Hyped for Selo TLP. just me?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Slades, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Slades New Member

I was excited when they announced Selo's server. Its like they were reading my mind. Didn't want to start in Classic/Kunark again. It's so boring and everyone disappears after a few weeks till the next expansion anyways. I hope they keep it starting on luclin. I'll be ok if they increased the expansion unlocks to two months or so, but fine with one month also. I'm looking forward to it!
  2. TheRedBandit Elder

I agree, i think 1.5 or 2 month increase would be okay. I'm still excited for 1 month too.
  3. Weebles Augur

Definitely not just you. People love the idea of the Selo server, but the general consensus is that 1 month is just a touch too fast. I’ll still play on it, but I think 6 weeks would be perfect. Exp, rares, and lockouts are doubled, so it makes sense to half the standard lockout time (12 weeks down to 6). But again, I’m fine wih 1 month too.

And yeah, I’m thrilled that I don’t have to wait 3 months to be iksar, and can level in paludal caverns, kaesora, dalnir, etc instead of just unrest>upper guk> solA>mistmoore>lower guk like every time before.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was looking at starting afresh somewhere. Selos has got me excited! It's not what I was expecting with all other TLPs starting in Classic. I like the idea of hitting all expansion in 2 years!
  5. Crayon123 Augur

6-8 weeks would be better, but yes, Selo's sounds like a lot of fun!
    Sennik Jevest likes this.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

I hope they dont touch selos, i could live with 6-8 week unlocks, any longer then that and i wont play.

Bring on the fun!
  7. Garrison Journeyman

Yeah, don't touch Selo as it is. It's a nice change from the "typical" TLP server. It's not for everyone, but for some it will be perfect.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. ForumBoss Augur

Its an interesting idea for sure, I'd play there if they make it 6 or more weeks for level cap increase expansions, and add free trade or remove true box.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  9. TheRedBandit Elder

Definitely agree on the lockouts, the truebox better stay and free trade can go though.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  10. Crayon123 Augur

Truebox + FV = MAGIC!
    chumpy likes this.
  11. Daemon Sicarius New Member

I totally agree! Starting in Luclin bypasses all the boring xpan that i've seen before.

Looking forward to Selo, don't change a thing!
  12. Haeldar New Member

Super excited! Unfortunately, I'll be at GDC the week of launch (happy about that, but what timing). Hoping to get in some game time in the evenings. If not, I'll just have to put the pedal to the metal when I get back!
  13. Protagonist Tank

Lots of people like Selos. It's Mangler that will be absolutely dead within a month.
  14. Shiba Journeyman

I am hyped about the fast exp. One month or two month unlock doesn't really matter to me. I would have liked to start on Velious since I have never stepped into ToV but I am ok with Luclin. Maybe ToV will be on the raid schedule a few times and I can experience it.
  15. Sethiroth Augur

Gimme 3 month lockouts on selos and I’ll be in there like a swimwear wedgie (I’ll settle for 2 month lockouts, but anything less will kill it for me).

If it stays as is, I very much doubt I’ll be resubbing.
    Chances are daybreak will look at all the feedback, keep the lockout timer, reduce the exp and start the server in classic though rofl.
  16. Machentoo Augur

This post makes me wish there were a dislike button.
    Pirlo likes this.
  17. Evade Augur

Selo can stay as is to appeal to the hardcore players. I just hope Daybreak actually gives Casuals a server to call home. Fast xp, Classic/Kunark start, long expan unlocks and increased rare spawns
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats what we all hope, then everyone will be happy.
  19. Mestops12 Lorekeeper

2 months is way too long

That's literally 6 months of PoP, Agnarr lost most of its population in under 6 months and this has 2x the exp of Agnarr. Not to mention GoD comes with an exp boost and doesn't increase the level cap.

Do people really want to sit on 5 maxed out characters going into OoW? I feel like players don't really know what they're asking for.
    chumpy likes this.
  20. Cydonia Elder

Not every expansion has to have full length unlocks, I’m sure most people recognise that expansions like LoY and LDoN are not full size expansions, and don’t warrant full length unlocks. but the main ones with lots of content need a lot longer than one month.