Daybreak why can't you fix guildhall crashing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Daybreak why can't you fix the guildhall crashing issue? it's existed for years now..this is a glaring bug that is not only inconvenient but can cause the loss of geared up pets and crash secondary characters inside the guildhall.

Seems odd that resources haven't been devoted to fixing this issue.
  2. Derd Augur

I'd say there's not a lot they can do with that kind of information. What Guildhall what happens when did it happen what server how often. I don't remember our Guildhall ever crashing unless the servers were down .
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

The default guildhall...has had crash issues for YEARS. Someone logs in and they are in the guildhall...another person clicks to enter the guildhall...both toons crash. Or many times the first click to enter GH of the day crashes. Happens regularly and has been like this for years.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not everyone has this issue. It may be server specific. Or user specific. I have never had this issue. But I remember when it was huge problem on AB server.

I usually leave someone in guild hall so the port doesn't change but even when I don't, like Derd said the guild hall doesn't crash for me either, ever. I am on Tunare.

This lack of info could be why its not fixed. They have to have information. Just look thru the posts on how they handled that hanging problem when logging out and all the feedback players gave them and it is now fixed.

Edit: If its just the default guild hall then just get a custom hall and use the door on the left. Easy fix and not that expensive.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. enclee Augur

I get the same issue every time with the first click of the guild hall. I've just accepted that the game is going to crash trying to load up the guild hall.

This is not an acceptable answer.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

How about this for an acceptable answer - You guys should post this in the bug report section. Include some info like server, or whatever else you can and then others can see it and upvote it by clicking "like" on the first post.

Will get the right attention there instead of Veteran's Forum.
  7. enclee Augur

Absolutely, but the first response to people shouldn't be spend more money.
  8. bigpapa Augur

i rarely crash zoning into guild halls . but i know that some have issues , and crash here and there.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

I have not crashed in guild hall in years... If you want the problem fixed you need to give better feedback. What server are you on. What guild is this hall for. What were you doing in the hall when it crashed. What type of things are in your guild hall. How many people were in the hall. What class are you. What buffs were on you etc. Maybe some dates / times when it happened so they can look for any logs on the crash.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

AB had a huge instance issue, not just guild halls. Guild Hall issues could be down to the number of instances up at the time. That said AB hasn't had issues for a long time, but other servers have.

As posted best advice is to post in the bug forum with as much info as you can.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Never ever have I seen this.

So acting as if its some massive thing happening all the time that they are ignoring is probably not an effective course of action, considering they probably have no idea it is happening.
  12. Cadira Augur

I see this happen a lot with alt guild halls where you are like the only person in the guild.

It is rare to happen to a gh that is frequently visited and loaded often but I notice it a lot in guilds where no one has likely visited the gh in a long time. The first time it loads up in awhile tends to crash the person trying to enter.
  13. Cloud the Third Augur

All my box accounts and alot of my alts are in my own personal guild. I only use the old original guild hall on the right side for them but I have never seen this happen for any of them and I know I am the only person who ever enters that guild hall.
  14. Fredescu Augur

I've also never had this before. In a small guild with a handful of people, using the standard hall through the right hand door. Hasn't crashed once.
  15. Bobokin Augur

This happens often with all of my accounts trying to use the default guild hall. It almost never happens with the neighborhood guild hall.

My accounts all have trouble logging into the server menu window as well. I have to log in two or three times to get into the game. I wonder if this is a connected issue.
  16. GoneFission Augur

That’s something I hadn’t thought of. I crash often entering the guild hall. I’m also the only active player left in my guild, so I’m the only one loading it.

You can keep from losing armored personnel and such by not riding the crash all the way to a reset. If the screen freezes and doesn’t go to the zone loading screen pretty quick, kill the session using Task Manager, and reload the game.
    Cadira likes this.
  17. GoneFission Augur

Ummm, the post should say armored pets, but my phone decided that pets should be replaced, and I didn’t catch it during the edit window.
  18. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Never happens to me and my army of alts, so........

Agree that this should be popped over to the forum that deals with bugs.
  19. Risiko Augur

I would bet that it is a timeout issue. The server is trying to spin up an instance for that guildhall, and it's failing to come online in time before the client times out or something. I'd be willing to bet that guild halls have low priority on obtaining an available instance than AoC raids and group instances.

This would also explain why if you are in a large guild that always has someone online in the guild hall you don't tend to crash when zoning in to it. It's already up and running before you click on the guild hall door.
  20. svann Augur

Has it been reported on the bugs forum? Try to include steps needed to reproduce the problem.
    dreamweaver likes this.