Mangler log in crash?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinkeh, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Zinkeh Augur

So I was having an issue with none of my new windows or filters to those windows saving after I logged out. They'd simply not be there upon login.

Someone suggested I set the game to run as administrator. I did that and the game will load, server screen will load, and character select will load. I select my character and it goes through the loading screen and right as it would show me on screen the game simply closes. I went back and set it to run as admin for all users. Same issue.

Changed it back. Same issue. I was just on a day ago with zero issues.

*addition* what's even weirder is that I went to login just now and it was saying I still had a char logged into the world. My last attempt and crash was like 15 minutes ago...So it's logging me in when it crashes but doesn't seem to realize I'm not connected.
  2. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

For the past few days this crash happens pretty much every single time I log out of a character to the character select.

One time after a crash one of my chat windows was renamed to "Change Race" or something strange like that.
  3. Zinkeh Augur

Yeah the only time I've ever had a window not stay or a filter not stay is if I set it in game then exited, rather than quit out of the game. That problem was happening the last 3 or 4 days anytime I'd change it but this crash on login thing is completely out of the blue and new.
  4. a_librarian Augur

Had this problem at the start and I had to deleted the 'UI_chararacter_server' file for the broken character in my EQ folder. Then it would repeat any time I tried to /copylayout on that character. Now it just crashes whenever I log out of that character. Ridiculously broken yet I've seen no acknowledgement of the problem after posting about it repeatedly in the Bug thread for the latest patch
  5. Zinkeh Augur

Yeah I noticed just now I can log in my other characters with the default windows and UI as I've only logged into them once to save their names. Log out of them and back in on my main character. Crasharoonie. I've been playing since launch without so much as a DC, but this I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

The only change I made yesterday was to add a new chat window to filter to and changed my tell window from those ridiculous tabs to a regular window again.

*edit* I clicked the "load default ui" on the char screen hoping that would fix it. Nope. Also Boom.
  6. Grogak The Champion

I can confirm this is the culprit. Every time I have this crash issue I delete the UI file in question and it goes back to non-crash status. There's definitely an issue with the UI files for whatever reason.

I play on Selo though so it's not related to any specific server.
  7. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

Has there been any progress on this? Tired of crashing every single time I camp my main.
  8. getlostgreg Lorekeeper

Might have been overkill but a fresh install fixed this right up for me.
  9. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Likewise! Every time I camp (exit) I get hard booted straight to desktop. Not even going to bother with a re-install because this is an improvement over not being able to log into the game at all. =/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...at-tabs-earned-auto-crash-achievement.256666/