New Selos and Mangler Rule Sets

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protagonist, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Rururu New Member

I think the mistake was not offering the increased exp everyone bitched about since release, its pretty clear that LESS exp on kill and MORE exp loss on death isn't exactly a popular server attribute. I don't necessarily agree that Coirnav was a mistake, at the time it was about right for a new phinny clone 2 years after that server's launch, the fact that Agnarr was a dead end after PoP (and later on LDON) meant that if anyone wanted to play past LDON their best option was to play on Coirnav, that can't necessarily be said anymore with Selos and the appeal of entirely new servers was bound to sap much of the population growth anyway. In the short term, Coirnav will be fine, but will the server have the same longevity as Phinny did in order to carry onward into later expansions? Perhaps not.

It remains to be seen how many people are truly hardcore enough to keep up with Selos fast pace release schedule, but it won't ever have long stretches with no excitement or no new content right around the corner.

If one thing is certain, it's that DGB is kicking Coirnav right in the balls in granting Mangler features that Coirnav probably should have had at launch.
    Trevalon likes this.
  2. Rotlust Augur

I was thinking about this too. Ideally, they would take each expansion on a case by case basis, but six weeks per expac WITH LoY rolled into LDoN (the chief complaint of those who disagree with six weeks) would have been perfect.

I hope when we reach that point, devs will consider bumping a couple of weeks on content-heavy expansions like GoD.
  3. Master Kahleem Augur

I feel like 4 is just waaay too dang fast. I don't get a chance to breath here, and I'm planning to no-life pretty hard haha.

I want a chance to enjoy such a unique Ruleset. I just don't feel like 4 weeks is long enough??
    skattabrainz likes this.
  4. PwnQuest Augur

Some constructive criticism for the dev team, if they even read this.

Selos feels like you got creative, and actually tried to give the hardcore crowd something new. It feels like an attempt at least, and may or may not be successful at that - it's not for me, but I see the potential for it, for others. (I have no clue how this was ever labeled as a casual server)

Mangler feels like just a slight improvement over past TLPs, another rehashing. I would like to see future TLPs be a bit more varied in ruleset, for the crowd that wants to play classic EQ and not 5 expansion, or 25 expansion EQ. I would've preferred you to take a creative chance / attempt at something new with Mangler. If 'something new' was the ultra slow XP server, I have no idea what you were thinking quite frankly, that is a massive miss.

Just my 2 cents.
  5. Koshk Augur

Trevalon and Elyani like this.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Trevalon likes this.
  7. Tachyon Augur

Love the Mangler adjustment, thanks!!
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Once you start a guy on Mangler, shoot me a message here I'll send you a krono or 2 for your hard-work in making that server actually playable for us casual bastards.

or if you have a guy on FV I can log in sometime and send them there.
    Risiko likes this.
  9. Bhalz New Member

You announced an ultra casual server and i dont see one listed. Is there another server coming out too that has FV loot etc? I see a fast server and a same as usual tlp but no ultra casual..... are we getting one?
  10. Syntax New Member

There's no "casual" or "hardcore" server anymore. There's fast progression and standard progression. You take your pick of those. If you want to play casually on a fast progression server then do it. If you want to play casually on a standard progression server, then do that.
    Koshk likes this.
  11. Bhalz New Member

No thanks, i wanted what they advertised.
    Mashef likes this.
  12. Ceffener Augur

They never advertised FV loot...thats for sure.
    Lateryn and SweetLaxTho like this.
  13. Lateryn Augur

And then 100 more servers to please everyone else that has certain specifics they want. And please 1/3? More like 3/4.
  14. Rengwen Shadowslayer New Member

Am I the only one thay wants to see a progression server that starts at 1999 with slow expansion unlocks and double normal server experience rate? I used to play constently but now I don't have much time to grind for leveling but I would still love to have the progression server feeling again.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  15. Dailor Augur

Yes, you are.
    AgentofChange and Renshu like this.
  16. vazaelle_newb New Member

I'm totally in the same boat. Have played on 3 TLP's now starting from classic, which is great, but honestly they have all been too slow of xp. With a wife, kid, house that needs repairs/maintenance, and full time job with a side-hustle, spending 10 hours a week to play a game is a luxury. I would love to be able to log in a few hours a week and still feel like I've made progress.
    Rengwen Shadowslayer likes this.
  17. PwnQuest Augur

Sounds very similar to Mangler to me. What are you seeing as different?
  18. Kywen Augur

I still feel the same way about Selo as I posted on February 12, I think it's going to be an awesome server and totally fun and I'll play on it... once it reaches Live. Sounds like a riot, once the fast unlocks stop.

So happy that Mangler now sounds more fun. I was planning to play on Mangler anyway, but now I know I'll have lots of company!

Thanks, DBG.
    snailish likes this.
  19. Pirlo Augur

Forgive me it's been a long day at work and I'm quite tired....

What exactly changed from the original rules to this new stuff that Roxxly just announced?
  20. BarknBite New Member

Mangler is now Phinny 3 with faster xp.