Efreeti Death Visage -> Old Spectre Model Illusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Nachti New Member

I'd love to have the old illusions back.

It strikes me to see this new Spectre pets and Demi Lich on TLPs. They just suck.
  2. Triconix Augur

I'll agree with spectre, even though the new one is pretty good as well.

However, the new skeleton is superior and PoP werewolf (click) is better than either the original or new werewolf. The original is just a different skinned kobold. It's really not that great. PoP werewolf > new werewolf > original werewolf.
    Nadisia likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I'm still waiting for my Original Spectre illusion!! There's an item with that illusion click available for free during Halloween events but it's Temporary and only has 1 charge :(
  4. GoneFission Augur

I prefer the old spectre to the new one, but so many of our pets now default to spectres.

I loved that few months that my EM gave me a death knight model before I out-leveled it. If we were to get more illusions, I’d prefer some skeleton variations. That could include some knights, or even a mini dracoliche. All those models are in-game. They don’t need to be created, just assigned.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Better yet, give us both illusions. An old and a new illusion button.
  6. Sheebea Augur

That quest to obtain the mask was tough! I helped a friend to get one and swore to never do that quest again. I had mine already. So many other issues per gameplay that need to be addressed. But hey, I keep plugging away at the game.
  7. Sheebea Augur

Edit: . tried to post a pic of the model selection screen in the Tool Option gear at the login screen. this could be used to select what graphic display ya would choose.
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I don't know how hard it would be to add the convert button to the illusion mask, but I think that would be a perfect solution. When it was first added to the game I don't think the Item Convert was implemented yet, but having the option to convert the item between the old model and the new model would rock!! An illusion item for the old model already exists so I wouldn't think it would be an issue to add, I'm just not sure how hard it would be to add the convert option.

Here's a link to the Halloween Item with the old model illusion: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=56467
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It is my long-held wish to bring back old spectre and skeleton models back for players and pets.

A Guide was able to morph one of the characters into the old skeleton a few years ago. The file is already around.

Could they also bring back alligator warders for troll beastlords?