Server Denied your request

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rets, Apr 17, 2019.

1. strongbus Augur

same for me
    niente likes this.
  2. Sammi New Member

I had this issue a few minutes ago, but I believe I have solved it.

I changed two things:

1] I was previously launching EverQuest via Steam, so that I could use the overlay ingame. This time I launched the game from it's desktop shortcut.

2] I switched to my alternate account and back again on the launchpad. (Maybe logging out and back in would work.)

I can now log in. Hope this helps.
  3. Drakson New Member

Got it working... I have no idea how I fixed it or what combination did it. Regrettably, I am not logging out to reverse the process to see what fixed it.

I did the following in this order, between each step I tried to log into an EQ server using both with the patcher and without, with no success until the last step:

Changed MAC address on my NIC
    Changed ISP IP
    Renamed Everquest game folder to .OLD and copied over working EQ folder from another computer
    Deleted copied EQ folder and renamed old folder back
    Switch to Wifi from 10GB LAN
    Switched back to hard wire
    Set eqgame.exe tp NOT run as Admin
    Set eqgame.exe to NOT use override high DPI
    Set eqgame.exe to Override high DPI scaling back to system (Enhanced)

After setting the DPI scaling back, I tried to login bypassing the patching server and I got past server selection screen (I did not try it using normal launcher).

Not a lot of help, but hopefully 1 of these steps will help out others with this problem.
  4. Xoraax New Member

Disabled "Run as Admin"

Works.
  5. Gheed Is not reading your response

Had the issue all day on my Mac running Everquest through Crossover. All other computers play the game with no issues
  6. Drakson New Member

Quick Update: Game crashed (guessing due to the /log issue). I did try to get back in using the normal patcher, got the same request denied error. I have to bypass the patcher with is not running as Admin to play.
  7. fatu New Member

Did anyone get an update on a fix? I have the same problem playing on my 2 macbooks using wineskin. Other laptop and PC work fine
  8. Scoobz New Member

Same issue on my three accounts that I run using Wine on Gentoo Linux. These accounts have played fine for well over 15 years in this configuration until today. I always use launchpad to patch the install then use the following command to start each instance:

wine eqgame.exe patchme /login:<accountname> &

Even going through the launcher normally after patching results in the error.
  9. bryn New Member

They did something to the client/server and now most versions of wine for linux and mac os no longer seem to function. They give you the "world server denied your login request" error. Some of the newer versions work but they have incredible graphical lag, so a fix will have to be figured out. 4.0+ works but all of them are laggy, even in server select.
  10. Termination321 New Member

Those Of You Having Issues Entering Try Running The Patcher WITHOUT "Run As Administrator" It Worked For Me I've Finally Reached The Otherside Back To Norrath! Hopefully It'll Do The Same For You!
  11. Gheed Is not reading your response

I can't seem to find an option to run Everquest in a program like wineskin/crossover without being administrator because programs like that I believe always need admin privileges to run in the first place. Seems the majority of people with this issue are also on Mac OS
  12. bryn New Member

With wine versions 4.0+, you need to set cpuaffinity values to -1 (negative 1) in the eqclient.ini. This fixes the lag for me, though I don't think it should be necessary in order to run eq due to whatever they changed.
  13. That0neguy Augur

Same issue here using Crossover.
  14. Lylow New Member

i just did a full clean install win 7 and EQ and prob still here :(
    my 1st laptop (win 7 and pentium 2.2ghz) work fine and my other laptop (win7 and Core i-5) got this prob
  15. Tishanian Journeyman

PM sent with dxdiag info

This is what I have done to troubleshoot:
    I have 3 systems, all very similar hardware. ALL systems working before patch.
    ONLY 1 system gives me "Server denied request" on all accts
    Logged an acct on a working system, fully logged out (30 sec). Tried to log back in non-working system. & Still not working
    Tried to bypass patcher, exact same out come
    Turned off Anti-Virus, still denied access
    Turned OFF "Run as Admin" (the 2 running systems have "run as Admin" ON) Still getting "Server Denied"
    Renamed EQ folder as "OLD" and reinstalled EQ from scratch 10Gb download, No Mods what so ever. Still getting "Server Denied"

On main game system that i can log into. I only have 1 account logged in and i am finding further problems:
    extensive lag issues while /log ON
    missing random items
    periodically when logging out a toon, sometimes game hangs, have to kill process with "Task manager"
  16. Tiane Journeyman

Followed suggestion, created a new user profile, but STANDARD this time, not an Administrator in any way. Switched over, tried it. Works. WTH? Keep in mind that my other computer with an almost identical configuration runs EQ as admin and can log in no problem. And why would the freakin EQ servers even know or care how I've started the game?

Sigh...

If anyone gets this to work, if you are normally logged in as an administrator (any name, but that type of account), you can shift-right click the EQ icon and run as a different user, and you can just type in the standard account you created, saving you from having to log off/switch user. (You can also automate this somewhat in a batch file via something like (if the standard account is named EQAcct) "runas /noprofile /user:EQAcct everquest.exe" and drop it in your eq dir.) You'll still need to type in the password, but its a kludge for now.
  17. Hitty Augur

Something is borked with the new patch and/or the DGB login servers.

System worked yesterday but one had some login issues. After some tries and a bit waiting time without really doing anything different it worked.
    Today the same meanwhile on another system too.

So whatever the login servers are doing - they seem to sporadically fail.

It worked after kicking EQ and reloading with exact the same options without any change. Some needed more tries.
  18. Tishanian Journeyman

Possible workaround

Windows 7 Pro (X64).
    Created a New standard user (no password)

I can now login under this new Windows User

Interestingly, My other 2 systems Also running Win 7 Pro (x64) as an "Admin" account were totally unaffected by the "Server Denial".
    Also the system that I have to run as a Windows non-Admin account, the Launchpad can set to "Run as Administrator" and everything still working fine.
  19. That0neguy Augur

My guess is the rumors about that banning VM accounts on TLP's was actually this change. But instead of affecting just the TLP servers its affecting every server as well as affecting people who use wine/crossover type programs to run it on non windows systems.
    Pharone and Tiane like this.
  20. Tiane Journeyman

That's possible. Stupid, but possible.