How about today?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by topple, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Brawl Elder

Everybody stand back. This man is a genius. Can't believe no one has discussed this or any alternatives in the past. o_O
  2. Jhaerik Journeyman

I mean P99 has had a booming PvP server for years...

Oh wait it's dead as hell with thousands on the pve servers...
  3. Brawl Elder

I mean let's talk about the statistics of 10 year old unofficial R99 run by corrupt GMs or a 15 year old Live server..... on a TLP server forum and then get surprised why the people on these forums don't care about or want either of those.

There were 4 very popular and full PvP servers back in the day that's population only started to dwindle in numbers as the game strayed from the first 4 expansions.
    It's not a hard concept to grasp that 1 PvP TLP server would be successful especially if it was locked to PoP/LDoN (much like Agnarr).

There has now been 8 PvE TLP servers. Players have had a chance to re-live their experience from Classic and enjoy the nostalgia. We want to do the same.
    A PvP TLP server doesn't mean the end of all PvE TLP servers - It's just expanding the community, getting more subs and giving a home to those players that enjoyed the PvP aspect of the game, which if you are or were actually a part of, you'd know isn't a small number of people.

All these PvE players leaving snide comments about something that doesn't effect them boggles the mind. Is your PvE game really that boring that you just come here to complain about the prospect of a different ruleset? The Dev's have already mentioned that keeping a server running doesn't have a high running cost. Hence Miragul, Agnarr, etc.
    Brunlin and PVPme like this.
  4. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

They did that on Selo, it lasted 1 month and failed miserably. But be prepared for a bunch of responses saying it was a Server First killing success machine.
  5. Dailor Augur

Selo started in March, math checks out...
    https://selosprogress.com/
    PVPme likes this.
  6. MMOer Augur

Overall I would just like a semi slow paced unlock server that starts on KUNARK instead of classic again.

I want to pug it up in Kunark. Maybe with a little bit of extra time until the first unlock. Like 5-6 months since we already get kunark and then 3-4 mo each after.

Truebox is a must. Boxers go nuts. Its not fun. Boxing allowed I'd stay far away from.

As far as PVP I played on Sullon Zek back in the day. EQ pvp is bad at best. If the choice was normal server OR pvp server i'd 100% have interest in normal and 0 interest in pvp... but why not both? Give us TWO servers ffs and let us end it.

Then we can all point and laugh at the dead red server later on and they would stop making posts, kek.
    Brunlin likes this.
  7. Fraggly Augur

Literally just posted the same thing on 5 different thread.... :rolleyes:

We got a truebox classic-luclin fan stuck on repeat here!!!!!
  8. Jhaerik Journeyman

Seeing as I'm basically waiting on a new TLP to play... yeh it kind of effects me.
    Also say what you will about P99 but it's stuck around better than any TLP server.
    Brunlin likes this.
  9. Brawl Elder

Well you've had 8 golden opportunities so far. Besides, they've released 2 servers at the same time before.

And yes, P99 is free.
  10. Dulu Augur

You mean the Classic WoW that saved Blizzard from financial ruin, and gave WoW more subscribers than they have had in years? The one that made WoW the most popular game on Twitch for months? The Classic WoW that had servers with 15+ hour queu times because the game was so popular?

DBG definitely shouldn't do that. They don't want to get too rich. Bad for the soul.

But hey, thank you for the support. Even if you won't play, I'm counting it as a win that you're OK with us having a home. That's better than a lot of people around here who would rather us not play the game at all.
    Brawl likes this.
  11. Brawl Elder

That would be part of the Sullon Zek ruleset:

Faction hits for PvP will be taken for killing characters within their racial home towns. Killing a human in any human starting city will cause a faction loss with the locals. Freeport, Qeynos and Surefall Glade are considered starting cities for humans. All of Greater Faydark and Felwithe are considered the starting city for high elves and wood elves. Half elves have no starting city. Erudites have home towns that match their starting cities. Other cities are not considered home towns, despite being run and controlled by a certain race. For example, HighHold is not a human home town. Thurgadin is not a dwarven home town.

I agree, that is cool.
    Dulu likes this.
  12. Mobetta New Member

Be serious. Population fell off a cliff because new, shiny, better PvP games came out and it never recovered.

I'd love to wave a magic wand and give the PvP crowd a server, but it almost certainly wouldn't be profitable. If anything, a seasonal event server like Daybreak released last round on EQ2 would be your best bet towards proving otherwise.
  13. Rotlust Augur

I wouldn't mind a PvP TLP because it would be the best remedy against the boters/exploiters, but we all know this would be a Miragul level failure. Anyone who disagrees is only fooling themselves.

It's like a niche (EQ) inside of a niche (TLP) inside a niche (PVP).
    Thewiz likes this.
  14. PVPme Augur

better PvP/PVE games came out and it never recovered.

FTFY

We should all just stop playing EverQuest because games came out that do it better...
  15. Mourning Would New Member

Nah bud that wasnt any kind of /flex (although to think that is lambo money makes me further question your math abilility), that was a legitimate middle management number that is I'm sure dwarfed by numerous fellow eq folks. my point was simply as stated, developers aren't cheap, and even at the end of the day if i am over estimating server cost(i very well may be), do you really think the man behind the curtain (owner/investor) is only looking for a couple thousand profit? i suppose if he/she is an old school eq fan and is invested in it purely to keep the game alive that may be true.

on a side note you completely ignored my suggestion to simply get your community together and turn in your books of discord on literally any TLP whos rules otherwise match what you're looking for, why is that? I've seen a couple of you pvp trolls flat out tell the whole non pvp bunch to just let it happen and deal with it... why can't any of you accept this totally viable solution and be content? again, i do hope that one day you get the server you want so desperately, i just don't see a logical arguement coming from the pvpers other than whining "we want it make it happen" and then lashing out when someone explains why it won't happen. though that does say alot about that community too i guess.

disclaimer- written on phone, liable to be full of errors lol
  16. Jhaerik Journeyman

Not a lot of mmos do the PvE side of things better if you like grinding over questing.
    LOTS of games do PvP better.

Hell if you wanna play EQ with PvP just go play DAoC. It's RvR blows EQ out of the water by miles.
  17. PVPme Augur

Oh, it must just be a random coincidence that when WoW came out the EverQuest population plummeted. Maybe the mass exodus was all the PvPers leaving.

Idk if you ever played WoW either but mob grinding is a really popular way of leveling over there too, especially in classic.
    Dulu likes this.
  18. Brawl Elder

You make it sound like PvP'ers don't also enjoy PvE content...
    Telling us to "go play DAoC" is ignorant.
    Dulu likes this.
  19. Yosemite Journeyman

20. Thewiz Augur

Today? Yes?
    Fraggly likes this.
  21. Stagentti Augur

WoW Classic is very little grinding mobs nonstop like you do in EQ.

It is primarily questing.