless its a patch day .. but I keep getting a timeout error .. COMON dev's .. get with the program this is Unacceptable ..

This effects me :
    I cant log in my 12 accounts to update overseer ..

I cant log in my trader accounts (which are paid) to restock trader or update prices cause you know the bot baz armies have auto priced there stuff ..

I cant log in my group to grind xp on my 3 active main accounts (not including my traders)

I cant chat with my guild or do guild activities or help guildies ..

I cant TS ..

this is not acceptable .. I do want compensation how bout a bonus xp week .. or drop a few XP pots in my /claim and i'll keep it on the DL ..
    blogget and Shiv like this.