@devs Selo AA Exp not effected by bonus

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vexn, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tornat Augur

Pretty much this . starting to get disappointing with the no update thing , i mean if its going to take awhile to fix that's fine but please keep up us up to date . there is no reason not to communicate stuff like this it's very disrespectful to the customer and i'm getting close to uninstalling and unsub for good.
  2. Truthfire Lorekeeper

We just want to know whether it's working as designed or not. Please give us an answer. Total radio silence is terrible look.
    Tornat likes this.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update:

We went through everything XP related, and can confirm the Selo XP rate/increase is there and working for both regular XP and AAXP.

The likely main cause of frustration when comparing to the other servers is that there is a behind-the-scenes AAXP bonus applied to AA experience based on 1) how many AA you have, and 2) what expansions have been released. This bonus only begins when PoP releases, so Selo simply doesn't have it (yet).

(Also causing frustration is that AA is classically slow at the start.)

We are looking at how this and other XP-related factors map onto Selo's expansion cadence, with the feedback re: slowness in mind, to see if/what changes might make sense for the life of the server.

Sorry for the delay in getting this info out.
    Barton, Yinla and TALIBANNED like this.
  4. I Love Lamp Elder

Thank you so much for the response.

Would you consider just giving us test server exp for now? and/or forcing the PoP bonus in
  5. Geoff Journeyman

Meeps, please don't leave the computer til you can provide feed back to the devs. What you said isn't accurate. So AOE pulling zones like the deep at level 60 and putting all exp into AA is vastly different on Selos than on any other sever. The rates do not match up. We aren't crazy and are comparing apples to apples. The rate is not the same.
  6. KPW99 Lorekeeper

This is wrong. With bonus exp and a pot, I'm getting half of what I was in Luclin with no bonus/pot on phinny in the same camps
    Elyani and SirLord like this.
  7. Hinastorm86 Augur

Did you read the part about the behind the scenes bonus when PoP unlocks? We currently have no way to accurately compare Selo AA exp, cause no other server has only luclin open.

We can only go off memory at this point, or video if someone has it.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. SirLord Journeyman

This can't be true. As other posters have indicated already, the exact same camps give *significantly* less xp per kill on Selo than I've experienced on other TLPs during SoL.
    Elyani likes this.
  9. Seaza New Member

Likely the majority of us can provide logs from Agnarr at SOL launch to prove to the Devs that this is totally inaccurate. Were you comparing the incorrect server EXP rates? Agnarr should have been slower than the rates on Selos correct? We can almost certainly prove this to be false.
    SirLord likes this.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

Please do so then. I have no horse in this race, yet (im on selo, but a long way from AAing) but they have their take, we need to provide the facts or shutup.
  11. pimenttoncheese Elder

You just killed Selo.
  12. malaki Augur

There is no way that this correct unless there have been massive changes to zone ZEMs to the point where they are currently giving like a quarter of the xp that they were during luclin on phinigel.
  13. KeystoneFoH New Member

If thats the final answer I'm gone too. whole idea of a fast exp server was to be here and be able to raid not to spend limited playtime grinding artificially slow AA's when the server was advertised as fast exp.
  14. Seaza New Member

Look i will go through my gigs of logs to find this because I may have autism. What worries me is that the following was said
    This cant be true. Think about it, we have more EXP bonus than previous servers and on top of that we have 50% more bonus from the event.
    Ill be back with logs to prove this.
  15. Hateseeker Augur

Like I said, if this is working as intended, then they need to intend something else. Although it sounds like it may get better with PoP?
    Elyani likes this.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

"Almost" unbelievable.

4 week expansions + grinding AA... Selo truly was the casual server all along. Likely that nobody will be raiding in era before too long.
  17. KeystoneFoH New Member

more like likely that nobody will be playing before long
  18. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

How can the Increase be working if it doesn't work till pop. I believe what you mean is it's broken and you need to fix it. My sub is up in 5 days if there isn't a timetable for fixing it before PoP. I'm not reupping or touching a DBG product ever again
  19. Polpet Elder

Rangers can do 350AA+ in Luclin.
    So thats like 10+ AA per day.
    How should that work?
  20. TALIBANNED Journeyman

i would make a significant wager this is the case. AA grinding in luclin has always been abysmal. its why ive never done more than 50 to 75 during luclin. thats enough on any class to be fully functional. once PoP hits is when i max my aa. its just so much better. i always attributed that to the zones being better, but apparently there is an actual bonus to aa exp with PoP from mepps post
    Yinla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.