Unacceptable performance to warrant a sub

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tarelak_Ya_Boy, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

If it was that obvious from a financial point of view don't you think they would have?
  2. nagash101 Augur

259min now. But the math on the timer and the actual time aren't even close.
    "259 min EQ Queue time" = "6.459 hours of actual time or 387.36 min".
    [IMG]
  3. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't think the bags are available with station cash.

Honestly the bag offerings are a joke this time around, I bought them on Mangler and I got the second one with one 40 slot 100% WR and 2 20 slot 50% WR plus the potions and thought it was a good deal. I ended up buying it on a second account some months later. I took a look at the bags this time around and there's no way I'm buying it. Same price for just one 40 slot and the potions, no other bags. No thank you.
  4. nagash101 Augur

DBG/DPGs after all the Bags sales have been processed on Aradune.
    [IMG]
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. Verrent New Member

I could not agree with you more. I have two accounts as well and the fact that this game is requiring people to wait 4+ hrs to get in is absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! I just got kicked out of a queue I've been sitting in for over 4 hours! The reason: because my "connection was Idle" for too long. Well no ! I've been sitting in this God damn queue, that's why. I played this game shortly after it was released back in 1999 and I never (outside of scheduled maintenance) waited more than an hour to get in. The fact that the people in charge haven't pushed another Aradune-style server to relieve the God awful queue time is beyond me and almost makes me suspicious as to why they haven't. I guess if you can withhold your subscribers from getting their fix and drag it out by making them wait in these ridiculous queue times then maybe they'll pay for another month's sub. Hmmm I wonder???? It's almost as if you people (the people running this sh*t show) enjoy pissing your subscribers off. You know what you have to do to make us happy and yet you fail at every turn. The funniest is thing is, this game has been out for over 20 years and we are STILL dealing with same BS that we dealt with in the past, over and over. I mean, how hard is it to recognize that you have a HUGE problem at Aradune and yet you leave no message to anyone on how your going to fix the issue. Here's a solution: MAKE ANOTHER GOD DAMN ARADUNE SERVER. It's that simple. I will gladly start all over on another Aradune-style server if you would; for the love of God; make another server so I can play a 20 year old game.
  6. Dyzalot Augur

You sure about that? I have heard that the picks actually add instability to the TLP's because the older zones aren't optimized for picks. I thought it was just to alleviate over crowding in certain zones.
    Xoner likes this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The pick zone system was specifically created for TLPs.

It was first instituted in newbie zones on one of the earlier TLPs (I want to say Fippy), when they were having gfay and other newbie zones constantly crash.

It was slowly rolled out later to every other zone.
  8. Kenderix Lorekeeper

I have played Mangler more this month than Aradune by a good 10:1 ratio and it wasn't the server I had planned on levelling on at all.

Although it was good playing EQ for a while - the experience on the two servers is completely different - one you group with people your level and you get to grow with the people you play with, the other you just solo whilst having to beg in PoK for newbie buffs every hour or so.

Not what I had planned to spend my evenings doing when I first heard about the Aradune server.

So, I voted with my feet; cancelled my sub and will take my business elsewhere to a company that actually values its customers.
  9. TheTone Elder

Sames here. Dropped my two accounts. Might consider coming back for the next tlp but I doubt it. We'll see if the patch tomorrow does some magic.
  10. davnegsep Journeyman

What a disaster of a game Everquest have become. This game is unplayable anymore. Now I have 1 hour in queue in new progression servers for when I finally get in, I play for 15 minutes, then game crashes and I get kicked from server. When I try to get in , 4 hours in queue again. In simple words, the game is unplayable... is just a waste of money.
  11. KimchiGoddess Augur

OKAY, THANKS.
    Kenderix likes this.
  12. Kenderix Lorekeeper

I've only had problems getting past the queue itself. If I've ever got in, my game has been fairly stable. However, I did find it completely ironic that the time i did crash, i got the message saying I still have a character in the game world that needed to be logged out first.

I clicked Yes, it logged my char out and then said there was a 220 min queue :(
  13. Jrome New Member

No one wants to play on those servers, which is why Aradune has a 4 queue. Duh

14. Dyzalot Augur

Yes I'm aware of that. But I think I've seen it reported that older zones will animate every mob in a zone or pick regardless of whether someone is there to see it while newer ones are optimized to only animate when it would be seen by a player. Also I think the devs have said that the more picks generated, the more resources used by the server. So while it was instituted for the older zones, you could probably apply it to newer ones more generously without crashing the server.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Do you want to play EQ or A Queue? I know why Aradune has a 4 hour line, the choice is up to you which is preferable, the second choice but still EQ now or the first choice eventually. Spoiler, even if you choose to play your second choice now instead of waste your night in queue, you can always go back when the queue goes away and not be any further behind then you'd be if you had just stared at the countdown instead.
  16. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I have 2 questions for you:

1. Do you have any plans for your stuff?

2. If you don’t, can I have it?
  17. KimchiGoddess Augur

I don't begrudge anyone doing a chargeback because of this failure of a server launch ... just make sure you're okay with any accounts associated with your IP being banned for good. Not sure if you spun up new ones or if you're using something with years worth of veteran rewards.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nobody does, it sucks to be stuck waiting to play & it will get better.

Just know that if you do a chargeback you will be banned from the game on all of your accounts & if I understand things correctly that will be a permanent ban too.
  19. Mezrah Augur

The pick system was introduced in 2015 after the launch of the Ragefire TLP server to try to alleviate the issues it was experiencing. Despite that change, they were forced to open up the Lockjaw server a week or so after Ragefire launched.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hindsight is perfect, not that anyone needs hindsight to understand that is how these TLP servers should have been configured. Even with all the refugees from Aradune, Riz is not even close to capacity. Two servers with identical rule-sets named Aradune and Mithara would have been a more fitting tribute to Brad.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.