How many have unsubbed due to Aradune issues?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Bittin Darear New Member

This statement is complete rubbish. I charged back an account I no longer cared about and my other 3 are just fine and am able to play on same ip from same computer.
    Niwanif likes this.
  2. Seraphis New Member

I unsubbed today. I'll be one less you have to worry about in the queue.

The appeal to these servers for me is being part of the initial level playing field. Now when you finally get beyond the queue in the evenings there are people powerleveling without regard for their trains, groups with multiple out of group clerics/mages/druids, boxes farming spots, etc..

It's already not the experience I wanted to be a part of. These things are all normal and should be expected which is fine. I'm ok with these things going on, but I can be a part of this on any other server.
    Niwanif likes this.
  3. Vlahkmaak Augur

I unsubbed two accounts. Unsubbing sends a fiscal message that the customer is not happy with the product whereas keeping the sub active, with the intent to unsub, does not let the bean counter know there is an issue. They cannot really quantify active unhappy as easily as deactivated accounts. I plan on waiting to see how they fix the problem before renewing. I was really hoping to ride this server out for at least the next year or until Ashes of Creation is live at which point I would switch one of my accounts over to that game to try it out.
    Malachi likes this.
  4. Laronk Augur

I haven't unsubbed (currently I use krono to top off and the account has like 5 days left) BUT I also haven't been loggin in because the queue. When I did get in I had some issues, I kinda regret buying a bag. I might not turn my account back to gold after the current krono wears off though.
  5. Zapford Elder

This one has a month, then I cancel the recurring 3mo sub. Unfortunately I was an idiot who believed DPG could do this TLP right, and opened a second account with a year prepaid.

They got my money, but after 20+ years I'm done. Diablo 4 can't come soon enough.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

You overestimate EQ players' ability to quit cold turkey.
  7. Pawtato Augur

So, so true that's why EQ has such great player retention numbers? So many servers just filled to the brim with players.
  8. Tucoh Augur

KimchiGoddess and Pawtato like this.
  9. Dtizka New Member

I did. First time I've ever unsubbed for techical stuff.

Literally can never play cuz im in Q and dont have hours upon hours to wait to play every time. If I cant play whats the point in paying?
  10. Name2 Augur

11. Sikkun Augur

There are enough TLP players to have 1 full server (newest at classic), 1-2 others at high, and yet a couple more still with raiding guilds. This has been pretty true for awhile and servers have been pretty crappy for awhile. (This time you have a queue instead of daily crashes and rollbacks).

So their retention seems pretty decent with known poor service.
  12. Pawtato Augur

Your standard for retention is a handful of servers?
  13. TheInquisitor Old Timer

While I was tempted by Rizlona I decided to jump on EQ2's Kaladim TLP for giggles. I think once the 1st month of subs expire on Aradune it'll lighten the load some.
  14. Sikkun Augur

How many servers do you need? They keep making expansions and releasing new servers....which means they retain enough players to make money. There is no shortage of shut down MMOs that didn’t retain enough players.
  15. Pawtato Augur

ToV is an expansion the same way that LoY was an expansion, but without the important game features.
  16. Darkoon Journeyman

Raises hand....
    I came back from a 2year break, specifically to play on TLP(Aradune).
    Been able to play 3 or 4 times.... but its gotten worse with the AFK'ers.
    Queue time early in the day now.
    Unsubbed...
  17. trashmemes Lorekeeper

I unsubbed. This launch has been worse than Coirnav, Phinigel and Agnarr. It is as though DBG is becoming less competent over time.
  18. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

Actually, it will be the 27th of June. That will be the 31st day after launch. Remember, May was a 31 day month.

I figure a LOT of M2M people that decided to get their toes wet and see how Aradune was going to go will drop to the wayside, because DPW has their heads planted FIRMLY up their posterior cavity and cant seem to figure it out.
  19. Neemo1983 Journeyman

Yeah unsubbed both accounts . Came back and got bags etc to play classic after only playing coirnav briefly from velious.

Getting harder to log on and cant see how ever raiding will work in current state.

Il keep trying because i love EQ but i have about a week then someone in guild will be a few k richer and il be doing something else.
  20. MisanthropicApe New Member

Yup I am absolutely done with this game and company. Wish I stopped payments after the joke of a launch date but gave them the benefit of the doubt. Big mistake.