Tradeskill Trophy Evolving

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allconfused, Feb 14, 2018.

1. AcemoneyFV Augur

So should you get your skills to say, 50-100 and grab all the Beginner tests before advancing? I'm just now doing tradeskills for the first time. This thread was helpful.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes Ace.. grab trophies while you are low skill.. easier tasks to finish.. and the trophy levels with you.. instead of playing catch up.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Do the free ones till 51. Ab Sea or Cresent Reach

Then do the beginner trophy quests in W Freeport

After doing those 2 things you can move on to leveling up your skill and your trophy will go with you.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Sprezzatura New Member

Friends,

Looking for a little help. My fletching trophy is not evolving from 5/7 47%. The last time it’s percent increased was when I got to 282 with ‘Rough Shadewood Compound Bow (hemp)’ http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4414&menustr=035000000000

I then switched to ‘Auspicious Elder Wood Plank’ with a trivial of 423. http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=63025&menustr=035000000000

This has got me to 300 base skill and adjusted at 324.

Based on what I’ve read above ,
    1) any item with trivial over 350 is treated as 350 for evolving trophy purposes (does this equal 350 minus 300?j, and
    2) the 100 point difference between item trivial (423j and my base skill (300) doesn’t apply coz my skill is greater than 250 / 275
    Then I’m thinking my trophy should evolve and catch up to level 6. But it isn’t.

Am I missing something ?
  5. Greymantle Augur

If your trophy is at 5/7 you can only use recipes withing 100 points or so. I ran into this as well. Find a recipe with a skill requirement closer to 300 to evolve the trophy. Once your base is 300 the only way to increase actual skill is by learning new recipes. SO find a cheap combine >300 and blast away untill the trophy maxes. Then work on the missed recipes.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Weird, but one way to find out - try some combines in sub-400 range. Try bleakwood tonfa (335).
  7. Sprezzatura New Member

Update: made some Class 9 arrows (trivial 308) and some durable bows (trivial 335), and the trophy began to evolve again - quickly catching up.

It’s now 6/7 4% after about 40 combines.

Thanks all
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain