Etiquette on Launch Day

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evade, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Coirnav Augur

Launch day is war if you intend on being among the first to max level. War with other players, war with your desire to sleep when you can't. War with your wallet buying endless EXP pots. Wait a week if you don't like that play style and you'll have a lot more fun.
    Pirlo likes this.
  2. Shakara Augur

I read this and then failed to see the point of why you wasted your time writing this. Really what were you hoping to gain from this post?
  3. Garrison Journeyman

Always love the people who run up to a full group and ask "Can I join...."
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Followed by tells about how boxers ruined the game, and a lame attempt to train
  5. PaulKing Journeyman

yeah ur gonna need an army to hold a camp on launch day lol-

6. Stagentti Augur

We can forget everything we know about server launches.

Saturday launch of a server with A LOT of hype? Uncharted territory.

This is going to be a complete sh*t show lol. Saturday AND Sunday.

15 groups in each pick of Crushbone and other low level zones. Probably won't be able to level up much over the weekend unless you stay up late for when people go to sleep and/or get frustrated and camp for the day.

Probably no point in seriously trying to level for the first couple days.

And all of THAT is dependent on even being able to log in lol. Agnarr had people still trying to get through 4-5 hours after launch time on a WEEKDAY.
    Pirlo likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

Its the same zones as phinny and probably less total people. You will be fine. Selos is about double the noob zones to quadruple 30+, even finer.
  8. Gremin Augur

This is the wrong crowd to be asking that. :mad:
  9. Elemenopi Augur

But dat obligatory "there are no camps" post doh.

Because DBG, SOE, VI, and 989 all said so. :p
  10. sumnayin2 Augur

Chances are the people you annoy won't be on the server for long and/or won't remember your name. I had a VERY VERY unique name on Coirnav and I butted heads with people constantly with my 2box...a day later that same person wouldn't even remember me.
  11. PwnQuest Augur

"Forget everything you think you know about Everquest"
  12. Grailer Augur

Can't wait for Oasis .. Sand Giants and Spectres being trained onto the beach . Glad I picked a druid class first .
    Pirlo likes this.
  13. The Hated One Augur

Welp lets see...I know of 1 guild alone that is hitting launch day with almost 40 preset groups. So that is what ...240 toons alone? And this bunch...is not F'ing around so you should plan on the most toxic atmosphere you can imagine. That is just 1 guild. Multiply that by the number of high level guilds that are taking this as a challenge and you can imagine how things are going to be.

All you casual people are fooling yourselves if you think your going to be having "fun" day one. I still haven't decided yet if i will just log on and take up space in protest of there being no boxing server. You will all know me though. My toons will be Trueboxsxs, Truboxsks, Truuboxsux, etc etc... Make sure to say hi if I am on =).
    Iyacc likes this.
  14. Stagentti Augur

Eh a lot of hardcore guilds are going Selos.

And if this guild goes Mangler they will out level lower zones fast enough that it won't matter.

You're right though. A non true box server would totally be less of a mess at launch /s
  15. Grailer Augur

Actually they need IP Locked servers . Only 1 player per IP address . And enforced play nice rules like P99. That server is free and takes a huge dump on these paid to play servers for customer service lol.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  16. ShivanAngel Augur

What would they do about multiple people that play in the same household? To bad so sad?

IP exemptions? Then I could just say yah my "wife" and "kid" play with me and 3 box anyway. They dont have the manpower to enforce whats in their ToS now, and you want them to add to it?
    Barton and Pirlo like this.
  17. SweetLaxTho Elder

To bad so sad sounds pretty low man power tbh
  18. Stagentti Augur

Also sounds pretty low revenue.
    Barton likes this.
  19. Hykaro Journeyman

The same reason you voiced your thoughts. It is a forum after all.
  20. Koshk Augur

Words cannot describe how eager I am to group with the fun, friendly folk on Mangler.