New server announcement feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Herf Augur

Just how many people out there do you really think there are who will pay to play on Aradune, who aren't already playing on Agnarr? Not very many. Aradune seems like it will be DOA.

The really sad thing here is that Darkpaw is, almost literally, telling us "Ok if you want to have us do our jobs and enforce our published rules, we'll do that, but only on these new servers, which you will now have to give us a lot of money in the form of bag packs, mounts, etc., if you want us to keep the server up and running."

This has to be a final money grab. You'll know for sure if they offer more "lifetime subscriptions."
    Foaming likes this.
  2. Karrbon_175 New Member

Feedback fast and simple:
    1. PoP lock is not a great idea.
    2. Mangler XP on both servers is not a great idea.
    3. 3 Month lock outs on both servers is not a great idea.
    4. The only problem people have had with boxing characters is when someone runs an entire raid and controls an entire zone. Having emphasis on this is not a great idea.

Solutions:
    1. If you are just that determined make ONE PoP lock server. Make the other have regular expansions every 2 months.(Selo is too fast for everyone)
    2. Mangler XP for the PoP lock, Selo for the other.
    3. 3 month lock out for PoP lock, 2 for the other.
    4. I really don't know what to tell you on this one.

Hopefully something gets changed. Otherwise I am sitting this round out. Best of luck DPG.
    Karango and ForumBoss like this.
  3. Machen New Member

So? It still had a very viable population after 3 years. Agnarr has near zero population after 3 years.
    Karango, Zinth, Foaming and 1 other person like this.
  4. Tripps New Member

Wow, I can’t think of a worse thing to do than POP lock. If they would make a boxing FV Rukeyser server it would be wildly popular. Why do they keep giving us crap? I won’t be bring the 12 accounts I was planning to this garbage.
    Karango and Foaming like this.
  5. Rcbauer Augur

FV is for RMT.
    /thread.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

People hate stats. But I agree with you Phinny was far more successful than Agnarr.

I'm perplexed on why both are locked. Couldn't they have just made an "option" to transfer during POP / LDON to Agnaar for anyone that wants to? o_O
    Skuz, Shagroth and Foaming like this.
  7. Arrk Augur

You needed extra time for this?

Agnarr long term is a dead server... but it is special in that some people enjoy that content.... fine the current server meets their needs.

To release 2 more servers to lock at that same time is just asking for failure...
    Karango, Skuz, Herf and 1 other person like this.
  8. enclee Augur

I just want to congratulate the overwhelming, passionate number of posters clamoring for another PoP/LDoN locked server. It really makes the FV ruleset crowd look minuscule by comparison.
    Karango, Xanathol, Zinth and 10 others like this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

The presence of GMs (if it works out) is a huge improvement. Then you guys ruin it by PoP locking the server.

I may still play, but my enthusiasm just took a big hit.
    Shagroth and Foaming like this.
  10. Arrk Augur

If they would just remove pop-lock... this set of server will make them so much money....

POP-Lock will ruin these servers and the profits made
    Karango, Foaming and sauron69 like this.
  11. Rage Lorekeeper

Rizlona should be unlocked. Aradune should run through til LDoN then allow free transfers to Rizlona for those that want to continue and merge with Agnarr for those that don't.
    Bullsnooze, Skuz, Shagroth and 2 others like this.
  12. sauron69 Lorekeeper

So the only reasoning I can understand for this decision was they dont want to keep paying 2 or w/e GM's past a certain point of the servers life and just decided to lock it to certain expansions instead. Which also doesnt make sense because even if its locked wouldnt they have to stay there anyway? Pls halp nothing about these servers make sense.
    Foaming likes this.
  13. Seripedus New Member

Not a fan of the PoP lock
  14. Fraggly Augur

Rules for Aradune sound great, roll it in to Agnarr and start it over for the people thirsting for the new TLP experience that don't like anything LDoN+ and just ghost out anyways. Krono generating machine that never ends.

Much confused as to why Rizlona is being locked though. :(

Dare i say they may as well just release a PvP server? I won't play on a pop locked server or a truebox rule server so... may as well have sated the PvP boys.
    Karango, Shagroth and Foaming like this.
  15. Arrk Augur

The problem is Agnarr is so dead... the backbone of most of the guilds there now is 6-12 boxers

When the population drops... you have to box to survive.... a 2 box server locked at pop is doomed to fail for both pop-lock and limited boxing as pop ages.
    Xanathol, Fraggly and Foaming like this.
  16. Daber's New Member

so the problem is this.
    If people think a vast majority of EQ enjoys playing a PoP locked server, you are all wrong. Agnarr lasted 3 maybe 4 months into pop before the entire server basically died to the point that there is almost no one there.
    The records have shown that people don't want to sit and play ldon's and pop forever. At least let people get oow for 2.0's and even then, it will die out fast once no one needs no gear.
    Really is no point of either server but to farm fast krono for boxing servers to pay for accounts or, RMT.
  17. Fraggly Augur

I completely agree with you, just suspecting they could use Aradune as their seasonal type of server. GM enforcement, limited boxing, when it locks dump to Agnarr after 2 months and start over in classic. That is what the truebox crowd is in love with anyways.

Yes, Aradune would technically be doomed to fail but when it does fail merge the chars to Agnarr and reset.

Rizlona lock makes no sense to me personally.

Edit: The point of Aradune is to reset forever IMO, making it so the massive amount of players that only want classic-PoP always have somewhere to be. Yes the server dies when it hits PoP like almost ever other TLP, then it starts over as a NEW TLP server w/ same rules.
  18. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Rizlona lock makes less than no sense. Lock the server at the point when population drops which makes boxing a requirement. It just killed so much of the excitement I had for an open boxing server.
    Karango, Shagroth and Fraggly like this.
  19. Ruination Elder

No one plays past Ldon anyways. Also if you wanna play past Pop then you have mangler. People qqin just to qq
  20. Excruciator_Test New Member

I think having both pop locked is very lame. One needs to not be (Rizlona). Its like they literally try to limit their releases to very specific crowds rather than try and get as many players as possible for as long as possible. You cant raid time and ldon for more than 6 months without starting to hate it instead of love it. Unless you are one of a very few number. Release another server that is unlocked or make one of these unlocked. Then you can appeal to more people and make more money.
    Foaming likes this.