Bonus exp ended and Selos is back to Coirnav aa exp again.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hamshire, Apr 1, 2019.

1. yerm Augur

You can literally click on level 60s that are grinding and physically see the lack of potion buffs. This weekend was the first time they seemed common like they were during the level race. I doubt that lasts unless re-"fixed"...

I'm in the same boat as bobby and what appears at least to be most 60s: I would love to use a potion and knock out a ton of aas and get them over with, but if xp is awful, I will not waste the money and instead get aas as they come or live without em for now.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  2. took2summit11 Augur

Actually I already posted this in the 30 other threads on this exact same topic, but the next 11 months of Selos will see a grand total of 2100 AAs. This includes all the useless AAs as well. I’d say people will need about 1100 AAs over the next 11 months. Anyways, I hope you guys get your increased experience.
  3. ZeeK Elder

Please look into this again devs after the anniversary bonus is gone. Exp feels slow again and too grindy with this server ruleset.
    Tornat likes this.
  4. Meridian Augur

Grind harder.
    Barton likes this.
  5. NoMoreQPls New Member

Selo isn't really as advertised. Instead of selo speed it's more akin to hitting the run button while walking.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Two things. The hyperbole doesn't help. The doubling of AAXP on Selo is still on. The bonus XP event ended.

We are reviewing feedback and AAXP rates on the server for the long term.
    Icaen, Rile, andross77 and 3 others like this.
  7. Machentoo Augur

There is very little hyporbole in this or the other threads. It is a real problem, not something blown out of proportion. Just as it was before you recognized it was broken in the first place.
    Zanarnar, Ulain, raylone and 4 others like this.
  8. Sturmx Lorekeeper

Time to get this thread to 300 replies and 10,000+ views.
    Icaen likes this.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Can you please review regular experience as well? It is very difficult to get started on this server if you missed the initial rush (which is now over, or mostly over). It will be hard for the server to be successful long term if new players are immediately scared off because of how slow it is to catch up to max level AND get AA all within a month.
    Ulain and Icaen like this.
  10. Tornat Augur

First i want to say I thank the devs for getting us double aa xp before the weekend . it was a great weekend . after that being said . why not just give this server FV xp rates on all things . it's a fast server . super sonic selo bard running exp is just going to make the server more fun.
  11. Rile Lorekeeper

Also remember, just because you increase XP rates doesn't mean that people won't buy XP potions.. the exact opposite actually, I love watching my XP fly and will continue to buy potions even if you increased experience by 1000%

My intention was to make a lot of alts on this server as well, and add a 3rd box account too. Situations like that create additional revenue streams, since i will also purchase the 40 slot bags and another mount if/when they actually get implemented again. I refuse to buy any of your crates, I will not support that business model. I would buy mounts at $25 across 3 accounts tho
  12. Girth-Matters Lorekeeper

I think FV rates would be great for this server.
  13. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It is also hard for new people to catch up on phinigel. Please quadruple the normal AND aaxp, so all the selo quitters have a place to go. The server needs this to be successful long-term
    Ulain likes this.
  14. vylo Augur

This isn't hyperbole. Many of us have access to characters on both Agnarr and Coirnav, both of which are supposed to be much slower than Selo's exp. We can literally kill X number of mobs on each server in a few minutes and compare. AA exp isn't working correctly, and even if you doubled it, it would be too slow compared to regular exp, because the baseline was at around Coirnav's level, which is much, much less than half of selo's regular exp.
  15. Ceffener Augur

Both those servers have AAXP boost from PoP. You have to compare their XP rate when they were in Luclin.
    Dythan likes this.
  16. Punchu Augur

I can only speak for myself and some of my friends and guild mates. We spend all our time raiding. I'm in a raid 90% of the time I'm logged into Selo. That's great, that's what we came here for. There's no time to AAXP at these terrible rates.

Bobbybick is 100% right. I'm not spending money on exp potions to increase my experience rate from terrible to really bad. I'll just roll with terrible, or quit.
    Ulain and Icaen like this.
  17. vylo Augur

I played both of those servers before pop. Coirnav was even or faster during luclin. Doubling the exp doesn't even come close to the appropriate number, its a fraction. At 60, we should be talking about 15% aa a kill in OC.
  18. Hamshire Augur

The fix to this is simple, give us FV or Test exp and its solved forever. Live exp will solve it for now but live exp will be normal once we hit TSS and these threads will be back again wanting it boosted further because the server was advertised to be further and faster then normal.
  19. AeHaze Journeyman

/sign

Experience is back to sucking again. This server cannot have such a low rate on AA experience. It needs to be what it was like with the anniversary buff, If not slightly higher, Permanently...
  20. HoodenShuklak Augur

As a raider and EQ addict, this pretty much sums it up.
    Pharone and Ajjantis like this.