Does anyone take part in the Tipsy Gnome race?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Lilura Augur

We have to put up with this annoying spam every anniversary but I don't know a soul who has participated in it. Do you?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I did it the first year to get a set of the ornaments. There is no reason I would repeat it, but I could say the same thing of 95%+ of old quests.
  3. Derka Power Ranger

Myself and most of the people I play with did it on our mains when it was released and haven't since then.
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Your server doesn't have 2-5 people using CoH bots and bards giving Selos to level 1 gnomes to corner the market on the ornaments?

I did try the gnome race twice last year on Xegony but it wasn't very exciting competing against those. I'll probably try this year at some point.

Pretty much just have to suck it up for two months with the emotes...
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I race every year. Numerous times.

You cannot coh in the race. You have to hit certain check points which then shoot you away. Selos and other buffs do not work on the person racing. The person racing is drunk and gets drunk again at each checkpoint so they don't move that straight to run that fast.

The reason some people can do it fast is they know the route. Yes there are short cuts.

Yes, the spam is annoying but so is a lot of what is talked about in chat. You can turn chat off - simply close/minimize the window.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, they changed it so the char racing has to be flagged for pvp. That way you can no longer buff/CoH chars racing. I did it a bunch the first year and second year to get a bunch of ornaments but I haven't done it since, I still got a few gnomes with a bunch of gear to race if needed.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Now that you can't selo alts running it, no.
  8. Nillax New Member

Bring back the Halfling High Dive!
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I just want the ability to ignore the messages for Tipsy Gnome Races while still seeing other systemwide announcements, the spam-level of these is annoying.
    Maybe put them on their own "anniversary channel".
    Bigstomp likes this.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

every time I have tried, there is someone with a mage and a druid helping move their characters so I've never won..
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There are 10 winners each race. Is your server really that crowded that you have not won because you have more than 10 in each race?

The only place another character can help would be at the final destination in The State of Unrest and that would be to kill mobs that would kill the level 1 gnome before he gets all the way to the end.

See the posts above about mage COH no longer working and the druid would also be useless unless they are doing the kills at the end.
  12. OldCa61 Augur

Go to your Chat settings and change the color. There is one that makes these messages almost invisible :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I haven't done it this year, but the last couple years I would run these races. I would use 3 runners per race, one at a time due to being on the same account. I only ever saw one or two other people also running a race at any given time, since the checkpoints are announced to the zone. That's pretty low participation, and this is on Bristlebane.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Udaydar New Member

Back on Cazic Thule think either 2000 or 2001 I won like 3 times in a row, but they were just doing naked halfling runs to the arena from halfling home, I had already had a fbss (flowing black silk sash) from a extremely hazy weekend of camping 48 hours straight with my bro on my character, and the prizes back then were haste items so I actually gave up 1st prize of fbss and took the 2nd one. Definitely knowing the route helps, luck too with running thru high end zone and back then... jumping. One of those races I zoned into Arena after another did, but I ran with continuous jumping and got to center of arena for the win by that. I'd say it's also fun just from exhilaration of running thru high level mob area while freaking nakid on a lvl 1 toon.... that gets the blood flowing hehe.
  15. Protagonist Tank

You have an amazingly low threshold for "Problem worth noticing"
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Ferriciean like this.
  16. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I won that one year.. didn't die!
  17. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I am working on my second set or ornaments now

Seriously this is an issue for you? it is once every 4 hrs.
  18. Bigstomp Augur

It really would be nice to make it go away.
    15 minutes,
    5 minutes,
    going

15 minutes,
    5 minutes,
    going

I have no interest in it and it's not an important message to be using SYSTEM_WIDE.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Someone on Bristlebane place some of those over priced chain tipsy pieces out. I buy! :p

#hero'sforgeaddiction
  20. Duder Augur

Yes, do this please.