Fellowship xp bugged?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Machen New Member

Yes, it does. If you are capped, you will never gain vitality for either regular xp or aaxp.
  2. Pikollo Augur

So a char that is capped in xp and aaxp. When they kill something does the other FS members get vitality from him?
  3. Machen New Member

If they have sharing on and aren't capped and aren't grouped with him, yes.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Way I have understood the system works is that:

Only offline fellowship members are fed vitality by online fellowship members with xp sharing on & only if those offline members are not already level xp capped & have sharing on - they will show as "capped" in the fellowship window when they can receive no / no more vitality.

Whilst online any player who has vitality should have sharing switched off to benefit fully from that Vitality.

In my view the best players to feed vitality to offline members are those who are level xp & aaxp capped as all they are sacrificing is XP they would otherwise be wasting anyway.
  5. Machen New Member

This is not correct. You don't have to be offline, just not grouped unless your group mates are capped.
  6. Seychelle Apprentice

It seems to cap out where there were level increases, the 5 marks in most cases. If you get to 100.99 it won’t accrue anymore until you level up to 101 as an example. This was to prevent people going far into new levels with vitality when a new expansion opened. My fellowship helps everyone get capped just before any new expansion starts so that everyone is ready to ding the first new level immediately but then they have to grind out the XP by playing until the fastest players are maxed out and can start sharing again.
  7. Duality Augur

I think the whole system may be a bit randomized.. I've been watching several different level 71 toons that are receiving and have not logged on to XP. One toon had maxed out aa vitality and only had 40% level vitality. The next toon had 40% aa vitality with full level vitality. Seems a bit strange, but I know the whole system has been known to be buggy. I've even had an online toon that was killing and sharing gain vitality once.. Also, when you are burning vitality, even if you are going 100% to regular XP, it will deplete from both pools.

Things I would like to know:
    Does the % to AA on the recipient play into the split of vitality going to each pool?
    Does the % to AA on the giver play into how vitality is split to the fellowship?
    Is vitality supposed to be evenly split between all of the offline/not-grouped characters?
    Does having 99.999% regular exp on a character that is receiving group xp kills with sharing enabled affect how much vitality is delivered in all cases (100% to AA active) or only if the recipient has max xp?
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your observations do seem odd, good questions but I have no answer to those except the last already answered previously, a max level character with 99.99%xp will not receive vitality.

What I tend to do is set xp/aa to 100% XP on the sharing character (my maxed out main) & 50/50 aa/xp on the characters which are offline in my fellowship (consists only of my own alts).

I haven't paid enough attention to those alts to know if the oddity you describe happens to mine but I will pay closer attention in future to see if they replicate it.
  9. Baldur Augur

This is definitely a bug, but only on TLPs, and I guess live servers when they release a new xpac that raises the level cap.

Your character is marked capped in the fellowship window because that character is capped. When a new expansion is released and the level cap raises, any character capped is still marked capped, even though they are no longer capped because the level limit was raised.

They will stay capped no matter what until you log them on and gain experience in some way. Then it will finally mark them as not capped anymore and they can gain vitality once again.
  10. Duality Augur

[
    Is the bug just for recipients or does having the toon that is sharing maxed out also affect it? I've been killing my max guys that I fight with (and share) before killing, in case that was the issue. I wish I would have taken notes in the beginning but I've just been trying to figure things out since I don't remember playing with it much back on live when it first came out. Tryin to maximize my time!
  11. Duality Augur

.. It looks like the vitality pools are just based on current expansion max xp for both regular and banked AA cap. So it's not really bugged unless 99.999% regular is preventing AA vitality gain which doesn't seem the case from what I've noticed.
  12. Froger Lorekeeper

Just come to Forgoth's fellowship mentoring workshop tomorrow. All questions will be answered.