overseer quest changes!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cacky, May 21, 2020.

1. Mazame Augur

What adds to this problem is now with the 10 quest cap it can mess up your whole cycle. For example I had a quest vanish right before turn over. so rather then getting my 10 quest complete in the 1st cycle I only got 9/10. sure enough the next cycle it came back but it blocked me from get my new 10 quest complete because it take one of the completed slots.
    Shaantara likes this.
  2. Cacky Elder

Overall I'm disappointed that after a couple patches, overseer is still eating tasks and (sometimes/always?) giving them back later, and the user interface is still tedious. The latest patch notes said it was made easier to use, but I don't see it.

One thing I have noticed, and this isn't a gripe or a question, just an observation, is that it used to seem best to keep 1 of each agent and work your way up slowly to rares and elites. Since there is no longer a requirement to keep all levels of rarity (with the change to recruit and recovery quests), and since now most/all of the recruit quests I get are level 5 and seem designed with specific elite agent(s) in mind, I am changing my strategy and working from the top down: Later today I will combine every agent I have to get all the elites I can, and only after I fill them out, will I start working on rares, and so on. Maybe then I won't feel like I need to take recruit tasks at 70% success chance.
  3. Mazame Augur

I did that one one of my account it a long rebuild so I wish you the best of luck. Of the 3 accounts I done it took the longest to complete my agent list by sacking them and working top down. Working bottom up feel slow but has had better results in the long run.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is something weird going on with the resetting of completed quest counts on a rotation, 1 of my accounts didn't get its reset when the quests rotated.

I'm also not seeing any elite quests anymore, I've been getting common and uncommon and I've seen 1 or 2 rares but no elites.

I'm nearing max agents, and stats are higher than before the patch so I would expect to see more elite quests not less.

I'm also being overrun with agents and finding I need to do conversions every rotation now, rather than once a day.
  5. Indian New Member

FYI, conversion quests Do count toward your daily cap.
    I have converted common to uncommon twice on the same day and my count went to 7 /10.
    The next day on a different account I converted common to uncommon and uncommon to rare and when finished, my count was 7 / 10.
  6. Mazame Augur

it is a bug / it has been reported.
  7. Mazame Augur

having done over 50 I never had them count
  8. Hegsheoshed Augur

....and the servers have gone down again for the second time today. On several of my accounts Overseer is already at 10/10 after logging in after the first downtime earlier today. Not sure I can handle that my Overseer Rotation has moved from 9 AM/9 PM to 11 AM/11PM to 1PM/1AM. I had my sleep schedule fixed and was getting up early before 9AM and now I am all out of sync. You get older and you realize how important your circadian rhythm is. They need to let everyone set a rotation time that is healthy for them first and foremost.
    Sokki and Thunderkiks like this.
  9. Jiggs Elder

Perhaps these server crashes are somehow tied to Overseer cap timers being all messed up.

Here is what happens to me (can reproduce every time) ever since they put in the cap on quests:

Start with zero quests open and zero quests started. (0/5 and 0/10)
    Select 5 quests and it shows (as it should) 5/5 and 0/10.
    Zone.. does not matter what zone ... just that my character zoned.
    Now it shows 5/5 and 10/10

The result is I start 5 quests (let's say 9 a.m. just after quests rotated). Zone. Now I cannot complete ANY quests until after it rotates again after 9 p.m. because I am 10/10

This happens every time since the initial patch that put the cap in.

Even if I wanted to pay DB cash to end a quest early I can't (cuz I am always at 10/10). So they are losing out on that revenue stream.

In addition, from a user standpoint, I can only do 5 quests every 24 hours instead of the 20. (which is not even close to what the patch notes said)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  10. Mazame Augur

For those that are having a hard time with Overseer I am sorry. As I said I would I started a new account.

Day 1 Started 10:45 pm
    Agent count 2 uncommon 8 common

Quest Rareness Success
    Recruitment Common 89%
    Crafting uncommon 80%
    Trade uncommon 82%
    Diplomacy uncommon 82%
    Military Common 83%
    Avg 83%
    Day 2
    Agent count 2 uncommon 12 common
    Recruitment Common 90%
    Crafting Common 83%
    Harvesting Common 87%
    Stealth Common 85%
    Military Common 87%
    Military Elite 74%
    Diplomacy Rare 81%
    Trade Uncommon 85%
    Trade Common 91%
    Stealth Common 80%
    Avg 84%
    Day 3
    Agent count 2 uncommon 16 common
    Harvesting Uncommon 80%
    Harvesting Common 87%
    Crafting Common 86%
    Recovery Common 90%
    Military Common 88%
    Recruitment Common 90%
    Military Common 88%
    Harvesting Common 88%
    Crafting Common 83%
    Research uncommon 84%
    Trade Common 92%
    Exploration Common 85%
    trade Uncommon 85%
    Harvesting Common 87%
    Trade Common 85%
    Military Common 88%
    Avg 87%
    Day 4
    Agent count 2 uncommon 21 common
    Recruitment Common 90%
    Harvesting Common 88%
    Harvesting Common 91%
    Crafting Common 86%
    Stealth Common 88%
    Harvesting Uncommon 80%
    Crafting Common 85%
    Trade Common 91%
    Recruitment Common 89%
    Conversion Com - Uncom 100%
    Crafting Uncommon 86%
    Harvesting Common 92%
    Crafting Common 85%
    AVG 88%
    Day 4
    Agent count 3 uncommon 25 common
    Military Common 90%
    Harvesting Common 88%
    Stealth uncommon 89%
    Diplomacy Common 92%
    Exploration Common 88%
    Recruitment Common 95%
    Crafting Common 92%
    Recruitment Common 89%
    Crafting Common 88%
    Crafting Common 88%
    Harvesting Common 92%
    Conversion Com - Uncom 100%
    AVG 90%
    Day 5
    Agent count 4 uncommon 29 common
    Harvesting Common 88%
    Harvesting Common 92%
    Harvesting Rare 82%
    Harvesting Uncommon 80%
    Recruitment Common 90%
    AVG 89%

The 5th day is a little messed up because the servers were down most of the day.

However I did see a pattern of my Avg % was going up each day as I got more agents.

My agent count for each day was all so improving over time.

The only 70% quest I did was because it was an elite quest and I did it more just to see if I could do an elite quest from the start.

I think what many people are having trouble with is the fact they level up on the old system where agents were harder to come by and now are in a spot where they don't have the agents to match the quests.

For those that have held off on starting I feel that the agents vs XP is more in line with what you will need and when you get to the higher level you will have the agents you need.