TOFS 1F Key

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Gnomius, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Gnomius New Member

Sideways to the confirmed bug of "a drolvarg guard" spawning on 1F, the "a frost-bitten drolvarg" mob is possibly broken. I posted this comment:

"Guildmate spent 8+ hours on 1F today with zero keys. I spent an additional 5.5 hours, overlapping with them slightly, and not a single key dropped. This was a mixture of doing a full lap around the floor, killing every mob (including pit skellies), and standard camping of 2 or 3 rooms repeatedly. Neither method produced results, obviously. We never tried to /pickzone as there were never enough players in zone. I can only guess how many mobs my guildmate killed, but my group killed ~275 mobs according to Gamparse.

Conversely I popped up to 4F and got 2 keys in as many hours. ~75 mobs for 2 keys. 1 named, one scripted

Interesting enough, while on 1F we got the emote for the final key multiple times "A drolvarg guard's corpse crumples to the ground. It's weapon creating a loud clang as it strikes the floor." That doesn't seem right at all.

It would be nice if a dev could just pop in and let us know if this is working as intended. The fact that we got the emote for 7F kinda makes me think it can glitch out and you're screwed until server reset/zone crash."

on this thread...

but I wanted to make sure it gets in the bug forums as well and provide some additional info.

We killed 23, "an ice shade", 43 "a returned shadow beast" and 74 "a shadowbone" mobs with no key mob. The remained of the ~275 mobs we killed were "a drolvarg guard". so ~50% of the mobs we killed had zero chance of spawning the key mob, afaik. Even factoring in only the other mob types, there appears to be a less than 1% chance of the key mob spawning.

Fixing the incorrectly spawning mobs will be helpful, but please also look into the spawn rate of the key mob relative to the other PH's on the floor.
    Khrizen, smash and Yinla like this.