Rubicite on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 6rout, Apr 18, 2019.

1. 6rout Lorekeeper

Looking through my EQ logs, I find that Agnarr released on May 24th. Exactly 30 days later on June 23, Rubicite armor began dropping.

It does not appear to currently be dropping on Mangler - I have killed a good number of nameds in CT since April 15th. Is this working as intended?
  2. DeseanJackson Augur

Isn’t it he other way around? Like it drops for the first 30 days or so and then stops?
  3. 6rout Lorekeeper

Nope.
  4. DeseanJackson Augur

Hmm, well it’s quite possible I’m wrong, but everything else I see shows it drops for a set amount of time in Classic, but nothing explicitly states when it’s in/out. Best I’ve found is if you’re getting Ravenscale, it’s out and been replaced already. If you’re not, it’s probably just rare.
  5. 6rout Lorekeeper

Also false, ravenscale & rubicite could drop at the same time from a single named mob on Agnarr

[Fri Jun 23 23:33:09 2017] --You have looted a Rubicite Gauntlets.--
    [Fri Jun 23 23:33:09 2017] --You have looted a Ravenscale Gloves.--
  6. DeseanJackson Augur

7. Elonia New Member

I took this "Cazic-Thule - Will begin in the form after Rubicite was removed." from the Mangler FAQ to mean rubicite wouldn't drop at all.
  8. 6rout Lorekeeper

Same case on Agnarr. It said it will begin in that form, it didn't say it would stay there forever.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ession-server-coming-weds-may-24-2017.239813/

Q: Which Versions of Zones Will Be On Agnarr?

Zones that were graphically revamped (Freeport, Commonlands, Nektulos, Lavastorm, Ro) will be in their revamped form. Our progression servers have to co-exist with live servers, so we need to have the same geometry running on all of them. In cases where the geometry was the same but population changed, we will use the original populations where possible:
    • Cazic-Thule - Will begin in the form after Rubicite was removed
    Devs weigh in?
    Elonia likes this.
  9. qweasy Augur

Says the same thing for Selo where rubicite is currently dropping.
    6rout likes this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

On Agnarr, rubicite came after launch and was dropping for a brief period. It's definitely on Selo, for whatever that's worth.

That being said, it's glorified bazaar trader gear and not very unique given armor dyes :( .
  11. 6rout Lorekeeper

Rubi not dropping on Mangler during same timeline as Agnarr, but confirmed dropping on Selo. I need answers, DB!
  12. urbanbo70 Elder

Rubicite is a BIG deal to us oldtimers. When is it going in?
  13. taliefer Augur

pretty sure Scimitar of the mistwalker from vox is MIA on mangler as well
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Never forget mistwalker vox dogs that hit for 20k.
    Geoff likes this.
  15. neveroom Journeyman

Any update from Devs ?
  16. Atabishii Elder

If my memory is correct, rubicite was never supposed to drop on Agnarr. They made a mistake while trying to take it out and it was able to be found on a select few specific mobs in CT. Fast forward to coirnav, they also said that rubicite would not drop but while trying to fix the bug from Agnarr, they accidentally added it to the Ritualist. Maybe by mangler they have completely fixed the problem, and probably were not worried about selo's as it started in luclin anyway.

I think the most logical, outside looking in, reason to why they don't like Rubicite dropping on these last couple TLP's is because they really want to open up CT in classic for the people who choose to exp there. They have made attempts over the years to change ZEM's to try and funnel people in to under utilized zones. If you have rubicite dropping, the zone basically gets perma camped by lvl 50's and no one of appropriate exp level gets to hunt there.
  17. neveroom Journeyman

lol you seen solb or rathe mountains, or everfrost.
    I doubt they care about stuff being over camped.
    6rout likes this.
  18. Atabishii Elder

People perma camping efreeti only takes 1 camp, not the entire zone.
    People camping HG's again does not effect the entire zone.
    1 guy perma camping 3 ice giants does not ruin the entire zone.

Put rubicite in cazic thule and every single named + any mob around that named will be perma camped, effectively ruining the zone for exp'ers.
  19. 6rout Lorekeeper

By "exp'ers" you mean the 3 guys on the server not leveling in Guk, right?
  20. Atabishii Elder

while farming my darkforge/helping other sk's with their darkforge in the first few weeks of the server, i actually saw quite a few groups there everyday.