Fellowship xp bugged?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pikollo, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Pikollo Augur

This may have nothing to do with the fellowship as I have seen something similar. I have a couple alts in my fellowship. Tonight I signed one on, burned lesson, got him 2 levels. Everything was working fine. Got the vitality messages applied to xp, xp was boosted etc. I signed another char on. One that hit max level the last time I played him. His vitality shows as "capped" so I just assume i have a lot saved up. He was getting about 1.5% aaxp per kill and no vitality messages. When I turned xp sharing off he was getting around 8% a kill. Turned it back on. 1.5%. So XP sharing was taking the majority of his xp earned and not giving any kind of bonus for vitality (no messages). Just to test things out I signed a 3rd alt on (same fellowship) and he was getting 8% xp per kill while opted in (not capped).

This same bug happened to me when my main char hit 75 on Selo. I got about 20% into the level then turned aa xp on. Thirty minutes later I noticed I had not gotten one aa. I was barely getting any aaxp at all per kill. I think I turned aaxp off then on and it fixed the problem but it was not helping my alt.

I heard fellowships can get bugged when you remove someone but I don't think we removed anyone. So has anyone seen something similar and know how to fix it?
  2. Korea numbah3 Elder

The whole thing seems overly complicated. I've been trying to figure it out since I haven't had any luck finding much details about it. I ended up running 4-5 hours of "xp" while sharing turned on on my capped toons. Later I logged on another toon that had been receiving and it ended up being about 70% regular xp at 73 soloing hard light blues. I was likely hitting the per kill xp cap.

The toons receiving have to have xp sharing turned on to receive prestige, and then turned off to burn it. If they have it turned on while burning I don't think it will even re-share to offline toons with it turned on. It also seems like both regular and AA xp pools will deplete even if the character you are leveling has 100% to regular exp.

Also make sure to turn off xp sharing on your capped toons when they are logged off if you are on another toon that is intended to be sharing. I'm not really sure if the prestige is split or not as I have 6 in my fellowship that are receiving and with as crazy as the rules for sharing are I don't care to test it! (I only banked 20% prestige on each toon, so it may be split. But I wasn't pushing my XP when I was earning it as I was just after a drop in frostcrypt)
  3. Pikollo Augur

Not sure if that seems right to me. If the capped toon turned off sharing he still did not get a bonus from the vitality he has. He is just getting normal xp. Toons that are not capped get bonus xp with sharing on so it should not be different for a char that is capped right?

I kind of think this is a dinging 75 or filling 75 bug (max level on Selo atm is 75). As I said I had the same thing happen to my main who dinged 75. I can't remember if I maxed 75 before I start getting aa or if I just turned it on at some point but my group had gotten like 5+ aa to my zero in that time. And this was before fellowships.
  4. Korea numbah3 Elder

Not quite sure on that.. If it is bugged, I doubt its one of those things that will get fixed. It's likely to fall under the old coders clause. I've got some 75 capped level xp toons in FS that are still getting vitality. Just can't be sharing while using the vitality, unless it's actually just getting resplit. In the time I got 20aa on non sharing non receiving toons I probably picked up 1 or 2 on a toon with it active.
  5. Iyacc Augur

Doesn't it say no bonuses count, just the base xp? Maybe that's why the numbers seem off.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Fellowship EXP should really be reworked to have two buttons, both disabled by default.

Opt into receiving EXP
    Opt into giving EXP

The way it currently seems to work is there is just one button which opts you into both? And even if you have Vitality, and you’re still opted in, you will be giving EXP. So if you have Vitality and want to use it you currently have to opt out, and then when you go to camp out and want to receive EXP again you have to opt back in.

It’s just not extremely well designed and could be made more user friendly. But considering most fellowships now a days are just people and rgneir box crews who use it mostly for free instant ports to campfires in almost any zone, I’m not sure they care much about fellowship exp.
    niente likes this.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-52340

Bottom line is, as stated, toggle sharing off if you're the one trying to utilize your vitality. If you do not toggle it off during that time, your experience is being re-shared back into the pool of people that have it toggled on in your fellowship.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Toggling it off does not allow that char to use vitality. He also receives far less experience then he should. There are also no "a part of your vitality has been added to your experience" messages with sharing on or off. Therefor vitality is not being added to the experience gained. Toggling it off just gives him the normal xp he would get. No bonus.

Char 1: (can't remember if he was capped). Level xp worked with vitality messages (I did not try aa).
    Char 2: (capped) does not receive vitality messages at all for level xp or aaxp.
    Char 3: (not capped) receives vitality messages for level xp and aaxp.

Also to note the char 2 was still capped after 45 minutes of xp'ing. So I would assume no vitality was taken from him. Char 1 I ran from 72.8-75.2 using vitality xp (checked logs). Char 2 was 75 but I capped 75 before turning aaxp on. Unfortunately his log is not on. But this is when I noticed the bug and saw no vitality messages. Char 3 got messages, boosted aaxp.

I still think this is a bug when you ding or fill 75 as it happened to my main before fellowships were out. The problem being I could not fix it on the alt.
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

Characters
    I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, but it is incorrect. Characters automatically use vitality, if they have it, regardless of whether or not they have it togged on. They cannot EARN it if it toggled off, but that wasn't the problem being described.

I use this feature every week, I used it this morning. It is a confusing and weird design (the original incarnation was WAAAAAAAAAY better), but it works exactly as it is described to work. I play my main character, with toggled experience on, and when I log into my alternate character (who had it togged on), he toggled it off, plays, and gets the experience/vitality messages that are expected. Do you have messaged filtered some weird way such that you can't see them?

