Just came back

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by TYBARIS, Oct 11, 2019.

1. TYBARIS Journeyman

Any good info on killing the named Rhino in Overthere? (saber)
    I pulled him twice with my warrior and he killed me twice before i could get back to the group.The first time i just tagged him with a arrow and second time i went out with HOT on. (same result death) I looked up the spell he cast and has 1200 range if i read that correct. I thought i was geared up good enough for a tier 1 zone but doesnt look that way. I farmed all the ore off golems and made my group armor and have all the non vis from GMM and have all the group augs from EOK. I thought maybe i could use my enchater to rune me up before i pulled but it looks like its a 6 second dot and i think i would need my shaman if i did get the rhino back to group for heals. (chanter and shaman on same account). Anyways any ideas what i might try?
    warrior 110 all def aa done and hp done (just eye candy aa left it looks like)
    bard 110
    zeker 110
    shaman 108 or chanter 108
    cleric merc
    dps merc
    any ideas besides re rolling :)
    am sure am over lookin something
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The spell silence and amnesia is an issue. Make sure to hit all your big defensive things BEFORE engaging on the warrior. Can you hit flash and fort at the same time like knights can hit a disc and flash? If so, hit fort then hit flash once it gets there, to void tank while you slow it with the shaman, and get your boxes on it.

Pull with the bard, not the warrior. Bard more likely to resist it, but less an issue getting hit by it.

Drop the dps merc and get out a second cleric merc, make sure both are on reactive.

Make sure you're spamming surge with the shaman the whole fight.

You are likely not burning well enough on your bard and zerker. If you were, even with group weapons, you'd have it dead.

Hit your burns in this order, shaman, then bard, THEN zerker last, then just keep tabbing back and forth from shaman to zerker, healing with shaman and burning with zerker.

Basic zerker burn:

Cry carnage
    Brutal discipline
    Savage spirit
    Juggernaut surge
    Blood pact
    Blinding fury
    Silent strikes
    Spire of the juggernaut
    Desperation
    Epic 2.0 click
    Breastplate click

Then spam on refresh:

Battle leap
    Frenzy
    Mangling frenzy
    Mangling volley
    Axe of empyr
    Mangling axe throw
    Shared ruthlessness
    Smoldering rage
    Phantom assault
    Sapping strikes
    Binding axe
    War cry of the braxi
    Dissident rage

I'm no expert, but using mostly that zerkers will burn through things quick.

Using better spells on your bard melody help too.

So after clicking:

boastful bellow
    epic 2.0
    funeral dirge
    fierce eye
    spire of the minstrels
    quick time
    bp click

you want to melody something like this for your melee centric group:

second psalm of veeshan
    chorus of xigam
    arcane ballad
    aria of begalru
    travenros song of suffering
    kaficus song of suffering
    War march of dekloaz

Not perfect, but pretty straight forward, make sure your overhaste aura is running of course before starting.

Make sure the shaman clicks epic 2.0, spire, and keeps up lion and group hot while spamming surge, and tossing in any dots you can.

Warrior, just keep defensive things going and aggro going. Should melt.
  3. Szilent Augur

Don't pull rhino. Go killem where he stands. That "solves" his encounter just by virtue of healers already being in range to heal from the get-go, against his dot. Some real fast damage off the top should set up the tank to be summoned when knocked back.
  4. TYBARIS Journeyman

That DOT is nasty I think i might have a chance if i get him back to the group, I will try and just ambush him. Thanks for the info guys.
    i would like to have that aug .
  5. TYBARIS Journeyman

I can't belivie I didn't think of this I can use my DA clickie to pull him. I camped that thing years ago and never use it.
  6. Szilent Augur

Nope, dots pass invuln. That'll make you immune to getting healed, though :p
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I found when camping annoying named like that, find a good spot with only a couple mobs to clear that is very near where the named roams around, then grab it, less room to pull it in.
  8. TYBARIS Journeyman

I didnt get the named rhino to spawn last nite but i did kill one of the named golems it went pretty smooth for me. I think it dropped a neck item and boots. I now know I can atleast kill some of the named mobs with the gear and group that i have.
    Thanks again guys for the tips.
  9. TYBARIS Journeyman

I have a question guys, to make tier2 ROS armor do i have to have Tier1 ROS to combine them?
    I see you have to have EOK tier2 armor to make Tier1 ROS.
    I hope this makes sense.
    If this is the case it looks like they would be more than two tier 1 zones for the drops.
  10. Szilent Augur

yes you do. Scaled needs Scaleborn needs Selrachs. pretty strong recommend on skipping all that, going from Conflagrant at 106 to Snowbound at 110.