Aradune and Rizlona Launch Time!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, May 21, 2020.

1. Barton The Mischievous

@Windgrace
    It is wrong to assume that.
    Aradune is a Truebox server.

The Aradune Truebox Dedicated Progression and Rizlona Boxed Dedicated Progression servers
    https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-rizlona-aradune-progression-server-launch-2020

The rules for a Truebox server are that you can only play one account per computer.
    Q: What is a True Box Progression Server?
    This is a server where each player will only be able to play one EverQuest account from his or her computer at a time. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts.
    https://www.everquest.com/guides/eq-what-is-a-progression-server
  2. Elyee Lorekeeper

I'm at a loss here ... and since no one posted this question, I will:

Why do we need two more new servers? ...

Don't get me wrong, I like improvement when needed, but given the situation with the Server Merges recently (and all of them over the past years), all the problems and downtimes associated with merging, patching, starting, releasing, etc ... is there really a large enough population of people wanting to start over again, and are these two new servers really worth it all?
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You would be pleasantly surprised how busy TLP server are at launch. It's crazy, regardless of rule set. The Krono, XP pot, storage and hero's forge sales in the cash shop must be insane. I hope to your point we don't have all servers effected by lag with this launch, but these new TLP servers absolutely keep EQ going, revenue wise. Not enough revenue, no more EQ. :)
  4. phaeril Augur

Server merges for the first time in almost decade (other than vulak into fippy) is a good thing, and needed to be done (probably a long time ago, but better late than never) even if it had nothing to do with TLP. The number of people that start up on TLPs is so high that they could probably justify buying new hardware (they are clearly recycling the old server resources, or we'd see them already on the list also it just makes good financial sense) so I don't think of the server merges as being for TLP, as much as TLP benefiting from it too.

TLPs draw and maintain enough people that peak annoyance isn't even in the first week any more. Once the initial queue is gone the servers run smooth (more or less) until velious when they crash constantly because of all the people that like the in-era game. They are extremely popular.

Your framing of the question as "starting over again" also undercuts the serious number of people that are heading to these servers either from a long absence, or coming along for the first time with a buddy. That doesn't even include all the people that have done nothing but weekly plat farm time for a year+ now on Agnarr dying for a new server, or the people looking to come to an AoC server with boxing from Ragefire and Lockjaw. It's not always about "starting again" even though lots of us are just addicted to starting again.

I know general chat isn't exactly the best metric on relative server populations, but mangler was frequently rocking 3 general chat channels (800 to 1200 clients) in LDoN, with new servers on the way. My biggest concern is that they are going to leave servers to Fippy for too long. Those 800+ general chat connections look super huge next to the solitary person in general most of the time on Fippy, and I'm pretty sure it was just someone data mining.

Server merges needed to happen with or without TLPs, TLPs are great fun with a huge following and the only thing that even approaches advertising for EQ. We need them because people want them and will play on them.
  5. phaeril Augur

From a TLP players perspective, server expansions offer nothing consistent downtime and selling them to TLP players for the bags, do we need velious 2.0?

Of course, tons of people play them and they make the game money, they are good fun.

Downtime exists. We don't get to be the judge of the value proposition for thousands of players just because we don't get it
  6. Shamwiz New Member

Do you see problems like Mangler when it launched? Taking close to 3 hours to get in because of all the traffic? Just wondering if you put anything in place to help prevent this. If so, I'm taking off of work!
    Corydon Coles likes this.
  7. Coldlogix New Member

@dreamweaver Just curious if you have any idea if there will be an xp event similar to the one when Mangler launched last year. I know the current event ends today, but was just hoping crossing my fingers there would be something for Aradune. :) Thanks
  8. Keta New Member

Played Eq during the original launch up to luclin on Rallos Zek and Sullon Zek, miss those PvP days. Ended up playing a bit on EqMac and AK in a progression guild where I ended up boxing like 5 toons and got all their epics which was a whole different experience in itself. In the end I just got a new computer and heard about this so I will definitely be there with you all tomorrow!
  9. Corydon Coles Elder

NOT just... Mangler but all the restarts
    * I'm expecting the SAME - Master Guild and business associates, log in before everyone else. A couple days for log in on most people. I was there for several of the restarts. Several hours of can't log in ; THEN bed and more can't log in next day
    * "Bottle Neck," gets set up on all the good exp. /pickzone helps but does not solve issue
    * MAG boxes on all the $$$
  10. Corydon Coles Elder

And I did not see it...
    NO - RED restart?, another BLUE server great
    One of these servers... could have been RED
  11. Walterr New Member

Are these servers starting today? I do not see them on the server select screen even as locked.
  12. Kornfed New Member

Im giddy like a school girl
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

They won't be on there til a little while before the scheduled launch, 12 noon PST. They will be locked until close to that time. As of right now, nobody is in the office.
  14. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

I'm pretty confused about the bag situation and https://www.everquest.com/packs tells me I need to update my browser, no matter which browser I try to use.
  15. SonOfZeus New Member

I know. The confusion is that the quantity of potions are different and there is no indication that the packs stack, rather than just compliment the additional items. Its not clear verbiage.
  16. Rebelicious Augur

They updated the market and removed the celebration packls like they said. Only the ToV pack is up atm. After you upgrade your browser and you still get the upgrade notice to use the marketplace... you need to go into your browser settings and clear your cache. Then the new market will refresh and be useable.
  17. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

No, like I said before I tried in several browsers. Their marketplace website was just broken I think, but seems to be working now.

What I was trying to figure out, is the last time I started on Agnarr I was able to purchase a 40 slot bag to start with.

I couldn't find anything similar for Aradune, even now that the market page seems to be fixed. I guess they're just not selling it this time, which seems weird to me since they probably made a lot of money from them on Agnarr.
  18. Valcutio New Member

Yeah, all last night and this morning I had the same issue. I tried 4 different browsers and my phone. All fully updated and allowing cookies. No luck.
  19. Herf Augur

Sadly they didn't update the in game marketplace. The Bundles are now listed under "Bags" in the DB store in game. Of course if you click on them it trys to take you to the page on the website, which is gone. DayPaw continues to set, meet, and exceed new lower standards for performance.
  20. Rebelicious Augur

It was working exactly when I first posted it... so yes. Not sure anything is working anymore since clearly they had much bigger problems brewing in the background. My advice to you was sensible and worked for me... at the time of the post.