Slot 18/19 Augments - what did you aim for?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Schadenfreude, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I use the ones I’ve aquired... just wish they were lore equipped so we can have them all and then figure out what we wanted to run.
    tyrantula and Greymantle like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Can an item be both Lore and Lore Group Equipped? That'd be nice
  3. Wulfhere Augur

Sorry no. Apparently Ngreth wants you to somehow know what's worth while for your class during the time you are looting. It's better for everyone if you greed loot then share with your server.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

5. Duder Augur

Yes, because researching on your time or being aware of what stats might be preferred by another class over another would be too hard to do yourself. Definitely the devs fault.
  6. DaciksBB Augur

wait, monks don't like casting fire????
  7. Duder Augur

Yeah Ngreth, tell us exactly how to build our chars and why monks don't need casting fire please. /taps foot impatiently
  8. Wulfhere Augur

Sorry, let me elaborate a bit.

In the referenced thread, Koryu explained and Ngreth replied that he thought about it but decided against. Now players are asking that Ngreth change his mind. Doing so would allow players to customize their gear, however slightly, from inventory.

Enabling choices like that is a good game play feature. Swapping gear from defense to offense and back is the original method of "stances". Bandolier was a great addition to facilitate that. Lore restrictions on these types of augs defeats their full potential to add enjoyment to the game.

Looting, especially no drop loot, can be one of the most stressful moments in the game. Look at all the patches and changes to looting in recent years: advloot, loot lockouts, TLP kill stealing preventive measures, etc.. Petitions over mistaken or ninja loot are as old as the game. Earning loot defines and distorts EQ game play. Any design choice that reduces that stress and distortion is a good thing.
  9. Allayna Augur

Unfortunately there's a way around any intended game design/feature/restriction. Some use them, most don't and most are at a disadvantage.

Making them lore equipped instead of lore would mean less people would be willing to give them away as is seen on a daily basis.

But honestly, discretionary use of the delete button and tokens of reclamation make them ghetto "lore equipped", albeit for a cost.

I'm not for or against either standpoint, lore equipped or lore. I also don't use this method.
    Schadenfreude likes this.
  10. Schadenfreude Augur

It's not an issue until you're near the end of acquiring all the augs you want but a couple of times I've had to destroy a slot 19 aug I was wearing so I could loot another in the same group where it wasn't immediately obvious which of the two was a better fit. If all of the effects stacked or none of them did then sure but that's not how it is - doesn't help that I'm a hybrid that cares about everything.

After all the excellent feedback in this thread, I'm still not 100% sure what the optimal load-out is.
  11. Greymantle Augur

Well swapping gear in and out for different situations has a long history in the game. Blue diamond jewelry for resists in the early days comes to mind.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ah yes, the times when you may as well not show up to raid any wing of ToV without Blue Diamond jewelry. Good times!
  13. Natal Augur

There is another solution that apparently no one has thought of yet, and that is to research the augs before hand and figure out which are suitable/desirable for you and which would be better suited for another toon in your group. :)
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Does the healing focus on Soothing augs stack with paladin aura (and epic click, etc.)? My testing so far is inconclusive.
  15. Cadira Augur

I have no idea for sure, but general stacking rules would say yes, as one is a "worn" effect and another is a "buff".
  16. Greymantle Augur

My main aim is to actually be able to fill the slots.
    Yinla likes this.