start to log in then client closes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by anarchaos, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Zain New Member

Confirmed this fixed my issues as well. I did not have a problem until I switched around the way the chat boxes were laid out. I removed the combat chat mob as it was very inconvenient. Deleted my character
    ui on Mangler and instantly fixed the log in problem. Guess I have to live with the new UI change or not play EQ!
  2. Dega Elder

I am having the same issues especially when I switch toons for some reason, and honestly it is starting to get really old to have to delete the inis and then redo the ui over and over, it is timeconsuming and kills my will to play the game. Havnt had it happen on my main since i recreated the ui, but as soon as I switch toon it happens again and it doesnt matter if I delete recreate the ui, it happens the next time again when i switch toon. so plz just fix whatever it is :)

EDIT: And Kalzran , yes i get the same log
  3. Malelficent New Member

Having the same issue ... Main toon is fine ... Couple of other toons keep crashing / freezing ... I have deleted the UI files completely ... Reset my windows ... Boom ... Happens again ... I know I can just delete the file again and redo everything again ... But seriously ... I don't want to have to redo my windows every single time ... Please fix this ...
  4. a_librarian Augur

Are you using /copylayout when you reset your UI? This was what caused the issue to persist for me. I had to just build the characters UI back up from scratch and finally the log in crashes stopped. But now I get crashes when I log out though so who knows what the hell the problem is
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Have you tried the "Default UI" checkbox on the character select screen?
  6. Excruciator_Test New Member

I have the same issue. Client crashing. It is very frustrating to take 20 mins just to start playing the game. Ive noticed that If I create a new toon and log that one in, camp then log my main one in it works, but for some reason it takes a good 3 or 4 mins to load from char select. I use the default UI, no custom anything plain stock EQ. I have copied my main toon's layout and load-out though. My guess is it has something to do with that.

I forgot to mention that If I select the reset to default UI option, it still crashes and doesn't work. Eventually when I get the toon loaded in, it still didn't reset the UI to its default setting.
  7. its_a_secret Journeyman

I found out what I think causes this. For me it was crashing because the Main Chat tab, was not on the left side of it's window. Once put on the left side of it's window this no longer happened.