Couple tips I learned for when starting out on a fresh TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Evade, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Evade Augur

Anyone starting fresh is going to need 2 things from the cash shop.

1. A mount. Run like a bard, plus I heard it gives you a crazy 6 hour buff when you mount it. This will be necessary for long distance travel as there won't be any ports for at least a couple days. (2500 Daybreak Cash dollars. About $25 US equivalent)

2. Buy the 40 slot giant 100% weight reduction backpack. ($35 comes with a couple xp pots). With this bag you'll be able to hold a ton of tradeskill items right off the bat, and not to mention all those armor and weapons pieces you'd have just left on the ground cause you couldn't hold the weight.

Post your own tips if you got any
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Treat your wife/girlfriend really special TWO weeks prior to launch. If you do it too close to launch week, she will know something is up. By greasing the wheels well in advance, she will just think you're treating her special without any expectation of reciprocity.
    Chatoyan likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Are marketplace mounts available pre-Luclin now? Wasn't the case for Phinny, but I didn't pay attention to Agnarr/Coirnav classic eras.
  4. Kahna Augur

They aren’t. Then again. One of the servers is starting at Luclin.

5. HoodenShuklak Augur

They weren't on Agnarr. But I expect selo to have them right off the bat since they get The Bazaar.

The real question is, is that fairy wand 6 hour levi still a thing?
  6. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Marketplace = cash shop or something diff?
  7. Magic Augur

Actually mounts was available from some crates, but cant use till Luclin :)
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Yes marketplace = daybreak cash shop
  9. Nakami New Member

My husband is going to be really surprised to find out I have a wife/girlfriend :rolleyes:
    Brunlin, Haeldar, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Well, it sounds like you'll have plenty of free time for launch in that case. Good luck!
    Brunlin likes this.
  11. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Can we confirm... did coirnav and agnarr have mounts for purchase in the DB Cash shop at launch or did mounts only become available in luclin?
  12. Tachyon Augur

Mounts aren't available until Luclin.

On tips, if you are a caster research your class and only buy the spells you need. Also, don't go nuts buying gear. You can survive perfectly well with what drops along the way Classic thru Velious.
    Barton likes this.
  13. Strawberry Augur

It gives you an insane 200hp / 200 mana buff from level 1 iirc.
  14. jeskola pheerie

Even though your husband is going to be suprised, are you still going to follow the poster's advice?
  15. Ceffener Augur

For someone the just resubbed for the first time in 18 years you know a lot about cash shop and TLPs.
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

No better way to support the game you love than by buying it's products!

#Bossbabe #networkmarketing #entrepreneur #workfromhome #success #notascam #basementdweller #itworks #herbalife
    Gorgol the Ogre likes this.
  17. Evade Augur

I do have access to the game you know... There is a button called DB in game that takes you to the shop... There is also people in game I can speak with
  18. Krezzy Augur

Your best game progress and experience will always be with others. Find players you enjoy hanging out with and add them to your friends list or join their guild.

ZAM is still handy, but check out Almarr's Guides for TLP-specific guides.

Quests no longer grant any usable amount of XP. Don't worry about gnoll fangs or the like.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

That was the biggest crime. Gnolls fangs used to be the bees knees.
  20. Weebles Augur

It really does suck for those of us that play the game legit. CB belt farming was truly one of my fondest EQ memories. You would think they could have just applied this change to bone chips and red wine and have been done with it.
    Hirbow and Ishbu like this.