This is beyond belief!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Runes, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Runes Augur

I get on Mangler after the shut down from the morning only to find out that I lost 8 levels. I started grinding again and got back to where I was at last night and the god damn server goes down again.

So once again I'm going to get another roll back to where I started and another batch of hours wasted.

What a joke of a tech team
    Brilhasti and Aiki like this.
  2. Zee_Rex Journeyman

Admittedly I don't know anything about IT/server stuff but it's mindblowing that a 21 year old game still has this much technical trouble. 13 hour maintenance? Why?
    Brilhasti likes this.
  3. Kittany Augur

Sounds like database issues. :(
    eepok likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Probably related to the planned merges is my best guess
  5. Dilf Augur

There was no roll back from last night. OP isn't being honest, despite the trainwreck going on with these servers today.
    Velicenda likes this.
  6. Velicenda New Member

I played up until ~2 hours before the 13 hour downtime. I played up until 60 seconds before the 3 hour downtime. I played until the servers crashed for the downtime earlier and had nothing roll back at all. Can't speak to this current crash/downtime, obviously, but yeah, OP is way exaggerating.
    Dilf likes this.
  7. Zee_Rex Journeyman

There was absolutely either a rollback or something wrong with the servers, I lost several hours worth of items and progress from last night and so have many others.
    Runes and timeflies like this.
  8. Corzaftw New Member

You gained 8 levels in 30ish minutes? Impressive

Of course you could just be lying.
  9. Runes Augur

You are either severely delusional or you work for DPG. I have the in game email that I can post when the servers come up that showed the time stamp around 1:00 am PST this morning and the screen shot of my reduced level, which was much lower when I got on at 1:00pm pst when the servers opened on Mangler a few hours ago.

There was definitely either a rollback or the server was not updating for hours last night and there was no way for the players to know because I logged out cleanly before the servers were disconnected.
    Zee_Rex likes this.
  10. fireworks Journeyman

They need to coach/redeploy/upskill/fire whoever they have making the call to shut these servers down without any warning in the middle of peak hours, resulting in hours+ of rollback. This has gone beyond absurd, and the quality slip has gotten only more stark as the company spends more time rebranding their name rather than pursuing even the illusion of stability.
  11. Runes Augur

Ya its called grinding in Paludual caverns and it was more than an hour and very easy to do, I should know as now it will be the 3rd time I am having to make up the levels within 24 hours.
    TheNewNewbie likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

This is what happens when you take your best technical person (JChan) and take her out of technical work and put her at the top of management. Hate to say I was right.
    Vicus likes this.
  13. Runes Augur

Yes there was, on Mangler at least. No exaggeration at all. As I said its either a rollback or the server was not saving for a few hours early this morning between 11:30pm-1:30am pst when I logged off.
  14. Fluid Augur

COVID19 bats=>Humans=>Game Servers
    Zee_Rex likes this.
  15. Runes Augur

You are wrong and there was either a rollback or a few hours where the server was not saving but I was still killing mobs and getting exp messages and looting items before logging, that were all lost when I got back in at 1:00pm PST and I was in a totally different place than where I logged off and it was not the succor point.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  16. devo123 New Member

I killed raster before the shutdown and I logged in to no idol... fml
  17. TheNewNewbie New Member

Im on your side .
  18. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

How did you get Jeff Dunham's puppet in your sig!
  19. Kengh New Member

Ouch that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
  20. crag79 Augur

You are at a low level. You made it sound like you redid levels 52-60 in 30 minutes. At least be truthful in the original post. You baited people and you know it.