How do you feel about single account players?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by JPearcy83, May 8, 2020.

1. Elvenwench20 New Member

I've never boxed. I rarely sit around LFG either, I will go find and make a group. The idea that you have to box to play is ridiculous. You get what you give.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

I feel like there is room on each TLP for at least one "no box" guild, just need somebody to form it. Not going to pluck numbers out of my rear end but a significant portion of the player population play single chars and would probably like to guild and group with like minded people.

As for grouping, if you just sit around with LFG on you have no control over what you get, if you take the initiative and form the group you can stipulate no boxed chars, or to be less negative, stipulate single char players only.
  3. Machen New Member

Pretty sure that guild would be an exercise in frustration on Rizlona. Zero box is a hard sell there. "We won't make you sit your main for a cleric alt on raids" seems like a better baseline for a pro-boxing server.
  4. wade_watts Augur

Single account players are the scourge of TLP's. They quickly power to 50 at launch, then sit on all the cash camps with their friends so the lonely boxers don't have a chance to get loot other than to give it to the single account krono farmers... Same every TLP. Disappointing.

They usually train others, KS you in Oasis, etc. I wish DPG would do something about them.
  5. Kanuvan Elder

Classic > kunark is when being in a full group of players is rewarding and fun because everyone is weak and needs gear so they band together more and rely on each other, eventually you get to pop everyone is twinked and doesnt need anyone anymore and it becomes about just raiding and siting around waiting for batphones so this is when those single account players quit the game, i never have trouble geting groups and making plat during the first two expansions of eq1 but me and and most other players leave once the game turns into afk city waiting for raids

Its widely known what the best parts of eq1 is, why else would p99 end at velious, single account players love to jump from tlp to tlp when they are first released because that is when grouping is most popular and rewarding, single account levelers will go back to project 99 when the time is right then come back for new tlp and continue the cycle of grouping/leveling
  6. TLP Addict Augur

Must have missed the part where this thread was about Rizlona.

As if any non boxer cares about that dumpster fire waiting to happen
  7. TLP Addict Augur

Classic to Kunark is where you make krono by claiming NBG on anything your character can equip, then selling it in the tunnel as soon as the group breaks up.
  8. birisu Elder

Any group who doesn't need on everything droppable is doing it wrong.
    Arclyte likes this.
  9. TLP Addict Augur

I mean..I agree, but there's no shortage of people that want to do things differently and if you aren't in a static or guilded with people that understand this then you are stuck with some groups of "nostalgia" players that don't follow that philosophy.
  10. Tuskapoli New Member

I will be rejoining EQ as a single player for Aradune. My experience is old and dated. So, for me to make a group, I might not know what the best pulls or loot is so it would probably not be great. I am hoping that using a healing class I might be able to learn from those who have mastered the material. Otherwise, I will need to learn juggling, bartending, and acrobatics to entice people to group with me :p
  11. sumnayin Augur

Or you could
    Or you could just send tells to people asking if they want to start a group somewhere
    Tuskapoli likes this.