Does anyone take part in the Tipsy Gnome race?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

1 to 2 months of constant messages for an event 1% of the playerbase ever did, and doesn't do anymore.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I almost missed it. I'm glad the SYSTEM_WIDE message let me know it was coming.
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Duder Augur

I go there for snacks yes.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I know many of you don't want to go to the bother to do this but you can put system messages in a separate window and minimize it. Not like there is much of anything else happening that your going to miss.

Unless you need to know every 5 minutes before the servers come down with that spam message

Right click in chat bar - select new window - name new window if you wish - right click in chat bar of new window - select filters - then click system messages so they go to this window. Minimize window.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

No, don't use a minimized window. Use a new tab. Minimized windows are, for whatever reason huge lag creators since the tabbed windows came on the scene for a lot of people. Best to avoid using them. For tabs, turn off things like Blink Active Chat Window and Highlight New Messages to reduce lag created by the tabs.
    Duder, Metanis and Celephane like this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I tried.. all alone.. for nearly the whole race time.. Used mercs to buy me time, never could get more than down the 1st set of stairs in unrest.............
  7. Duder Augur

What Smoke said, yah. Don't minimize it via the minimize button, but you can reduce it's size to where you don't see the scrolling chat and all is fine. I keep mine reduced in size in the upper left of my screen, because only heathens use chat tabs.

[IMG]
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

haha that's pretty funny!

Andarriel
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You should be able to avoid the mobs during each leg up to Unrest.

Many players park a higher level alt in Unrest and clear the path to the final guy down in the cave. I see a lot of people asking in chat if someone can come clear those mobs for them.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Oh yeah, no problem til unrest..
  11. Kolani Augur

I cleared the path with my shadowknight and my gnome followed in it's wake.