No boxers on Aradune for now!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Deathcomestoall, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

I mean when people act like whiny brats and use false arguments to support their skewed positions, one can only expect so much friendliness in response.
    That0neguy, KimchiGoddess and Dythan like this.
  2. Arog Augur

We could ask the community as a whole to help by choosing not to box for just the short term and not to go AFK to help with the exaggerated queue. That would be nice. But from what I have seen this will never happen.
  3. Dyzalot Augur

Also kind of hard to "ask the community" when 95% of the community will never see it. Most people playing EQ are not reading or posting on these forums.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

A noble idea that would never work. If they removed the ability to 2 box then all the forum posts about being in queue when they paid specifically and only to play Aradune would be replaced by posts about not being able to play the 2 boxes they were promised and they reason they paid specifically and only for Aradune. Its no win.
  5. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

They can still get one character in better then nothing.... What is better for everyone allowing people to box now but have 1000s of people in Que or telling boxers we are sorry we will not let you login 2 accounts tell the population drops off so other people that paid can play as well? Lesser of two evils

Lets face it i would be shocked if they opened another server really would be.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Neither option is better for EVERYONE. The queue but allowing you to continue to 2 box is better for the people who can get in. No queue and forcing single box is better for the people who single box. If they tried to even pause the 2 box rule on Aradune you know (please tell me you know) that a whole new group of people would be flaming in the forums instead.
  7. Arog Augur

I did say it will never happen.

True because they never log off.

But then we would never have to read their flaming post. :)
  8. Megazen Elder

Or, deliver service to paying customers.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Haha good point
  10. Thalliius Augur

yea that would be illegal, they cant scan your systems for other applications and monitor your network traffic without breaking the law
  11. Thalliius Augur

Problem is they have to catch them afk using tells, and the botters have scripts etc now that send them an emergency alert right to their cell phone.. they can even reply to the GM on their phone while on vacation in Tahiti, 6000 miles from their PC if they want to

Also, its a love/hate relationship with them im sure since those botters significantly increase krono sales
  12. Name2 Augur

Doesn't WoW do exactly this? Wouldn't it only be illegal if you didn't accept those terms? How are they detecting innerspace and disconnecting on truebox servers if not monitoring for the program?
  13. Febb Augur

How do you think they check if you are running a VM?
  14. Gio1999 Augur

Agreements can't be set up to defraud or mislead a customer. This gets tossed out in court pretty quick. Also these kinds of agreements are NOT legally binding.
  15. Gio1999 Augur

Have you seen any of these 6 boxers? I've grinded through the Hole/Sol B a lot to get both my characters to 50 and I haven't run into a 6 boxer.

And I'm one of those hyper vigilant people too... the only guy I suspected of it in the hole was likely just 3 bad 2 boxers as I don't think a 6 boxer would be using a rogue.
  16. Machen New Member

It would also help if all the single character players were not allowed to log in. See how that works?
  17. Raisehell Lorekeeper

Boxers are a minor issue. What we mostly have is autoclickers and people binding level 1 chars underwater. Go through, ban every single one, and watch how fast this Q clears up
  18. Deathcomestoall Lorekeeper

i am asking someone right now if binding somewhere so you char dies over and over again breaks any rules do not think it does tho lol
  19. KimchiGoddess Augur

FTFY.
    Dyzalot likes this.
  20. KimchiGoddess Augur

1000s of people in queue is probably reaching. We don't know the numbers but I'd guess more in the hundreds, and probably low hundreds at that.