Mangler True Box?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AWM89, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bullsnooze Augur

I don't think anyone is saying it wasn't possible.

The majority are counter-arguing the people defending these type of images coming from Mangler saying, 'you have no proof this guy doesn't have 33 laptops'.

Its definitely a far-fetched (or unlikely :)) argument coming from a very small base of cheaters.
  2. Xeris Augur

My guildmate was one of the professional power levelers... he was making ~4k per month average if I recall. Honestly... that's a livable wage. If this is a way that someone wants to make a living, more power to them frankly.
  3. KnightofTruth Journeyman

I personally know someone that made $5900 power leveling during classic in one month back in May of last year on Mangler. Very doable. That was his best month though.
  4. Gromden New Member

Yea. I'd never done it before and just wanted to get some xp and flags while waiting for the new PC to get delivered. Guess 1 box in a VM is an affront to DPG. Maybe I should box 20+ and sacrifice a goat to them every month to not be idiots.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes, abusing a game's economy and violating their terms to sell in game currency for money is fine, more power to them. If every one here did that we could all get rich!
  6. forum troll Elder

*hands you a tinfoil hat*
  7. Xeris Augur

I make no comment about game TOS or the game economy or whatever. Obviously if you do stuff like that you're taking risks, and that's on them to decide if it's worth taking. Shrug.
  8. Bot spotter Journeyman

The funny / sad part about this post is I can tell who it is and they might be the only or 1 of 2 legit 20+ boxers. Meanwhile you have 4-5 people running 36 bots warping and using macroq... weird how no manages to catch those other armies in screenshots... because they warp everywhere.

I've spent more than enough time looking at all the bots mangler has to offer... this is definitely not one of the issues. I've watched this specific person many many times. They seem as legit as one could playing that many toons. I've never seen this specific person ever afk a camp. Never seen his melee surround a mob all at once. Never witnessed his toons warping around. There's no obvious signs of programs where all the toons are buffing all at once or anything weird looking. The guy barely even logs on. He is definitely not someone I'm worried about hurting this game.

On the other hand, there are 4-5 36 bot crews that are clearly using programs and afking camps daily.

I've recorded all the crews on mangler so I know which ones are shady and which ones aren't. I think you have the right idea but your focus is on the wrong person/people.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Abusing the economy is the next tlp, no motm exploit incoming. Haha
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Perhaps you missed my point. Some are valid true-boxers. But if you see box armies, all acting in sync, there's a high chance it is a botter... AKA cheater.

I don't even know how to respond to that. Again, nonsense.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

:rolleyes:
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

They are absolutely funding those accounts with krono (my opinion). Also, at least in the past, these are people working a job. They aren't doing it for fun and enjoyment. Whether they are independent business people or just working an hourly job for someone else, at that level, it's still just a job. It's not a game to them.
  13. Darro New Member

20-30 is excessive no matter what equipment but you do realize you can get a bunch of 50-100 USD mobile desktops which are roughly the size of your cellphone and they run eq just fine? You'd need to figure out complicated monitor and mouse/keyboard setups that are either unwieldy or breaking EULA, though. Just saying it *is* possible in a legit way without the insane setup you're picturing in your head. You could fit all those mobile desktops on a single desk.
  14. Truebox New Member

15. Zeusdraco New Member

As being the owner of that bunch of toons, doing it legit is simple, bunch of little legit keypad wired with multiple hotkey , /tar follow x toons, attack on, ch rot hotkey.

15 cleric laptop with keypad on the left, main comp in the middle and at my right (21 laptop with keypad in front of the main comp ( middle ) for the dps) , very close to my right 6 laptop for debuffer, bard etc. My room is 6 feet by 6 or so and yes with aircooler. Electricity is way less than anyone as i live in Québec canada cheapest electricity bill in the world.

I use 4 diff IP to avoid being kicked out when i click too fast my hotkey and i used to show multiple time GM that i could sit, jump any toons at the time they actualy asked me to. Been awhile i didnt see one lurk on the game now.

If you can box 6 fine, you can then box 12, 18, 24, 40, 50 , you will notice your skill at clicking increase very fast.

To answer some questions right away:

1. Are you nuts ? dump?, stupid? No i am not it was a challenge and those knowing me ingame know that i had hard time to find time to play with my real job which you can get is owner of a big computer store lol.

2. How do i pay for that much account? krono are easy to get when killing everything ingame or almost.

3. Was i a fucktard or pissing players around ? i doupt coz its the first time my toons are pointed out and i always been helpfull, poping dz for players if i was around etc..

4. Did i did this for a living ? no lol i wouldnt trade my main job to play 16h a day to make quarter of it.

5. Why then did i played that much ? Simply coz i had a blast doing this, boxing VT is fun ( bit trivial now ) and it was a personal challenge to do this.

Scuse my English, i am frenchy

Ragetank
    code-zero likes this.
  16. a_librarian Augur

[IMG]
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

TIL
  18. Imukai Augur

Amazing how the forum trolls shut up when the non-rulebreaking reality is explained.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I don't think the issue is we are aware of legit small army players, as much as it is we are aware of blatant macaroni armies that have been outright called out yet allowed to persist.
  20. Mr Blue Sky Elder

Yea there will be a few totally obsessed with having an army of computers, screens and what not.
    But I have still yet to see proof of anyone actually playing like this.

So to all the bot supporters who say film them and get footage of the bots and mail it to DBG's.
    I say the same to you, show us your set up of you playing 30+ charaters, film it and show us...i'd love to see.

ps.I know it will never happen.