I actually don't understand the mindset of people sitting in 4 hour queues day after day.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hinastorm86, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Hinastorm86 Augur

Like, I get that you like the game and want to play, but what the hell. There is literally nothing I would go through this queue process for. Especially the apparently common crashes that result in you back in the full duration queue. That is bonkers insane.

What is it really? Fear of missing out? I'd like to understand this better.

If I wanted to play on Ara, I would be playing other games or other servers till this crap blows over. Just baffling.
    Fortano likes this.
  2. Mercanyin Augur

I don't sit in the Queue for 4 hours. My computer sits in it for 4 hours. I leave and go do something else.
    Dyzalot likes this.
  3. Hinastorm86 Augur

Then you crash and have to do it again, lol.

How are any raids happening on Aradune? Are they even happening?

Also the one time I sat in the Ara queue, it said like 1.5 hours, I forgot about it and came back at like 3 hours, still at the server select not logged in. I hit log in and got in instantly. The queue makes no sense.
  4. Machen New Member

In fairness, no queues at all on Rizlona, but Aradune beat every encounter there is at least a week before us. Pretty sure there are some raids happening there.
  5. Mercanyin Augur

That has not been my experience. Friday I logged on and got into the Queue. I left and went to costco, washed my truck, did two loads of laundry and cooked. Sat down at my computer and was sitting in character select.

The other thing is remote desktop into my computer from work. Log in and get in the Queue and by the time I get home its sitting in Character Select.
    Pikles likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Will the patch tomorrow just be viewed by some as an extra long queue?
    Fortano and KimchiGoddess like this.
  7. Mercanyin Augur

I'll be sure to remote in for that too.
    Goburs likes this.
  8. Dyzalot Augur

I've rewatched the entire last two seasons of The Wire while in queues. Also have all my planar gear except BP, boots and one bracer. Yes, raids are happening.
  9. Twixi New Member

I just turn the volume up a bit and put the old baby monitor near the speaker and go do other things. Once character select turns on I get an alert on my phone.
  10. Velerin Journeyman

What people don’t realize and why saying “go play on server X or wait till it dies down and come back” makes no sense, is a huge draw for these TLPs is just being a brand new server, no economy, people in cloth etc.
    That all ends in ~2 weeks, gets more top heavy, twinks running around, etc. then it goes back to being a regular server. It’s a fun time when you’re excited to get a piece of ringmail to drop that you need. By the time this server gets to normal that will be long gone and those people wait for the next new server.
  11. Tewts New Member

We want access to what were paying for, whats not too understand? Currently the only way to play everquest is to be unemployed or disabled. Its beyond absurd.
  12. Duality Augur

Ever wait in line at a theme park?
  13. Sniggz Elder

It's honestly pretty simple... If I'm planning to play at 5:00, I just login and join the queue at 1:00. Ends up being the same outcome as logging in at 5:00 when there is no queue.

I'm currently working from home, so I can just login directly, but I've played plenty of MMO's with long queues and have historically just used Team Viewer to log in from my phone. It's really not magic, rocket science, brain surgery, or anything complex.

It's been a bit of a hassle on occasion, but really hasn't slowed me down much at all. Regarding DC's, I can't recall disconnecting once, outside of the 1-2 days that they removed the queue and everything became a lag fest show.
  14. Gio1999 Augur

Well the whole meme about it sucking to level up melee without good gear is complete nonsense. That knowledge was pretty priceless. Can only really find that out if you have to find it out.
  15. DonkOPP New Member

This isn't the first and it won't be the last game I wait in a queue to play. When I played WoW Classic I waited in a similar queue. It's about picking a server for you and your friends and if you have to wait so be it.
  16. Firesyde424 Journeyman

This.

I don't sit at my computer staring at the server select screen for 4 hours. The last week or so, I've been playing back through the Mass Effect series while I wait to log in.
  17. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

My wife is doing online classes from home while I’m at work. So I text her a few hours before I get off work and ask her to queue me up. I’m usually loading into the game within a few minutes of coming home.
  18. Kahna Augur

I haven't crashed yet unless I was in the Commonlands. I have managed to level to 50, and raid. Not like you need a full raid to kill things, and the crashing is not as bad as folks make it out to be on these forums.

I am curious why you keep hating on Aradune when it doesn't effect you at all. Go on living your best life on Rizlona.
  19. Mossaa Augur

So you do not care about Aradune and you do not log in, but still you know that the server kick you if you sit in the queue to long without sitting near PC. And you have only logged in one time and it did not kick you even if you where 1.5 hours late.

Just play your other games and let the ones that want to play Aradune do it

-Mossaa
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

And maybe thats why DBG doesn't spin up another server, because they know a large chunk will leave once enough get to 50. If thats 2 weeks on a normal server release then with the issues Aradune has it will hit that point sometime in the next week or so?
    Thalliius likes this.