Mangler compared to Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Graddox Twoaxe, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Graddox Twoaxe Lorekeeper

Not sure why Daybreak gives me examples of servers I haven't played on to reference. Is Mangler faster, slower, or the same exp as Agnarr?

Does anyone at Daybreak have spreadsheet software, so they can just make a list of EXP rates and post it, rather than this Goldilocks and the Three Bears system they're using now?
  2. Stagentti Augur

3. Ceffener Augur

XP Rates (For TLP at time of Launch)

Classic EQ (slowest)
    Coirnav
    Phinigel/Agnarr
    Ragefire/Lockjaw/Mangler (~1.7 times faster than Phinigel)
    Selos
    Live EQ
    Firiona Vie
    Test (Fastest)
  4. Stagentti Augur

Doesn't matter for this discussion but Agnarr was considerably faster than Phinny at launch.
  5. Graddox Twoaxe Lorekeeper

Yuck. Thanks guys.
  6. sumnayin2 Augur

7. Stagentti Augur

What exactly did I miss?

"Is Mangler faster, slower, or the same exp as Agnarr?"

EDIT: nice ninja edit. For clarify the comment was "when you don't read the OP but comment anyways"
  8. SiegeT New Member

The first post on that thread is slightly misleading. After the first kill the exp was 7% but it didn't include the fact that she got exp for turning in her note to the guild leader (It would have been before the quest exp nerf). The subsequent kills were: 12%, 17%, 22%, 26%.

It looks like the exp for turning in the note was 2% so oldkracow's post there seems to be accurate.
  9. Stagentti Augur

Well now I'm very confused :).
  10. Grailer Augur

Yuck . If Mangler is that fast i’ll hit 50 with a month and have 2 months waiting around .

Might play Selos , sounds better
  11. LittleBrumski Augur

Look at the bright side, if the XP is that fast you might actually see people play alts too. I know a lot of people (myself included) who refused to make alts for a long time due to the slower and slower xp of phinny and then corinav
  12. Jadefox Augur

WUT?

That's three sets of alts!

--Alternative Jade
  13. Fizon Augur

What do you mean? I had 2 lvl 60's on Phinny. I got divorced shortly after but thems the brakes
  14. LittleBrumski Augur

I made it from release until just before PoP (raided velious and luclin) and got up to about 150AAs before I burned out. Remember that Phinny was almost half of the XP as ragefire was at the time? It was a lot more of a grind than RF was and I remember the forums exploded with threads about the @#$@ XP. I stuck it out for a year because I was having fun, but the grind eventually won. I didn't try to play on Corinav but the "slow XP sucks" threads blew up again when that server went live.
  15. Zinkeh Augur

Wait, mangler will be faster than agnarr? I'm a bit late to the party but I thought it was gonna be really slow? Agnarr had pretty good exp.

If mangler is faster than agnarr, how much faster? I'd definitely be up for that. Selos sounds too fast.
  16. Zansobar Augur

Yes Mangler is no longer going to have slow xp and a big death penalty after the outcry from the players they changed the ruleset so that Mangler will not have a bigger death penalty and will have xp rates of Ragefire (which is the fastest of any TLP launched so far). Selo will still have double that xp rate but will have 1 month expansion unlocks.
  17. Protagonist Tank

They (Weirdly) don't just give numbers on it. They've said Mangler will be the same as RF/LJ (The fastest XP TLPs before Selo) and they said Agnarr was "a bit slower" than those two.