What is your most wanted feature for the new TLPs?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aiona, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Koshk Augur

That suggestion is a serious contender for my #1.

I'd like to see Character Name Enforcement back in the game. Nothing too extreme. I don't care about "breaking immersion", or enforcing any kind of serious roleplaying rules. While "SirTanksALot" or "Fluffy McWhiskers" may be very silly names, those are quite fine.

However. Some people have over-the-top, extremely immature, or borderline-offensive names. Would be nice if DBG would periodically review, and flag names where inappropriate. So that during their next login, they must choose something else.
  2. Kahna Augur

Report an offensive name when you see it. They may have their hands tied when it comes to proving someone is automating gameplay, but the dude with the not-so-subtle reference to male genitalia for a name is pretty cut and dry. They are real quick to fix those. It is a lot less work for them to fix a name that has been reported then it would be for them to have someone review the name of every person on the server. With the unending creativity of the populace, it's not something you could really teach a computer to do, and that is a lot of man hours staring at a list of names.
  3. Kittany Augur

You're right. People who use third party to RMT with kronos will still find a way to continue with the business to do whatever it is they do. But those people are the exception and disabling of krono trading will force the server to have a closed economy. The average person simply won't want to be bothered with the extra steps.
  4. Aiona Augur

Hah! Don't worry, we'll receive this news soon!

As in, no selling Krono's to other players or buying from other players? Personally, I would love to have this too, but I doubt it will happen unfortunately. :(

This made me smile because it could actually make for pretty interesting data/statistics to put on a community website! lol
  5. Aiona Augur

Sorry Kittany, not sure why the forums butchered my quote of your post but it won't let me fix it either without manually typing it out. :confused:
    Kittany likes this.
  6. Thorn New Member

Personally, i would love if they lowered the mana cost or increased the mana regen of all casters, increased all mob damage and health pools by 20-40%, and lowered the disciplines of melee by 30-50% so the gameplay was more active.
  7. Evade2019 Lorekeeper

Add an option to transfer your characters to another old server before the reset.
  8. Nolrog Augur

/facepalm.

Aside from the points that Malaki made, which are 100% valid (even if some people will avoid using krono, all people will not, so you still have the CS nightmare), you also remove a revenue stream from the company.
  9. Proggers New Member

The feature I would enjoy most is the ability for a group to spawn its own pick if it wanted to do so. Everything being camped has caused me to log out more times than anything else when participating on progression servers.
  10. Flops New Member

Is it true the hardcore characters will transition into Pantheon pre-alpha 7 at the end of PoP?
    Umul likes this.
  11. Umul Augur

I want exp bumped. Make outdoor zones and soloing viable. People like this guy can go do other zones besides Hamlord for 15 levels.
    ForumBoss and Crayon123 like this.
  12. Proggers New Member

Not that it was my intention but if I prefer to do Hamlord for 15 levels why does that bother you?
  13. Kittany Augur

Then I would beg to ask the question "How would having a single server that had krono disabled remove a revenue stream away from DBG's?". People still have the ability to buy kronos from DBG's and trade them on other servers. And as for those willing to do the cross server trading, it's a risk that they would take.to be able to make such a transaction.

And I would also ask, "How is having a closed economy bad? Especially for a server". As I explained in another thread. The current attitude is that a good many people do not mind paying in krono. But, in my opinion therein lies the problem. In paying a krono (Or multiple) for an item or service, a real life dollar amount is now attached to the said item or service. Would the same people be comfortable with the idea that they're paying 17.99 per krono for said item or service? It honestly doesn't matter if the said person bought said krono(s) with platinum or not.

There is an underground economy surrounding kronos. The 'investment' of them one could say. The price fixing, price controlling and then there is the near mafia like stranglehold that these few individuals have over both economies. These people do not want the rules changed because they profit off of it and in the process, makes the game a little less welcoming for everybody else.

So, to go back to the closed economy question. Without the influence of rampant third party RMT, the economy of a server can stay relatively healthy. Would there be third party RMT? Sure. But it would be less likely that it would occur. The problem with EQ right now is if you google krono, you'll find dozens of third party websites devoted to dealing with them that isn't DBG's official webpage.

Every game has suffered from this behavior. Every game company has handled it differently. EQ, WoW, Eve, DoaC, CoH, etc. And while you cite a CS nightmare, I think you fail to see the bigger picture involved. What the third party RMT'ers use the krono for is not the original intention that DBG's set out when they created the idea.

And as I also stated in another threat. I'm not against kronos. I think that it's a smart idea. However, I do think in it's current state, it's poorly implemented to where it can be abused in such a way. I've pretty much changed my stance on disabling kronos to simply making it no-trade after one trade so that the item will be used as it's originally intended to be.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

DBG makes these new servers regularly because they make them a lot of money, if they didn't or weren't successful, we wouldn't be getting as many as we are. Removing Kronos is something they will never do, it would be akin to voluntarily terminating a large part of their income for no benefit.
  15. Kittany Augur

How does disabling krono for a single server impact this? The original intent of the krono was to enable people to buy it through the DBG's website and then become a tradeable item in-game. This item is 30 days of playing time. Players can then exchange the in-game item for platinum (or a service) for 30 days of playing time. You do not physically have to be on the server you're playing on to activate the item because the item appears on all characters account wide, across all servers and even multiple DBG games.
  16. Crayon123 Augur

It is because sales on the new servers are MUCH higher than established, older servers. It absolutely makes a huge difference that the "single server" you are restricting Kronos sales on, is coincidentally the one everyone is whipping out their wallets for to get an edge on the competition.
    Barton likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

The ONLY real motivation that Daybreak has for opening more TLP's of any ruleset is to drive Krono sales. Krono are working EXACTLY as intended on TLP servers and in fact the TLP servers are the concept that proves the theory behind the creation of Krono.

No Krono = NO TLP

The should be labeled TLP/Krono servers so that no one has any confusion about why they are there
    Crayon123 likes this.
  18. Craigas New Member

I have been an ultra-casual player that has played off and on for 20 years. And I have been excited for each new progression server as they came out, but I have a hard time grouping, because I can never set down very much time to play at a single time. This has hampered my enjoyment of the game because I like to solo, almost exclusively, but that also means that the server leaves me behind pretty quick.
    I would love to have the option of Mercs at launch on the ultra casual server... even if they are only apprentice level 1 mercs. I think that something like that would allow me to experience the game as it progresses and not fall too far behind.
  19. nodontcarekkthxbye Augur

Significantly lower the maximum amount of players that can join raid. Game is rediculously too easy.
    Renshu and Bolten_DA like this.
  20. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

- Fix the /Guildwar command for TL and FE.
    - Bump up Rogue and Ranger DPS in classic.
    - Nerf Monk DPS from Kunark - Seeds.
    - Lower resists on Anguish bosses, lower resists on Plane of Sky bosses.
    - Either enable the penalties for hybrids / trolls / iksars again or kill the bonuses.
    - Make Phinigel non mezzable.
    - Don't allow entry level customer support to handle any sort of cash(platinum) reimbursements over the first weekend with no oversight.
    - Itemize planar slots no one wears, it's the highest level end raid zones in game - slots shouldn't be preferred to with level 30 zone, tradable slots.
    - Let us use the collectors edition mounts, kill the stat buffs on them until "xx is live" like most of the illusion clickies do with seeds.
    - Bring back the manastone and make it a .01% drop off the evil eye.
    - Launch the original expansion events as they happened on live, if that data exists anymore.
    - The one that will never happen …. Give back old Freeport.
    Kittany likes this.