Efreeti Death Visage -> Old Spectre Model Illusion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Dear EQ Team,

Could the Efreeti Death Visage's Spectre Illusion be changed from 'new' Spectre to the old world Spectre model? (The necromancer reward could be revamped from the Zombie pet illusion to old world Spectre).

[IMG]

[IMG]
    I am hopeful this is feasible since old spectre was a global model.

The change would revitalize interest in the old quest.

This proposal would follow in the spirit of the "heritage" updates (old models in old zones, heritage crates) and would be a cool lead up to 20th Anniversary.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

maybe a toggle to switch between the two versions or even a quest extension to obtain a second item although I don't know that I would love doing more puzzles to get another one.
  3. Yimin Augur

You can buy Necro pet illusion from Undertaker Schell in Blightfire Moors, in the trade outpost area. Loc = -17.80, 484.56, 29.58.

YiMin
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. gotwar Gotcharms

I logged in just to sign, upvote, like, vote for, and bump this request.

deybrakeplz, give us old spectre back via this illusion!
    Benito and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The new model spectre illusion really is the male Barbarian of illusions. It’s offensive to all the senses, and shouldn’t be allowed to exist.
    Jhenna_BB, Benito, Kobra and 2 others like this.
  6. Poppinfresh Elder

I think this mask should be left as is. Personally I think the old spectres were dreadful.

However, I can get on board with adding a trade-in NPC to switch this mask for one with the old illlusion to satiate those whose boats are floated by them.

Ditto for werewolf illusions. I'm playing EverQuest, not Rampage.
    Yimin likes this.
  7. Graves Elder

Oh great idea.

My EQ life will really be improved by continual vacuum cleaning noise and not being able to see if my pet has weapons equipped.
    Maedhros likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am merely suggesting an Opt-In for Old Sceptre through an update to 'Paza's Cursed Remains' (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=67303) and 'Efreeti Death Visage.' I am not suggesting defaulting all necro spectre pets to old model. Pet wailing was removed a few years ago. (I am fairly sure llusion and mount passive wailing was removed unless in combat or bard-casting or on Pridewing mount).
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Classic Spectre pet was KING back in the day.

Castable old Spectre via Efreeti Death Visage quest would be perfect to revive declining popularity in the necro class and appease possible upcoming DoT revamp.
  10. kizant Augur

It's funny how much better the original models look. Especially this one. It would be great to see the illusion changed.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yes!! An extension to the quest for a 2nd item or a turn in to swap the masks for one or the other are both awesome ideas. I've been wanting it to cast the classic Spectre since I first got it many many years ago!!
  12. Lesismoore New Member

Right on guys! I found this item on Zam but decided not to do the quest because I had no interest in appearing to be the new spectre model. +1
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Minor tweaking is a good strategy on slim resources. Instead of creating long. new quests, the devs can tweak old quests like Efreeti Death Visage with nostalgic illusions to make them appealing in the present again.
  14. Flatchy Court Jester

ah come on, its not like necros havent had different flavors of pets. I remember asking for zombie illusion years and years back for sk pet before they gave that to necros too. We have had to look at the same old pet forever and a day. Thank God for petamorph items even though it cant be anything special to our class.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If indeed the new expansion involves Efreetis, then I hope this quest could be updated to include the original spectre model. Maybe an extended quest or turn in NPC in the new expansion?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Hope classic Spectre, Skeleton, and Werewolf models can be utilized for 20th anniversary illusion items. Also, would love to see classic gypsies and madman illusions!

[IMG]
    Tygart likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personnal I'd love the Sleepers tomb Scectre illusion. :)
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am still holding out hope that Efreeti Death Visage will one day cast old school spectre illusion. :)

[IMG]
  19. Monkman Augur

There must be a dev out there that absolutely hates these models.

They probably started playing post Luclin.

Shame on them.

Old world skeleton / werewolf / spectre models bring me back fond memories of original EQ. I don’t understand why they haven’t decided to sell these illusions in the marketplace.
  20. Allayna Augur

^ Plays on a mac with all old models.