Daybreak why can't you fix guildhall crashing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Shanarias Augur

The other day I submitted a bug report, because EVERY time on any server, if I joined the "Novices of _______" guild on ANY server, upon entering the guild hall for the first time, the client would just hang and stop responding. It was only under those circumstances, so I tried leaving the GL and coming back before that. No joy. After the initial crash, I have never had it repeat itself. At any rate, I haven't had it even once since I submitted the bug report. LOL
    Blackhand and MasterMagnus like this.
  2. Natal Augur

Really? Never happened to me. Maybe it is just you?
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Crashes every time if you start a new character, take all the Secalna Galnor quests, run into GL and do Kisiri's quest steps to join Novices of ___, return letter to Magus Alaria and run for the right hand door.

It's often seen when you try to enter the default 'Novices of __' guild hall.

I assume because the Guild Hall instance hasn't been used in some time.
  4. svann Augur

Seems kind of a rare case to be making a thread about "omg why dont you fix this"
  5. Blackhand New Member

It is not rare. It happens quite a bit for some accounts.
  6. svann Augur

Not often enough to warrant a post on the bug forum I note.
  7. Blackhand New Member

For my guild, it was happening about 1/3 of the time people tried to enter the default guild hall. They locked up and had to re-log the character. That is pretty substantial.

It does not happen with the neighborhood guild hall.
  8. Coppercoz Augur

Maybe. I had a guild for my alts just to have easy access to a portal and first toon to click would freeze/get disconnected about half the time. What’s really weird is the second box to click would load just fine, well ahead of the first frozen toon to get disconnected. I’d get the “still in game” message when trying to log back in. I wouldn’t set it as a high priority bug to fix.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I clicked (the right door) guild hall last night, game froze up. No loading into Guild Hall. It just froze up.
  10. svann Augur

Haha
    Veteran_BetaTester
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

20 year vet.
  12. bucktoof Journeyman

*bump* this STILL happens on a daily basis and yes the story is always the same, infrequently used guild halls will crash the client for the FIRST attempt at a zone in, then its fine as long as someone either sits in the guild hall or its used again in a reasonable amount of time

edit: this does NOT appear to happen for sunrise hills zones or palatial halls, just the old school guild halls off of lobby. please for the love of God fix this in tuesdays patch?
    Shaantara likes this.