Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Took2summmit Elder

I haven't seen 1 casual person that doesn't raid come complain about the experience rate. An actual casual player could easily keep up on selo in it's current iteration by solely doing the group game. Everquest is all about resource management, the main of which is time.

Stop raiding every night and spend some nights grouping. Literally the only people complaining are the ones that were level 60 in the first 3 days. It's the people that want to raid 7 nights a week and complain that theres not an 8th night they can raid also.

This server in it's current rule set is perfect for a casual player that could care less about raiding and find enjoyment building their characters in the group game. Theres plenty of people out there that do not raid at all and they will be able to keep up just fine in exactly what Selo is today.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

So you're confirming that selo is indeed the casual server with no room for raiders?

You heard it here first boys. Shut the double speed AOCS down. Not a raiding server.

Shut em down.
    Ulain and Rcbauer like this.
  3. Volts Elder

Confirmed - Mangler is the "toxic" server. Everyone from Mangler always talking down to Selo players and about Selo in Selo threads, don't see Selo players doing the same to Mangler threads. Like, just play on your server and move on. Geez!
    TheChosenOne and Ajjantis like this.
  4. Groans Augur

Thats rich them calling our feedback hyperbole..... great customer service guys.
    Ulain and Ajjantis like this.
  5. Took2summmit Elder

Ferraris are 50% off at the dealership down the street. Quick everyone go buy one...

Selo also has fast ex and fast regular group spawns. Someone complaining points out the only point that helps their case. Lemme guess you're of the camp that dbg is at fault there isnt an 8th day in the week for you to raid?
  6. yerm Augur

It may just be due to quantity, but it definitely appears that Mangler got the non-hardcore toxic crowd. Thank god. I will admit selo got some real clowns at the top end with our racing but we totally appear to have dodged both the angry amateurs and the profession rmt armies. It's nice to see that with the race over and things settling down the whole server seems friendly, and the only major/visible toxicity left is here on the forums.
    Genoane, Volts and Ajjantis like this.
  7. Dracule New Member

Good thing you know everyone who has came to complain about the server exp I guess. I was correcting someone who posted that Selo was the "hardcore" server which is wrong.

The only reason people are raiding so much now is because there are 3 expansions worth of raids to do. In the future you are going to have 1 month to do a single expansion. If you want to spend 90% of your time grouping that's fine. You won't experience all of the content in the game. The purpose in my opinion of a TLP is to experience the content as close to it was at live. Either for nostalgia purpose or because you didn't get to experience that way before. Prior to some of the more recent expansions everquest was a game about raiding. There was other stuff to do, but to experience the whole game you had to raid.

If you like the game as it is that's great. Dont come here wland bash people who have a different opinion than you.
  8. Took2summmit Elder

I'm not bashing people that have different opinions than me. I am bashing people that raid 7 days a week and then come here complaining experience isnt fast enough. We are all capable of time management in real life, not sure why it doesn't translate over here.

If raiding 7 days a week leaves you with not enough time to xp, then all I'm saying is bring it down to 3 or 4 days a week so you have enough time to xp. You guys will be able to zerg thru any raid with 72 people once a new expansion drops whether you raid 7 days a week or 3 days a week, as seen by your naked raid force emp and ahr kills.
    Barton likes this.
  9. yerm Augur

No thanks.

I want a fast server. If I wanted to stop and grind grind grind for xp's sake I could do that on mangler. Or coirnav. Or phinny. Or xegony. Or roll a char on another server.

I am not asking for zero aaing. I am asking to devote the same limited % of time to aaing that I would on any other tlp and up with the same OR MORE BECAUSE IT'S FAST amount of aas in a given era. If spending 25% of my time on phinny grinding aa gets me my core aa in era, I do not want to have to spend 50+% of my time aaing on selo to end up with still less total aa per era.
  10. Took2summmit Elder

Ok, that's YOUR opinion. DBG never created this server with their intention that someone can spend 5-10% of their time experiencing and be max AA. I think if you came here expecting that you're delusional. Before Selo dropped we all knew time management and a healthy balance between raids and experience groups would be required. And if you find that healthy balance, you will stay current in the servers current rulesets.
    Barton likes this.
  11. Dracule New Member

So the only people who are coming here to complain are people that raid 7 days a week? What about the people who have posted their actual experience grouping for AA's? I guess that was just in between 1 of their raids? You act like you know the experience of every persom posting on this forum which isnt true. Why not just Express that you enjoy the experience as is and stop worrying about what other people think?

