Spawn time/chance of named spawn VP key/Epic quest mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Forbidden, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Xanathol Augur

I tracked this same bard down. At the time, they were gating it to the Dreadlands zone line. He most certianly would warp directly to the AJ on spawn then charm gate it with a pot. Everyone knows the guild is question runs these cheat apps and griefs people all the time - it is not an debated opinion in the least. The only real question is why are these people tolerated at all by DBG?
  2. Skunt New Member

Just to be clear, I never petitioned you or anyone else on this server (or any server, to the best of my recollection). I also never spammed you, or anyone else, with tells concerning this matter. I don't even know who you are.

If you insist on claiming you obtained 30+ AJs, along with all the other medallion pieces, within the first one to three days of kunark, I have to admit I can't prove you didn't do it legitimately. But it still seems pretty unlikely to me. And apparently a lot of other people have similar concerns, based upon the comments here and all the petitions and tells you say you are getting.

In any case, you still completely missed my main point. Which is that the AJ spawn mechanics are totally ridiculous. Maybe it was reasonable back in the day with server populations around 2k (or something), and a year or so in between expansions. But the reality on Mangler is that most guilds will never see VP before Velious, and probably won't bother after that anyway, specifically because of the AJ bottleneck.

People can say that VP sucks or the loot isn't worthwhile, but it is still the final raiding zone in Kunark and most of us want to get a chance to do it. By that logic, people may as well just level to 60 and then cancel their subscriptions until Velious (if they aren't too busy playing WoW classic by then). I doubt that is what DBG wants.

The rest of the key is a pain, but at least people can be assured they will get those pieces if they put in the time. AJ however is a complete nightmare, and needs to be fixed. Hopefully DBG does something about it.
  3. krimmett Lorekeeper

All I know is that camping Pained Soul for 13 freaking hours, on top of AJ taking DAYS to get sometimes, how has this antiquated system not been completely overhauled? Maybe when MMO's first came out it was alright to spend 12+ hours at a camp, and then turn around and raid 3-4 days a week, while leveling and questing. People have lives DBG, and they dont make surge anymore.
  4. Tierdal Augur

good thing selos is there for you
  5. yerm Augur

Have any of you guys considered not driving during rush hour if you hate rush hour traffic? The people who love racing and competition and being the best enjoy competing. The people who hate it... there's 3 whole months until velious?
  6. krimmett Lorekeeper

Rush hour traffic in this case is not the issue. The issue remains that even in a vacuum you have camps that are taking 12-24 hours for a single spawn. This game is not played by 18 year olds over summer break anymore. There are no new players coming in, and all of the players left are the ones who grew up with the game. As an adult you just cant justify spending that amount of time, especially when you have 12 weeks until the next expansion unlocks. It is pure laziness as a design aspect to keep the current model going.
  7. SunDrake Augur

They do still make Surge..
  8. Febb Augur

They already fixed all these issues in later expansions. Stop playing in classic expansions and these frustrations will go away.
  9. Nyvlag Elder

Just stop playing 4Head.
  10. Nyvlag Elder

Also, my previous post aside, I always find it hilarious that people act like somehow removing bottlenecks (because that's what they are; they aren't challenges, they're bottlenecks that make epics exclusive to neckbeards) is going to NEGATIVELY affect them. Spoiler alert: It isn't. Unless you're a kronolord and your rent is due, I guess.

The only thing removing bottlenecks does is POSITIVELY affect those people who grew up between 1999 and 2019 and can no longer sit at a camp and wait for 72 hours without work, or the wife, or the kids, etc interrupting them.

So can we stop being self centered little manchildren, please?
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

When everyone has an epic, it's no longer epic.
  12. Nyvlag Elder

Epic quests are 19 years old. We're all just playing TouristQuest. The only people who aren't are the Kronolords.

Get off your high horse.
  13. SunDrake Augur

Mehpic
  14. dOOB New Member

Just because you don't know how it works doesn't maen it's random or magical :)
  15. Scruff Elder

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)