TLP 2021

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Skuz, May 29, 2020.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Don't diss LoY. LoY is one of the best expacs in the history of the game. It's so good that pretty much every feature of it is just base game now.
  2. NinjutsuMMO Augur

PVP 2021
    oogey likes this.
  3. oogey New Member

Are they going to make a TLP PVP server one of these days or what? I know a lot of people on blue servers been waiting years for one even more who left the game but would come back for it.
  4. TheRedBandit Elder

Probably not. I think launching and maintaining a server is more expensive than ~32 subs would pay for.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I'm not likely to start on a new TLP server at any point in the future, having enough to do on Agnarr and Live. With that said, the 51/50 concept with something like a GoD start does interest me. I never played on any of the servers with that ruleset.

The thing is that I can start any classic TLP and enjoy the first week, but then I fall way behind and miss the launch of the other expansions with a level appropriate character. With a 51/50 concept I could re-experience Kunark/Velious/Luclin/PoP on day one, grouping in Karnors or Sebilis, the Planes, Velk's, or whatever. I still wouldn't be able to keep up, but I'd at least be interested in checking out the launch.
  6. Arctodus Elder

My number one issue with EQ is catching back up with your guild or in most cases not to have to solo by yourself. I believe a fix to this issue is to allow all class/race restrictions to be active at the launch of a TLP server. This would decrease some folks like myself to drop their main at the launch of Luclin to play their favorite main in this case a BST. Causing me to rely on the goodwill of friends to PL me or as what I am doing right now toughing it out and soloing most of it. Another issue this causes is being behind on AAs for PoP. For those who enjoyed playing a Berserker it is even more of an issue.

By the time GoD rolls out a large portion of the population has moved on or are so far out of reach you will never catch up. The catch up mechanics in EQ are really bad. I think they should increase overall XP gains to help improve the leveling experience. This could help the lower level population because people do play alts.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, as a Berserker who only started playing on Phinigel when GoD unlocked I have to say that catching up is definitely possible.

But you will need friends or you will need to 2 or 3 box.