Edit: after re-reading your post, it almost sounds like you have multiple characters playing at the same time with vitality turned on. In order for you to see the intended results, the character you're hoping to get benefits on needs to be toggled off when killing stuff, and toggled on when others are killing stuff and trying to feed vitality. If everyone is playing and everyone is toggled on, you're basically wasting your time.
  10. Pikollo Augur

On a side note. I believe when you max your xp and you have xp turned on it auto goes to aaxp. And vice versa. I wonder if this is where part of the problem originates from. My main I had to toggle aaxp on, off, then on and then he'd get xp normally. This did not happen with the alt last night though.
  11. Pikollo Augur

I'll check my filters but they should be normal. Two problems though. If he is using vitality then he should no longer show as "capped". Two he should be receiving the same xp as char 3 (if not more cuz char 3 has 1500 more aa) under the same circumstances and he is not.

I am wondering if "capped" has 2 meanings. My main char who is max aa (banked/spent) and max xp shows as capped. So I wonder if capped can also mean capped xp/aa so the game is thinking to send less xp rewards?
  12. Machen New Member

It's not bugged, I use it every day. You just need a better understanding of how it works. Qbert has given you a pretty good explanation.

When you toggle sharing off, it also sometimes takes a few minutes to take effect. If you are looking at just the first kill after toggling, it won't be accurate to what is really going on.
  13. Pikollo Augur

Ok I'll try toggling it off and waiting. When I was playing around with it I was clicking it on and off and not waiting.

But that still does not explain why one char is getting 8% while opted in and the other is getting 1.5% while opted in. Also why one char is getting messages while opted in and one is not. circumstances for both chars were the same (both opted in and never opted out). The only difference was switching from level xp to aaxp.

But i'll play around with it later and see what happens.
  14. Pikollo Augur

ok did some testing. Two chars, same fellowship (since it was formed), same group, same zone, 3rd char in group to kill. Both chars set to 100% aa.

Char 1: Logged in as opted in (capped). Level 75(97.992%) 589 aa.

Round 1) 2 kills, 1.9% aaxp a piece. Vitality messages, no longer capped.
    15 minute pause. No changes made.
    Round 2)2 kills, 1.9% aaxp a piece. Vitality messages
    Adjusted to 95% aaxp
    Round 3) 2 kills, 1.9% aaxp a piece. Vitality messages
    15 minute pause. Opted out. Adjusted to 100% aaxp.
    Round 4) 2 kills, 11.7% aaxp a piece. Vitality message saying normal xp depleted (though 100% to aaxp).

Char 2: Logged in as opted out (capped). Level 75(99.999%) 670aa

Round 1) 2 kills, 2.9% aaxp a piece. No vitality messages. (not sharing, cant see capped)
    15 minute pause. No changes made.
    Round 2) 2 kills, 2.9% aaxp a piece. No vitality messages
    Adjusted to 95% aaxp.
    Round 3) 2 kills, 2.75% xp a piece. No vitality message
    15 minute pause. Opted in (shows capped). Adjusted to 100% aaxp
    Round 4) 2 kills, 0.48% aaxp a piece. No vitality messages. Still capped.

So 2 chars under similar circumstance. Both opted in and out aaxp's are very different.

As a side test I killed char 2 to uncap his level xp. opted in, 100% aaxp.

Round 1) 2 kills, 0.41% a piece. No vitality message. No longer capped
    15 minute pause to let the uncapped level set in. No changes made.
    Round 2) 2 kills. 0.48% a piece. No vitality message.
    As a quick test I opted out here and did one kill. 2.91% xp. No vitality message.
    15 minute pause to let the opt out set in.
    Round 3) 2 kills, 2.9% a piece. No vitality message.

As a bonus we tried 2 more chars. Both similar to char 1 but with around 1000 more aa. Both had the same results as char 1.

Conclusion is something about char 2 is bugged. As wll as opting in takes a ton of xp from those opting in.
  15. Pikollo Augur

I also removed bugged char from the fellowship to see if xp changes. It did not so it has to be a personal bug.
  16. Machen New Member

It's unclear to me what you were trying to accomplish with your testing, but it looks like it is working exactly as it should.

Character 1 is giving up some of his xp to sharing. Character 2 is not. So character 2 should be getting more xp than character 1. When you swap them, character 1 has some saved up vitality (from previous xping, not from this current round) and he is getting a bonus. Character 2 does not have vitality (and cannot gain any since he's capped) and is now giving most of his xp to sharing.

I'll say it again, there is no bug, you just don't understand the system. (Not surprising, it is pretty difficult and counterintuitive.)
  17. Pikollo Augur

Ok I get where you are coming from that somehow character 2 does not have vitality. So my question is does being 99.999% in level stop you from gaining vitality towards your aaxp?
  18. Pikollo Augur

And I was trying to figure out why char 2 was not gaining xp like he should. And not getting vitality messages. But If being 99.999% in level completely blocks you from gaining vitality (even if it goes towards aa) I guess it'd make sense.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

I've read a couple guides, and as someone else mentioned, the whole system is cumbersome and ambiguous.

What you said however is something I've read: exp pots and the fellowship stuff are not both applied at the same time.
  20. Pikollo Augur

I think my error was the 99.999% thing. I just need to know 1) if being level capped (99.999%) is blocking the char from gaining vitality. and 2) if being level and aa capped still allows me to share xp gained even though I am personally capped.