Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Hamshire Augur

Selos aa exp was messed up for 90% of the bonus exp period and now that the bonus has ended the exp rate is back to 2% a kill which is exactly what it was at on Coirnav. Could you at least turn this back on for us so that we have a portion of what was promised until you have a real fix for this?
    Ajjantis likes this.
  2. Dvaren2 New Member

Please turn the anniversary back on until problem is resolved.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Thought AA rate would be decent? April Fools!
    Pharone, Pirlo, Taladir and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rotlust Augur

My entire group left when they started to see that 2% a kill trash WITH a potion.This is an event server -- this is impossibly bad for this server. This CAN NOT WAIT for the april patch in 3 weeks.
  5. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

It's terrible again. I hope we don't lose too much population over this, even if it's temporary.
  6. Vaneksniper Elder

7. Neldarion Lorekeeper

Relax it's a prank
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

My second grind group grinded to a stop!
    Gherig likes this.
  9. Icaen Elder

Just quadruple the XP and let us have fun PLEASE. You have Frogloks and Berserkers and thousands of AA coming out in a few months, we're gonna want to make alts. There's your XP pot money.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

The normal xp rate is really quite poor as well. I'm not sure how you expect anyone new to come to this server. If you missed the initial rush, levelling takes forever.
  11. I Love Lamp Elder

You guys mean to tell me you dont think killing 50 dark blue cons for 1 AA is fast? But the devs just posted in the other thread about how they looked at exp and they realized they didn’t match their advertisement of a

“Fast, fly through everquest”

server. Surely their fix of 2% to 3% a kill with 50% anniversary bonus is fast now? It went from 50 kills per AA to 33!! Sure the exp bonus is gone now but how will the devs tell their bosses they did everything they could to milk exp pots out of the player base if they actually delivered on their promise

@devs - newsflash! The people who buy exp pots will always buy them because the efficiency scales (7% a kill becomes 10% a kill, just like 2% becomes 3%). That means i could run potions and have 100AA rather than 70AA. Thats a much better selling point than 20 AA vs 30 AA.

In fact id rather just not play at all and let my sub lapse than grind AA exp 20 hours a week on top of 40 hours of raiding just to be 150 AA behind when PoP launches
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

For myself, slower exp actually makes me less likely to purchase potions than the other way around. If I can pop a 50% pot and grind out a bunch of AAs/regular XP in 4 hours I might be willing to spend the cash for the instant gratification. With XP being what it is though I feel like I'm just throwing good money after bad and may as well let them trickle in at their current natural pace.
    Ulain, Sethiroth, Iyacc and 4 others like this.
  13. Zert Journeyman

guy is full of i just killed a 51 LB mob with 25% potion and i got 7%....
  14. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

I gave up and re-rolled on Mangler. Its not the server I wanted to play on, but Selo's will never be the server they promised ... I see that now.
    Ulain likes this.
  15. dfgdsfgsdfgdsfg New Member

he's talking about group exp

agree with the exp rate... it's too slow. server will be dead in 3-4 months... no one wants to hard core grind exp in groups in their 20th year of EQ
  16. I Love Lamp Elder

Not for AA exp you didn’t and not at level 60. So thanks for trolling but bye bye, have fun under your rock now and bless your little heart
  17. yerm Augur

Daybreak is really going above and beyond to make certain the server gets killed. Such a big fall from a month ago and the incredible hype behind it.

There is no such thing as "too fast" because the server timers make sure you always have other stuff to do even if max xp+aa. Stop slowing it down, you are burning easy profits.

Is it really so hard and awful to just actually push and compile code on some test database and kill a mob in testing? What really irks me here is not just the bad xp, but the stubborn and repeated insistance that it was good when any remotely diligent programming QA process should have involved killing a mob and looking at a number, and god forbid doing that a whole two times once each on different servers and comparing.

Give us live xp until tss unlocks, at which point give us test xp. Copy those numbers. Please for the love of god stop trying to slow down the xp to some magical number that is clearly not working. Whoever is telling you that slow xp will sell potions is a liar - I was in a race group, surrounded by the hardcore folks, and it was crystal clear that potion buffs mostly vanished off level 60s. They came back this weekend as people thought xp was fixed and good; I expect that to end now, again.

I'm glad my company doesn't let programmers make major deliveries without actually so much as a cursory look at the actual/visible result after code is pushed and compiled. We would lose all our customers...
    Krenny, Punchu, Icaen and 1 other person like this.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

XP is fine. Kill faster
  19. yerm Augur

Thanks mangler player for your input.
  20. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Yeah, i never really understood the logic of less xp = more potion sales

Imagine someone was selling AA powerlevels at 1 KR for 10 AA, While someone else was selling AA powerlevels at 1KR for 20 AA. I would be much more likely to buy the second one. Guess a few dumb whales who will buy pots regardless kinda ruin it for the rest of us.