No Automated/Unintended Game-play.....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blackburrow23, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

Autoforage. Just trying to work out the replies to devs.

[IMG]
    Duder, Celephane and Andarriel like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

Lol, epic
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

So how do they intend to enforce all this? be like them trying to stop people from botting on live servers never gonna happen. Pretty sad how they keep coming up with the stupid tlp servers.

Andarriel
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

haha I love it!

Andarriel
  5. Wyndar Journeyman

Sweeping bans on anyone with a pecking bird apparatus in their household

#peckingbirdgate
    Vumad, svann, Duder and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Here is an idea to prevent 90% of the petitions for unatended gameplay:

Either disable "/pet attack mob_name" entirely for characters below level 61 (pet only assists if the caster is attacked, charmed pets included), or make it so pets will only answer to that command if the caster is already on the hate list of the target mob.

This will help avoid most of the "i am totally not afk, just watching tv and not reading chat" bots that fill up farmable zones in the early game.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I believe there are going to be dedicated GMs for the two new servers. Its pretty easy to notice when a script is running on a toon/s in combat situations. The lack of enforcement we see on live and TLP comes down to a lack of resources I think, not will on Dev's part.
  8. Zinth Augur

you sound pretty clueless... if the mage stands and gets hit, it bypasses your little "trick" since the pet will attack when caster is hit...

and the other thing... caster could just cast "flame burst" or whatever and then send pet when on agro list...

so what was it you wanted to change with your "disable pet attack on chars below lvl 61?
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I can do this in Plane of Fire without pets. It is easy to wipe out the whole of PoFire and other zones as a wizzy before repop.
    There need of needing to kill in low level zones for achievements and TS items gives low level chars a hard time, especially with their DPS kill race.

Which is worse wiping out the whole zone or killing a small portion of it?
    Vumad likes this.
  10. Ksenija Elder

As for everyone saying you don't know what the rule means....you know EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS

NO M---Q---2 / SHOWEQ

Quit trying to be a-s*s holes.
    Jumbur likes this.
  11. smash Augur

If you not at keyboard I will say many of things/if not all you write there is not legal. Only legal is really trader/buyer.

You say killing a bunch of level 5 gnolls in BB with a merc/pet is not comparable, actually it is, it dont matter if you kill a level 5 mob or level 110 with a merc, while afk.Both is kind of zone disruption, because a level 5 who is level 6 will not be able to kill things there, while you there.
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If you are active behind the keyboard, then your own sanity(or sleep deprivation) sets a limit for how long you can can do this. Furthermore: a low level char in the zone can simply ask you politely to share some of the spawns. Claiming a whole zone for yourself (and not sharing it when asked) can probably be categorized as "zone-disruption".

Botting/afk-killing, also negates "civil communication" as a solution to solve potential conflicts.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and smash like this.
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

In almost every zone, the range that a mercenary/pet AFK killer can cover is minuscule. Less than 5% the total spawns on the zone. That is far from zone disruption.

It’s extremely easy for that level 6 player to just move to the next room over in the dungeon and keep killing.

What is zone disruption is the players actively aggroing the entire zone, kiting it around lagging up the zone and then AEing it down.

Allowing players to AFK Merc is a much better solution for zone disruption and lag reduction, since those players are fixed in place and won’t be moving.
  14. smash Augur

Sure you can do that, it is easy, but only for a limited time, until you fall asleep for entire zone.

If however you do in a specifik point,using auto attack on pet/merc, and not at keyboard you doing something illegal.

If you clear entire zone and there some other people in and they ask you to stop it,because they cannot get kills, then you also doing things illegal, Zone disruption.

First thing will get you banned, second will likely get you a suspension.
    Both things are something I would report, and I would also contact your guild leader/officer, because both things is part of giving your guild a bad reputation.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Jumbur like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember moloing progression-quests in sarith at level 93, where some highlevel afk-boxer had parked his mercs/pets team on a instant respawning npc I had to kill for a quest. If I hadn't been a burst-dps class I would have had a genuine problem continuing my progression without asking for help... He was there for months...

People shouldn't have to require a group just to work around afk-players, imo.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  16. Liplip New Member

I dont normally post but i do have a question to all of you in the No Automated Software camp.

Do you realize how many subscribers would be lost if there was a hard rule on this?
    Like it or not EQ is a business. They are there to make money. Their goal is not to provide you a
    playground Customized to your needs. They are doing their best to balance their
    Bottom line financially and keep the player base happy.

You wont see a hard rule against the software you mentioned until Darkpaw is prepared
    To lose a significant percentage of their profit marginal
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

No, I don't.
    Do you?

Do you know have many subscribers they already lost for ignoring the problems?

I find it hard to believe that people would only play as long as they could cheat. Everquest is better than that...:)

They could just make a prison server(where cheats are allowed) especially for cheaters, if there are so many of them...
  18. That0neguy Augur

except DW said in discord that certain parts of M---Q---2 are ok if they "assist in boxing"
  19. Liplip New Member

I know there all alot of people who box but i dont have an exact number. What you call cheating is considered being self sufficient to others. The ability to complete content without having to wait to get a group.

I agree that there are those that set their “bots” up to farm and leave them unattended and that it is wrong. However, to label those types of people the same as those that are just antisocial and like playing alone is also wrong. Not everyone is the same as you. As long as those people are at their keyboards, leave them alone. I think Darkpaw realizes this fact and has taken this approach... so should you. Might save you some frustration
  20. Duder Augur

The people who are at their keyboards with the software playing characters that they don't know how to play otherwise is what bothers a lot of people too I think.