Tell me this, how does DBG increasing the experience actually harm your playing of the game? If you are worried about leveling to fast and not seeing some of the other zones in the game, then I guess it's a good thing they provided a server that starts in classic and has slower exp? Or maybe once you hit 51 divert exp to aa's. In my opinion if DBG were to do a vote on whether to increase the exp gains on the server it would pass, probably in a landslide.
  12. Took2summmit Elder

I'm pretty sure if my local Macys held a vote to lower all prices it would pass by a landslide also. What's the point?
    Barton likes this.
  13. Dracule New Member

The point is that your opinion that exp is fine is the minority, yet you try and play it off as if only a select few want more exp. I notice you didn't answer how them raising exp would harm your play experience. It's quite funny that people are coming to complain and try and have DBG make a change and you are so fiercely against it. Why is that? If you have a large customer base who wants you to make a change that doesn't effect your bottom line in a negative way, as a company it would be in your best interest to do it. DBG might actually benefit in the form of potion purchase by increasing the exp.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  14. Took2summmit Elder

Actually theres about 10-15 people being vocal about raising experience, and I'd put money down that 100% are people that hit level 60 in the first week and raiding 6-7 days a week. You, my friend, are the minority, not me. There's THOUSANDS of people enjoying Selos that didn't rush to 60 and are not raiding 7 days a week.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Groans Augur

True but no one knows because only fools pay Macy's prices.... so you were saying?
  16. Groans Augur

You just confirmed the delusional thing. You act like you can interpret their intentions, hogwash you have no clue what they are trying to do because they dont even have a clue what they are trying to do. Ill tell you what i think this is about, someone in charge wants eq to be what THEY want it to be and damned with our request.

This all came out when we were told "casuals dont deserve raid loot" and the agenda has remained consistent other than giving in with AOCs which they did not want to do but were forced to.
  17. Took2summmit Elder

Theres nothing to interpret. They announced a rule set, the server is performing to the rule set, and now you are complaining that you should be able to be max AA with 5-10% of your time spent experiencing. That has NEVER been everquest and never will be. You want the rule set changed because it doesn't fit the mold you want it to be.

This is literally Agnarr all over again. They announced the server would forever be locked at POP, people still joined and ignored it. Once they farmed POP they came demanding more expansions be opened.

We all knew from day 1 that double xp but triple expansion unlock was bad maths. But it is what they announced and if you played there hoping to get them to change the rules down the road you're delusional.
    Barton likes this.
  18. taliefer Augur

DBG was pretty clear with their intentions on Selo, even with the mislabeling it as a casual server. the exp rate was always announced as double, and the expansions were announced as monthly. thats double the exp rate, in a third of the traditonal TLP time. assuming selo is working as intended, that leads to a very grind heavy server. noone should be surprised by that. its why i decided not to play on it after the shine of starting in luclin wore off, and i actually thought about the ruleset.

They should really up the exp rate to triple that of ragefire/agnarr to match the time spent in each each era. But as announced, it was always going to be a grind heavy server
    Barton, Mashef and Took2summmit like this.
  19. kain200 Augur

I can confirm that I'm not one of these people. I am what most would consider a true casual player at least at the moment because I haven't had a lot of time to play since server opening due to travel/family etc. I resubbed in hopes that this would be a really fast leveling experience since the expansions are coming so fast. I was sorely disappointed on day one at seeing how "not" fast the leveling was. Now that the bonus exp is off its even worse. I am not someone who has 60's and is complaining. I don't even have a level 20 because I like to play multiple alts.

It seems to me that logically, the server that was intended to be "ultra-casual" and that has one month expansion unlocks should have the fastest exp rate of any EQ server. That includes live servers, FV, and even Test. I'm as confused now as I was when phinny first opened with faster unlocks than any other TLP yet far slower exp rate. I didn't understand the dev's intentions then and I don't understand them now.

I am glad to see Mepps mention that they are looking at and evaluating the rates for the future. I hope they tune the rate to a more appropriate level (at least live rates if not FV, Test, or more) soon. Otherwise my hopes of possibly being able to raid at least once in a while in era definitely aren't happening.
    Icaen likes this.
  20. Took2summmit Elder

Sorry but you're literally the only one that thinks normal experience isnt fast enough. All these posts are about AAxp not normal xp. Theres zero chance mepps is going to change the regular xp rate. The AA rate may change, which I'm not against. I'm against people acting is if they're getting something they didn't know they were getting and no complaining about it.